Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #55981
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
^ it really sucks to have friends that back out (for any event actually). :/ I hope he or she really sticks through it and don't disappoint.
Well last con friends just ended up not being able to go the day before. I got a message literally at around 11pm while I was Black Friday shopping :/ We weren't planning on doing anything like a skit or anything though but still sucked that I thought they were going. Lol, they didn't miss much since the con pretty much sucked anyways XD

Technically for this variety show thing if I end up going, I'm sure I could still recruit some random people...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #55982
kitsuneheart
Registered User
 
kitsuneheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
^ I agree. I stopped watching new animes because of this reason. That and also I backtracked on old anime and video games... and my list only expanded. LOL I'll catch up one some new animes soon. >>;;

Also, about your father. It's too bad that some people can't seem to let out of their assumptions. I like to think it as 'trauma' from the first experience (I guess that's a little too much of a stretch to say it's a 'trauma'). Like my mom, she heard over the radio that someone died from biking out in very hot weather and she wouldn’t let us go biking in July. 0,o I mean, seriously. If you let your first experiences stop you, then you’ll totally go nowhere in life.

Perhaps one day you can reason with your father that not everyone is the same. While anime may have some dark genres, think it as movies or video games. There are all kinds of genre and people who goes to watch them or play them are all kinds of people. Or use some kind of example that your father would understand if it really bothers you.

Otherwise, you might as well let him think like that (if he doesn’t think too negatively about it I mean). Just like how I’m going to just let my parents think that every cosplayer are friends. LMAO I just never corrected them and it’s not like we’re friends. We’re… just connected via same hobby. Hehehe
^^' I wish I could. I tried every example I could think of but he just wouldn't budge. (Guess I know where I get my hard-headedness from. >,<) I even brought my brother's model-planes into the converstation. Which ended up in him joking about my bro going out to his next fly-in dressed as Amellia Airheart, and them both saying at least his hobby didn't include dressing up like weirdos. -_- But he still just thinks the majority of cosplayers, or anyone into any hobbie like it (even writers?!), are just trying to "role-play" because they aren't happy with their lives. I just can't get him to see that most cosplayers are actually the exact opposite. It's about the fun of making a cosplay and liking a character; not trying to pretend to be said character. Most cosplayers don't even act in-character unless it's to joke around with other fans of a series.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to. -sigh- I just wish he wouldn't be so sure about something without having any real experiance with it. He's never even been to a con with me and the only anime fans he knows are me and my best friend. So he's basing all of his beliefs about anime on what he thinks cosplayers are like instead of what they're really like. I mean yes, he did teach in a high school for a while so he might've run across some other anime fans. BUT, that school has always been full of some really troublesome types of people.
__________________
Current Cosplay Projects ~
Katara - Painted Lady (A:TLAB) - 10%
Sakura - Artbook (CCS) - 5%
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD


Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)


Last edited by kitsuneheart : 12-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.
kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #55983
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,828
Finished watching Peacemaker Kurogane today.. now I want to cosplay someone from it... here we go again. xD I can't watch a new anime without wanting to cosplay from it.. the curse of a cosplayer ~
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #55984
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
I agree. I love her red brown hair. LOL <3 Can't wait to cosplay as Cater. Hahaha, I have that happen to me all the time. When I try to gather a cosplay group together for a con, it doesn't really work out. LOL Going solo is all good too though.
Yeah, that tends to happen to me too sometimes. Only we never end up doing the group cosplays we planned on doing in the first place, as in none of us cosplay from it. XD Although I really have to cosplay Seven, for myself. XD And now I wish that I had picked up a whip after Halloween to use as a base to make hers. >_< I have some green styofoam lying around that I could use to make the weird...things she has on her whip.


So I realized the Christmas present I ordered for my sister will be messing with my cosplay schedule. I'm getting her a Candy plushie from Suite Precure. Which means I could cosplay one of the girls and I will have an awesome prop. >_>
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #55985
Akahime
Red Princess
 
Akahime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yeah, that tends to happen to me too sometimes. Only we never end up doing the group cosplays we planned on doing in the first place, as in none of us cosplay from it. XD Although I really have to cosplay Seven, for myself. XD And now I wish that I had picked up a whip after Halloween to use as a base to make hers. >_< I have some green styofoam lying around that I could use to make the weird...things she has on her whip.
I just don't have cosplay groups or partners. At least not consistent ones where I know he or she will totally cosplay the same series I do at least once per con we go to. LOL Oh well. Yesss! Cosplay Seven! <3 She's soooo cool. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
^^' I wish I could. I tried every example I could think of but he just wouldn't budge. (Guess I know where I get my hard-headedness from. >,<) I even brought my brother's model-planes into the converstation. Which ended up in him joking about my bro going out to his next fly-in dressed as Amellia Airheart, and them both saying at least his hobby didn't include dressing up like weirdos. -_- But he still just thinks the majority of cosplayers, or anyone into any hobbie like it (even writers?!), are just trying to "role-play" because they aren't happy with their lives. I just can't get him to see that most cosplayers are actually the exact opposite. It's about the fun of making a cosplay and liking a character; not trying to pretend to be said character. Most cosplayers don't even act in-character unless it's to joke around with other fans of a series.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to. -sigh- I just wish he wouldn't be so sure about something without having any real experiance with it. He's never even been to a con with me and the only anime fans he knows are me and my best friend. So he's basing all of his beliefs about anime on what he thinks cosplayers are like instead of what they're really like. I mean yes, he did teach in a high school for a while so he might've run across some other anime fans. BUT, that school has always been full of some really troublesome types of people.
: / Oooh. That really sucks. Sometimes when it happens like that where you can't change their mind, I just pray that time will just make things better. And that time will make the person wiser. It doesn't apply to everyone, but it's good to hope that one day they will learn. Well, I just hope that you and your best friend will continue to set as good examples to him that one day he will change his mind and see how it all really is (and maybe, you'll never know, actually try to go to a con with you). And it's true, not all cosplayers cosplay in-character. I mean, I know I can't. LOL Only in photos (and even then I have so many derpy pictures anyways, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Well last con friends just ended up not being able to go the day before. I got a message literally at around 11pm while I was Black Friday shopping :/ We weren't planning on doing anything like a skit or anything though but still sucked that I thought they were going. Lol, they didn't miss much since the con pretty much sucked anyways XD

Technically for this variety show thing if I end up going, I'm sure I could still recruit some random people...
D: Ahh, I see. Sucks really still. Hahaha, even when a con sucks, I think having friend or people to enjoy the boring times with you makes it much better. :3 Oh well, hopefully next time it'll work out or something.

Hahaha. What's this variety show exactly about? 8D It'll happen at the con, right? I never seen or heard about that before. Maybe I'll look it up on youtube to see if there are any recorded clips or something. You should post and let us know how that went because I'm very curious now!! <3
__________________
my upcoming 2014/2015 Cosplays
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat?, Monster Hunter?, Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth

Next cons: Anime LA, Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #55986
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer
 
Marbleyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 518
I just got news that my family and I might be moving out of state which is pretty crazy. The first thing that came to mind was, "What conventions are around?!"

I'd be a lot happier if my parents chose to move to Ohio instead of New Mexico. So many epic cons there.

But this news almost puts a damper on my plan with my friend. We planned to do a cosplay skit for a masquerade as Kaname and Sousuke and we're not sure when I'm moving so it's all up in the air.
__________________
[size="1"]Future Cosplays
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena [Complete]
Hannah Anafeloz from Black Butler [Complete]
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #55987
kitsuneheart
Registered User
 
kitsuneheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post

: / Oooh. That really sucks. Sometimes when it happens like that where you can't change their mind, I just pray that time will just make things better. And that time will make the person wiser. It doesn't apply to everyone, but it's good to hope that one day they will learn. Well, I just hope that you and your best friend will continue to set as good examples to him that one day he will change his mind and see how it all really is (and maybe, you'll never know, actually try to go to a con with you). And it's true, not all cosplayers cosplay in-character. I mean, I know I can't. LOL Only in photos (and even then I have so many derpy pictures anyways, lol).
Thanks, maybe he'll change his mind one of these days. At least he doesn't think all cosplayers are like that. So I guess that's better than him grouping everyone together. ^^ lol The only reason I can somewhat get into character is because I tend to pick characters that have a similar personality to my own. (i.e. tsunderes or characters with violent streaks/tempers like Hungary, Leena Toros or Ayuzawa Misaki. ^^')

On a brighter note, I should be able to finish Zelda's skirt later tonight. Even better, it turns out my momma has this eyelet setter that also sets snaps; which means no buying an semi-expensive snap setter for me!
__________________
Current Cosplay Projects ~
Katara - Painted Lady (A:TLAB) - 10%
Sakura - Artbook (CCS) - 5%
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD


Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #55988
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post

Hahaha. What's this variety show exactly about? 8D It'll happen at the con, right? I never seen or heard about that before. Maybe I'll look it up on youtube to see if there are any recorded clips or something. You should post and let us know how that went because I'm very curious now!! <3
Lol, I couldn't find much on youtube :/ I think it's just do something and maybe you get judged on it? It could be a mini skit or dance or something. Then again I'm just assuming XD If I do go and enter, I will totally post what it was like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I just got news that my family and I might be moving out of state which is pretty crazy. The first thing that came to mind was, "What conventions are around?!"

I'd be a lot happier if my parents chose to move to Ohio instead of New Mexico. So many epic cons there.

But this news almost puts a damper on my plan with my friend. We planned to do a cosplay skit for a masquerade as Kaname and Sousuke and we're not sure when I'm moving so it's all up in the air.
I'm sorry to hear that Do you know if you'll be moving for sure?
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #55989
Akahime
Red Princess
 
Akahime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
Thanks, maybe he'll change his mind one of these days. At least he doesn't think all cosplayers are like that. So I guess that's better than him grouping everyone together. ^^ lol The only reason I can somewhat get into character is because I tend to pick characters that have a similar personality to my own. (i.e. tsunderes or characters with violent streaks/tempers like Hungary, Leena Toros or Ayuzawa Misaki. ^^')
You're welcome. We're basically in the same boat and I also wish my parents also understood about my hobby. Oh well. Sometimes in life, you can't win everything. Hahahaha, it's hard to find characters similar to my personality. LOL I tend to be all over the place. LOL I just cosplay my most liked/favorite characters. 8D LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Lol, I couldn't find much on youtube :/ I think it's just do something and maybe you get judged on it? It could be a mini skit or dance or something. Then again I'm just assuming XD If I do go and enter, I will totally post what it was like!
lol Yeppppp. Pretty much same results. I see. That sounds interesting/fun either way. Hahaha, definitely if you do go and post about it! <3
__________________
my upcoming 2014/2015 Cosplays
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat?, Monster Hunter?, Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth

Next cons: Anime LA, Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #55990
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer
 
Marbleyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 518
I probably won't be moving until the spring, sometime in March.

I will still be in this state currently which is a major bonus. I'll just flying out all the time back and forth during breaks. I have so much going for me at this University.

I think my friend bought my Kaname Chidori wig for me for Christmas. I am so excited.

If I move to Ohio, I plan on having a get together at Ohayo-con or Colossal Con.
__________________
[size="1"]Future Cosplays
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena [Complete]
Hannah Anafeloz from Black Butler [Complete]
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #55991
kitsuneheart
Registered User
 
kitsuneheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
You're welcome. We're basically in the same boat and I also wish my parents also understood about my hobby. Oh well. Sometimes in life, you can't win everything. Hahahaha, it's hard to find characters similar to my personality. LOL I tend to be all over the place. LOL I just cosplay my most liked/favorite characters. 8D LOL
True. and lol, that's what my normal wardrobe is like. I go from neon hoodies to flouncy peasant tops to tye-dye. BTW, I LOVE your Gumi cosplay!

Finally finished Zelda's skirt! I can't believe how deceptively easy that thing looked. I thought it would take 3-4 hours tops; it took me about 8-9, possibly 10. O_o But at least it's done now~ I'm thinking I'm going to work on the bodice or apron next. If I can stop planning/shopping for Leena that is. X3
__________________
Current Cosplay Projects ~
Katara - Painted Lady (A:TLAB) - 10%
Sakura - Artbook (CCS) - 5%
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD


Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)


Last edited by kitsuneheart : 12-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.
kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #55992
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
I just don't have cosplay groups or partners. At least not consistent ones where I know he or she will totally cosplay the same series I do at least once per con we go to. LOL Oh well. Yesss! Cosplay Seven! <3 She's soooo cool. LMAO
Yes, I know she is. <3 From what I know of her anyway. Sadly, I'm already thinking of ways I can make a poseable whip because making a plain boring, lying on ground one is blah.
And I could probably thrift her jacket like I did for Fate/Extra's heroine. And I already have a skirt... Look at what you've done. XD Now I'm planning this.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #55993
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy
 
Yet Another's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 570
In love with the color of the swatch i got, but $9 a yard is a bit too expensive...and then I found a $5/yd twill that ~might~ work....but I'm not sure about the shade of green. Will probs confuse the ehck out of Hancock/JoAnn/Fabric Mill employees next week.

Meanwhile, my Hero's Bow is slowly coming along. Need more foam for the shield, and wire/felt for the quiver. And then to confuse my dad's favorite leather worker friend about scraps for the belts.

Goodness. I should probs start on Jem soon....
__________________


Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #55994
Curucar
 
Posts: n/a
>_* Curse my long skinny arms. Sewing scalemaille to non-stretchy sleeves is a pain in the ass-- there's just not room for two hands inside the sleeve.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #55995
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Friend invited me to some type of cosplay dance thing and wasn't even considering it, until I heard talk about the songs they'll be playing. Gangnam Style is on it...the temptation!!!!! XD

Lol, according to the person running the thing, the songs are mostly "white people dance songs". That's totally my type of music XD Might see if anyone is up for checking it out...

Last edited by dx7879 : 12-04-2012 at 08:47 PM.
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.