Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #56116
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I only have two photos as Aya Hoshino. My hair was all wrong and then I was freaking out that weekend because I was on limited funds not that I spent much at the convention anyway.

My friend made an amazing Rei. I am not sure what I am going to do with this cosplay yet. It might be retired until I can fix my hair or until I can get a wig for it.

Aya and Rei?

So far for next year, I'll be able to be Kaname which I am beyond excited about. I'm just waiting on January to get here so I can pay my commissioner for the uniform. I am penny pinching like crazy.

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #56117
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I really should stop lazing around and update my dang cosplay profile here with my latest works.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #56118
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicjordypants View Post
My guy friend and I want to go as Link and Zelda from Twilight Princess to a convention sometime soon.
The only problem is that we have no idea how to go about the costumes. I've only ever cosplayed once, and I cheated and bought my costume. My question is, "Is it even a good idea to look into buying Link and Zelda costumes, or does everyone think it's a bad idea?" Price isn't in the picture right now, I'm just looking for quality. I can't sew very well at all. I've only ever done crafts in home-ec, so I would have NO idea where to even begin with the costumes if I were to make them. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
There is no such thing as cheating in cosplay unless it's for a masquerade. Feel free to buy your costume and wear it in the hallways!
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #56119
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Next time, Spoonflower. The acetone transfer only worked so-so, and so I'm going over the entire pattern with fabric marker, and ... blergh. (Also, next time less procrastinating. It seems like I can't work on anything unless it's the 11th hour. >_> )
But this hoodie will be awesome and my sister will be the envy of all the Japanese fangirls at the next concert she goes to, gosh darn it. *determined face*
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #56120
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

My Peta wig came in today, and while I'm a little annoyed that it got here from China faster than my Lui wig got here from california, it's perfect. I actually managed to find a dark blonde wig with a green tint and it's actually the right color in person. I'm amazed but very happy ^^ It just needs a little straightening but it'll work perfectly for Peta

Edit: I have a picture, it should be at the top of the page: http://quinn-the-spazz.tumblr.com/
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Nao Midorikawa-Smile Precure, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,

Last edited by Quinn the Shiki : 12-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #56121
Mr Zero

Friends mentioned to me about a con in December but not sure about it. Its pretty far, and is a new con I believe. Not sure if it would be worth the cost of the hotel room even though i would split the cost with 4 other people. It would give me a chance to test my cosplay before Anime Milwaukee though
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #56122
Akahime
Red Princess

OMG. I'm so jelly. So my big sister is in South Korea right now working. And her and a bunch of her friends are going to Seoul Comic World. SO basically just another con filled with amazing cosplayers I am assuming?! D8 I WANNA GOOOOOO. (but only end up costing so much anyways, sooo it's okay I suppose, lol)

[edit]
hmmm, so this happens every month in Seoul. LMAO Didn't know that.

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!

Last edited by Akahime : 12-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #56123
usuyukisou

^ There are some fantastic Korean cosplayers I'd like to meet... I guess if I ever visit Seoul, I'll try to keep that in mind and take a peek.

I'm getting a Cheese-kun plush. This, despite just having bought a wig for Euphemia... I'm so ADD... orz
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #56124
Akahime
Red Princess

^ I'm glad I helped with something! Haha. I do want to experience a con internationally at least once somewhere else. It would be an interesting, and obviously fun, experience!

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #56125
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I don't even know why I'm thinking about this...but I'm trying to figure out which one of my cosplays I could use for a snowy type shoot. Cause I really want to do one if it ends up snowing over winter break. The question is...who. I guess my Sawsbuck gijinka would be the obvious choice but for some reason my brain is telling me to cosplay Inukashi. Uh what. I'm going to die in the cold, brain. >_< Or I could just throw together a Girl from the Illusion World cosplay. Even without Garbage Doll...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #56126
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

Looks like I'll have to make the ab pad for my Colonial marine cosplay
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #56127
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I really hope it snows here soon. For some reason, I've been desperately wanting pictures of Jizabel in the snow since last christmas, and by the time I would get my cosplay on, it'd stop or melt DX

Damn global warming and bipolar december.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Nao Midorikawa-Smile Precure, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #56128
Shana05
Survivor

I'm on a Disney kick right now and it makes me want to do another Disney cosplay. I've done Merida and I can still add to that but I'm wanting to do something else and I have no idea what.

ACEN 2016: lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #56129
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Ordered more seymour fabric!~ Now I just need the trim, lining, and interfacing. Because I totally forgot the interfacing. I think I'm going to make my own bias tape for this because of how big the trim is though...should be interesting.

I want to work on the wig now though...but I have finals. >.> Universe, why you conspire against me!?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #56130
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

23 more days till ALA and I still have to finish Sailor Mercury! :O and I just started watching Smile Precure and I love it! I think I will cosplay as Cure Peace! xD If I can't buy Candy then I'll make it!

W.I.P:
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon 41%

2016 Cosplans
Cinderella (Brandy version)
Steampunk!Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Snow White - Designer Doll
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote