Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 923 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #56416
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Grrrr... Darn you Spoonflower! Just when I'm ready to go ahead and dye some fabrics for my umbrella, some genius on Spoonflower goes and makes more of Six's coat's fabrics. Once the tax return arrives it looks like I'll be ordering a yard each of two of them. Might as well make the umbrella as close to the coat as possible.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #56417
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Had a fun little photoshoot for the Girl from the Vocaloid song "Sayoko". It's been a while since my last shoot and I forgot how much fun they were. XD Need to get some shots for Morgiana at some point soon too. After I iron the cosplay...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #56418
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Getting overwhelmed with everything I need to do and buy and such, and my next con isn't even until June!
I've a hundred extra dollars and I kind of want to use it on other things, but then I remember that I need to buy a new chest binder, which will likely be around 50 after shipping taxes.
But...If I can find a website to sell my old binder then I can hope to cover the cost of it, hopefully.
And I need to find my two extra wigs, I hope one of them sells for enough to cover Ritsuka's ears and maybe I can get enough off the other one to, to...Hopefully cover my thrifting expenses or the supplies I need to make my faucet pipe.
I have about four months and I'm already all stressed out, I'd hate to see how bad it's going to get when I have even less time. Hopefully though, once I get everything together and sorted out, I won't need to actually buy anything cosplay related for the year. My upcoming cons are all too close together for me to afford more cosplay, it's going to be tight enough to come up with hotel and con money.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #56419
Ai no Miko
Shounen ai no kyoshinsha

I desperately want to put on my Soushi Minashiro cosplay again and just go flouncing around. If I do decide to go to Anime Detour in April it almost feels like I am going to have to force myself into my Sebastian Michaelis cosplay so I can get justifiable use out of it. I've been on such a Fafner kick XD
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #56420
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
Getting overwhelmed with everything I need to do and buy and such, and my next con isn't even until June!

And I need to find my two extra wigs, I hope one of them sells for enough to cover Ritsuka's ears and maybe I can get enough off the other one to, to...Hopefully cover my thrifting expenses or the supplies I need to make my faucet pipe.
Hey, I got my ears for Ritsuka on Ebay for about 10 dollars and they are extremely nifty. They're clip ins. So if you have 10 dollars to spare, they're well worth the cost. I just did Ritsuka myself.

I don't think I've ever had my dad so excited over a wig as he is over my new Luthien from Arda. He loves my blue wig and thinks it's really pretty.

I got the okay from my parents to get hotel room with friends for Anime Midwest so that's all set and done.

I'm waiting on my refund check so I can pay my commissioner for Kaname and then I'm pretty much all set to go for next year.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #56421
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Got the fabric to make my Twilight Sparkle skirt! And I've still got money left on the gift certificate. Also picked up a $4 Vogue pattern for this AMAZING looking dress I'm dying to try making. Patteern's brand new, too. Usually they cost $30.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #56422
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I'm fairly frustrated, where the heck is my stuff!? I must look like a deranged person bugging my mail lady over my packages...

Stuff I'm waiting for: 5 wigs, 3 cosplays, and a pair of cosplay glasses. The glasses where suppost to be here weeks ago and the wigs should have been here today.

I think I hate holiday mail traffic...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #56423
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Time to make progress for the first time in months. One issue... it's been so long I forget the proportions. Time to study references again. xD

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #56424
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Picked up a pinstripe suit for Mafia Bros Luigi! Ahhhhhh, I love suits so much.

I have three costumes to test run tonight. Yay!

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #56425
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

So I started on my Derpy Wings today. The proximal and distil feathers came out great, but I wasn't happy with the interior feathers. They were done so badly, I really couldn't fix them, so I scrapped them and I have to get more felt tomorrow. -w- On the bright side, I'll hopefully be getting her hat tomorrow too - and with that, the cosplay will be more or less complete since all materials will have been gathered. So yaaay~

... But I still need to find shoes for Rarity... Darnit...
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #56426
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh, my wallet. I just spent $150 on the electronics for Quorra (7 metres of LED flexi-strips, 2 battery packs, an arduino mini, a transistor and half a dozen connection bridges). BEFORE shipping costs and the batteries. X_X ....and that wasn't even the entire cost. Boyfriend agreed to pay the extra, which added up to another $20 on his end along with batteries and shipping.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #56427
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

ARGH! Why did I just remember about a cosplay skating event the night before?! And why does it have to snow that day?! ARGH!

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #56428
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

Was at a local art store today to pick up a last minute gift and saw my favourite brand of spray paint (which is usually somewhat expensive) was 40% off.

Going back tomorrow to buy most of the colors my boyfriend and I will need for props/armor cosplays this year! Plus we're gonna start planning for his Skarner (from LoL) cosplay yeee.
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #56429
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Did a test run for Soubi. I look better as him than I thought I would. Yay ~

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #56430
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Making a list of things to bring to ALA. I've never gone to a con that's far away from home so I just really hope I don't forget anything O.O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote