Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #55966
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So happy~ Almost done with the semester, just need to finish finals, then I can work on cosplay all I want.

Though there is a photoshoot thing and a pandora hearts shoot thing, not sure which to go too T_T they're on opposite sides of the island. After Wednesday I'll go and clean up my cosplay area and find my cosplays..they're hiding from me somewhere...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #55967
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

^ Me too! Although I love finals week because I finally have a bit of free time. (Of course, it helps being the one giving the exam rather than taking it.)

Last night I made a spreadsheet for my Loveless plans to keep on task. Now when I go supply shopping this weekend I'll have a battle plan for success. Already ordered Soubi's glasses and should get the wig order out today as well.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #55968
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

^ I have to agree. After finals are over, I'll have more free time, thank god. Right now, working on final papers are killers. (College why must you be so difficult!?! )

I've finally convinced my guy friend to wear a wig. He's going to have to if he wants to be Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.

I'm trying to get people in the new Anime Club I started on campus to cosplay. I seem to be the only one who does.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014

Last edited by Marbleyes : 12-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #55969
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
^ I have to agree. After finals are over, I'll have more free time, thank god. Right now, working on final papers are killers. (College why must you be so difficult!?! )
Yup. Can't wait for finals to happen and be over(still have over 2 weeks though). And papers are killing me too. I'm finally on my last one.

And my friend thinks I'm starting to become a hoarder of sorts because I keep the glass(?) bottles that my acne treatment comes in after I finish the liquid inside. I have no idea what I would use the bottles for but I know it will come in handy sooner or later.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #55970
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
She looked so adorable and I loved her pirate guns. XD But Seven is one of my favorites too so no real complaining there.

And lucky! I've been trying to pull my friends together for a Type 0 group. Hasn't been working very well unfortunately.
I agree. I love her red brown hair. LOL <3 Can't wait to cosplay as Cater. Hahaha, I have that happen to me all the time. When I try to gather a cosplay group together for a con, it doesn't really work out. LOL Going solo is all good too though.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #55971
riotousrhythm

My black friday fabric for my cosplay got here and I just want to tear into it so bad but I haven't finished drafting the pattern yet. Why must I not have a single pattern fitting for this dress.
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #55972
kitsuneheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
PFFFFT I CAN'T WATCH A NEW ANIME ANYMORE WITHOUT CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR NEW COSPLAY CANDIDATES. Lord help me... xD
You and me both. xD I've finally gotten to the point where I try to only buy 'normal' clothes if they can do double-duty as a cosplay piece. Thank goodness so many shoujo characters have relatively normal outfits.

And it turns out my dad thinks that most cosplayers are goths that are completely obsessed with Twilight... great. And no matter how much I argued that point he stuck fast to his idea. Why do so many people think anime automatically equals weirdos?! I know every hobby has it's bad apple but not all of them are bad. I mean yes, there are some anime that are a bit dark but how can someone say all anime is like that? There's different genres in anime just like there are in books and movies. -sigh-
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #55973
Akahime
Red Princess

^ I agree. I stopped watching new animes because of this reason. That and also I backtracked on old anime and video games... and my list only expanded. LOL I'll catch up one some new animes soon. >>;;

Also, about your father. It's too bad that some people can't seem to let out of their assumptions. I like to think it as 'trauma' from the first experience (I guess that's a little too much of a stretch to say it's a 'trauma'). Like my mom, she heard over the radio that someone died from biking out in very hot weather and she wouldnít let us go biking in July. 0,o I mean, seriously. If you let your first experiences stop you, then youíll totally go nowhere in life.

Perhaps one day you can reason with your father that not everyone is the same. While anime may have some dark genres, think it as movies or video games. There are all kinds of genre and people who goes to watch them or play them are all kinds of people. Or use some kind of example that your father would understand if it really bothers you.

Otherwise, you might as well let him think like that (if he doesnít think too negatively about it I mean). Just like how Iím going to just let my parents think that every cosplayer are friends. LMAO I just never corrected them and itís not like weíre friends. WeíreÖ just connected via same hobby. Hehehe
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #55974
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I've been thinking about Jade's 3AM dress and ahhh I can't wait to make it.
But I'm so nervous. I have never made a dress before.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #55975
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Got it into my head that I should get a matching cell phone case for each character I cosplay. Amazon has a ton for mere pennies (plus a few bucks shipping).

I'm kind of in love with this idea now.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #55976
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I think I'll finally be able to finish Lucille this weekend! Woohoo!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #55977
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I should probably go and start Merlin's jacket, so I have one less thing to worry about. I just haven't been feeling up to sewing.

I also need to decide if the cosplays I have planned for Katsu are for sure the ones I want to do, or if I wanted to look through my old cosplays and just rewear one.

What I am working on:
(New)Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
(New)Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
(Fixing)Belarus - Hetalia
(Fixing)Wildcat - JKMM
(Fixing) Ibuki Mioda - Super Dangan Ronpa 2
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #55978
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

The only good thing about the semester being done soon is I'll have a month of evenings to work on Wolfwood's confessional. What can I say? I'm loving class, love my instructors, and am going to miss classes during break. I know. I'm weird.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #55979
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Friend is trying to get me to go to a con and Gangnam Style for the variety show. Lol, I don't even know how the variety shows even work, since none of the cons I been to have one...Starting to give in to temptation though. Of course my friend might just end up not going last second like last con... :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #55980
Akahime
Red Princess

^ it really sucks to have friends that back out (for any event actually). :/ I hope he or she really sticks through it and don't disappoint.