Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #56116
Mr Zero

Been really busy with work due to the holidays but hyped for Anime Milwaukee! Debuting a new cosplay there
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #56117
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Well first off I figured out how to tackle a dominator from Psycho Pass. I guess I'm going to taking a trip to the thrift store this weekend after all in order to see if I can find a toy gun to use as a base.

Also, I got proposed to on DA. Ummmm yeah. Not really how to feel about that. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #56118
LeekFish
Clow Reader

My Gala Pinkie won the Judges' Award in Sac-Con's cosplay contest! That was my first convention contest, so I'm pretty excited. The judges complimented my ambition for tackling a difficult costume for my first time sewing one as well as my attention to detail. It was also kind of hilarious (although maybe a smidge embarrassing but I'm typically one to be nervous/flustered on stage) that I had my own brony cheering section. xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #56119
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Decided to make my monthly futile attempt to find a wig for Gin. His hair is a weird color that's halfway between brown and grey that wigs simply don't come in, and it's maddening.

Of course, for the first time, I find one that's a dark blondeish-brown that maybe with a little sharpie dying could work, and the listing ends in 6 days. I just ordered my Lui and Peta wigs and I'm getting Isaak for christmas so there's no way I could get it now DX

Why universe why? DX
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #56120
Curucar

RIP, Cosmo cosplay. Your shirt has been chopped up and used for pant pockets. I was happy with Philip and the wand with that costume, but that's really it. Stupid floofy wig.
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #56121
Zaiten

Oh man, totally found that there's a Hanock Fabrics near me, which I never knew about. It's only 20 - 30 minutes away compared to Joann's full hour. Plus their selection is twice as better! I found a pattern I needed, some dark red lining, AND some $.75 scraps I can turn into gloves!

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #56122
Chimera~Moon

I have one more costume to finish by January. I only have 4 free days to actually sew though... Good thing I wasn't planning on studying for finals. Highschool is great.
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #56123
Lydialulu
lydialulu

Is this fabric too dark for passable accuracy T,T

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #56124
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My friend wants me to cosplay Kuroko no basketball... which is great and all but I've played Basketball for almost half of my life. I can do the poses and everything.... but picking who to cosplay will be a pain because of my past with basketball. I can't be Kagami because I'm not a power forward. Can't be Kuroko because thats the total opposite of my playing. I'm a center and 7 years later its still in my brain that I can't play any other position in basketball.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #56125
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Back to real work, and it's going to be a nightmarish week at that (procrastinating the hell out of a major presentation right now). But by the weekend the quarter will be over, my work/stress level will be significantly decreased, and all of the materials for Soubi and Seimei will have arrived. Yay.
Cosplay work weekend annnnnnnd take...two!
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #56126
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I only have two photos as Aya Hoshino. My hair was all wrong and then I was freaking out that weekend because I was on limited funds not that I spent much at the convention anyway.

My friend made an amazing Rei. I am not sure what I am going to do with this cosplay yet. It might be retired until I can fix my hair or until I can get a wig for it.

Aya and Rei?

So far for next year, I'll be able to be Kaname which I am beyond excited about. I'm just waiting on January to get here so I can pay my commissioner for the uniform. I am penny pinching like crazy.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #56127
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I really should stop lazing around and update my dang cosplay profile here with my latest works.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #56128
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicjordypants View Post
My guy friend and I want to go as Link and Zelda from Twilight Princess to a convention sometime soon.
The only problem is that we have no idea how to go about the costumes. I've only ever cosplayed once, and I cheated and bought my costume. My question is, "Is it even a good idea to look into buying Link and Zelda costumes, or does everyone think it's a bad idea?" Price isn't in the picture right now, I'm just looking for quality. I can't sew very well at all. I've only ever done crafts in home-ec, so I would have NO idea where to even begin with the costumes if I were to make them. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
There is no such thing as cheating in cosplay unless it's for a masquerade. Feel free to buy your costume and wear it in the hallways!
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #56129
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Next time, Spoonflower. The acetone transfer only worked so-so, and so I'm going over the entire pattern with fabric marker, and ... blergh. (Also, next time less procrastinating. It seems like I can't work on anything unless it's the 11th hour. >_> )
But this hoodie will be awesome and my sister will be the envy of all the Japanese fangirls at the next concert she goes to, gosh darn it. *determined face*
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #56130
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My Peta wig came in today, and while I'm a little annoyed that it got here from China faster than my Lui wig got here from california, it's perfect. I actually managed to find a dark blonde wig with a green tint and it's actually the right color in person. I'm amazed but very happy ^^ It just needs a little straightening but it'll work perfectly for Peta

Edit: I have a picture, it should be at the top of the page: http://quinn-the-spazz.tumblr.com/
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 12-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote