Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1126 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #56371
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

So my friends and I are having a christmas/New Years cosplay party next week. I was planning on cosplaying Sakyo from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Tried pinning back the bangs on my friend’s wig…it looked really terrible XD So Sakyo will be wearing a santa hat through the whole party.

Also, Holy crow I think I may have found a Gin wig! (at least a temporary one!) This is kind of a miracle!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 12-26-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #56372
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Finally back home from Disneyworld. Which means I'm free to now work on cosplay among other things. So much to get done in the month I have...

I know I need to start with Saber's sword and work from there. And I need to figure out if I'm going to cosplay Siren from Suite Precure or not. With I-con canceled I'm going to have less cons for newer cosplays. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 12-26-2012 at 09:07 PM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #56373
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

one of my wigs is in MichiganXDD So excited, should be here friday or saturday maybe.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #56374
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

I'm starting to get over my cold.
Perhaps tomorrow, I will go to Wal-mart and buy a roll of Blue foam and start making that Ab pad for my Colonial marine cosplay
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #56375
jukebox
role models > supermodels

My parents got me the Katy Perry movie for Christmas (I REGRET NOTHING) and it gave me a lot of feels. Mostly related to costumes and make-up. As I suspected, it jump-started my urge to recreate a bunch of her outfits from her tour and her music videos. It's honestly really temping to just make doing a bunch of her outfits my ongoing "when in doubt" plans. I get told often enough that I look like her anyways.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #56376
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

So this is the only week I get off from college cuz my school is gay, I had decided I would devote everyday (except xmas) to costumes, I did the first day, which was awesome, then xmas I spent with the bf, and today ... well I woke up with a migraine, so I went back to bed, then woke up again ... sick T_T I don't feel like doing anything much less moving at all, and I'm having to force myself to drink this soup I made just because I need to eat something ... I'm REALLY hoping this is just like a 24 hour thing, and it'll be gone by the time I wake up tomorrow, cuz I don't want my entire 'winter break' being wasted cuz I was sick for all of it ... someone give me a magical pill that'll make it all better XD

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #56377
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Someone might go as Flippy from Happy Tree Friends to ALA! I should totally finish Flaky!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #56378
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have a problem. A very shiny, sparkly problem.
I just spent the past hour and a half playing with rhinestones for Ahiru's Rose Adagio tutu.
I just did a few calculations and I'm hoping that the remainder of the rhinestones I need to buy are going to cost less than $100. ......as far as I've calculated, it's only going to be slightly less. But then you add shipping. :|

Not that I really have a problem with doing so, it's just that I should be making the hat and 3 Tardis plushies that I'm giving to my friends Friday afternoon. I'm being productive...in a roundabout way.
I have a day and a half...>.>

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #56379
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Gonna order a wig for one of my friends tonight. He's really excited to get it, I can tell.
I might be going to this cosplay flash party on Friday. Cosplayers and photographers alike, getting together and taking photos, posing, hanging out, networking, etc.
I'm mainly going for the opportunities to photograph. But I might cosplay as well.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #56380
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I swear, the more Sailor Moon I watch, the more I want to dress my older cousin up as Queen Beryl. My cousin has a presence about her that says "I can be a queen and a badass one at that" (and that my just come from the fact that she said she wants to be Regina from Once Upon a Time for Halloween) and I kind of really want to dress her up like Queen Beryl and bring her to a convention with me when my best friend and I cosplay Zoisite and Kunzite.

...She even said she wants to go to Otakon!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #56381
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I was feeling crappy so I didn't feel like work on my cosplay...then I played FFXIII-2 and procrastinated even more. (lol I just got the game for christmas with my giftcard...even though its been out for a while. >.> cosplay is expensive so I haven't been able to afford it.)

Pretty sure my summer is going to be spent making Lightning's FFXIII outfit now ^^;

Edit:

CRAPPP!!!! My Seymour fabric is to light for him, so I need to go dye it since all of it cost over a 100$ and since I bought it online I can't got and get a different shade.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 12-27-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #56382
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Wig is coming todayXD i'm so excited.

on a different note does it seem weird for progress shots to take pictures of the patterns you use and the material you choose so that others if curious or also in need of ideas can see?

I've got some material for the princess and been thinking of posting images of progress and etc.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #56383
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Picked up some LEDs for Luigi's Poltergust, but I need to hit up Radio Shack for some specific pieces tomorrow. In the meantime I can get the hand tool finished up.

Also somehow found myself dying another 45 yards of cotton bandages yesterday for Soubi's shirt. I haven't decided if I regret that or not yet. I made the damn thing too long though, so now I need to do a proper fitting with binding. Bah.

And finally, particularly pleased that the last items for Loveless came yesterday. They were scheduled to arrive the first day of the con, so I was stressed about that.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #56384
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
on a different note does it seem weird for progress shots to take pictures of the patterns you use and the material you choose so that others if curious or also in need of ideas can see?

I've got some material for the princess and been thinking of posting images of progress and etc.
I don't think it's weird. It would be cool to have a 'post your WIPs' thread.

On another note, my sewing machine has gone MIA in the holiday shuffle, so there's going to be a search and rescue operation starting...as soon as I'm done playing with wigs.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #56385
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post

Yay!

As for me I'll be making Flaky's dandruff out of craft foam to put on my red wig!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote