Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #56431
SA2R
King of the Skies

Finally finished cutting, and shaving down my Kirito sword. I just need to figure out what is the best thing to cover it with O:

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6

My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #56432
BassriffStudios

Currently working on a Legend of Zelda cosplay as kid Link from Ocarina of Time. Boots on ebay are crazy expensive, and my one trusty prop; making the Deku shield. I'm really excited to put this thing together and this will become my first handmade project.
Unread 12-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #56433
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I feel beyond stupid now for not buying the shoes that would've been perfect for Kaname when I had the chance on Ebay two months ago before I had officially decided on her! -.- I'm now hunting for her shoes....again.

I've decided to hold off styling my wig until I got back to my dorm room in a week. My parents are avid smokers and so I am keeping my wig shut and sealed so that it's good to go when I attempt to style it.

Hurry up January and get here so I can go back to focusing fully on my cosplays! I need something good!

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #56434
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I think I finally have found a pattern for Yusuke's pants~ I believe I can add the cuffs to the bottoms too.
Still questioning the right base wig for Yusuke. I don't want it to be too long in the back. Hmm.....
Unread 12-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #56435
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Oh cosplay... you get me so hyped up, that I actually enjoy reading through costume contest rules. D:
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #56436
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I finally went to attach the pommel to the sword hilt and that took way more work than it should have. -_- I tried using gorilla glue at least 3-4 times and then tried a mixture of gorilla and hot glue and now I'm at hot glue. It's been staying for now but I am worried about the glue melting during the con if it is really hot. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #56437
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
My friend invited me over to her house today to watch Sailor Moon movies on one condition: I come dressed as Tuxedo Mask.

I did (much to my father’s dismay of me leaving the house in a cape, bowtie and mask,) and the first thing she said when she opened the door was “Mom! Tuxedo Mask is here! And he brought roses!” and both her mom and grandma were gushing over how nice my cape was.

...I love my cape X)
PICTURES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That's awesome! I just reached the part where you are first introduced to her and I love her personality too. Yeah, if only we were in the same area. It would be awesome to get pictures. At least we can be a group in spirit? XD
I know right? There's just something about her that I can't get over, lol. The only thing I'm not looking forward to on making her outfit is her hair ... I look horrid with short hair, and all those spikes are not going to be fun to do, lolol.
Yes, in spirit <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I feel beyond stupid now for not buying the shoes that would've been perfect for Kaname when I had the chance on Ebay two months ago before I had officially decided on her! -.- I'm now hunting for her shoes....again.
Oh god, I feel your pain, I've done that with almost every costume I've made T_T ... I blame my addiction to shoes, lol.

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #56438
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
PICTURES!!!

Unfortunately we didn't get any since my mask kept falling off XP But my friends and I are having a cosplay New year's eve party tomorrow and i was going to wear it again. There will definitely be pictures then though.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #56439
PSY-chan
Human Bubblewrap

After several lazy days, whilst battling a cold, I am trying to finish some more work for Mokona. Right now, hopefully the top, ears, and mittens will be finished at the end of the day...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #56440
CrossedCrowns

I just ordered a new petticoat, because my old hoop thing is falling apart.

Let me tell ya, putting that old hoop to rest...It isn't going to be easy. xD
CrossedCrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #56441
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I've decided I need a really sexy cosplay eventually. So I've decided to add Zafina from Tekken 6 to my cosplay list.

So now I'm hunting for Kaname Shoes and white hooker boots that I can modify black roses onto.

My sister honestly pisses me off with her death glares when I talk about cosplaying. My sister and I are 9 years apart, she's older than me but I think she has major growing up to do. Dx

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #56442
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

We managed to assemble a pepakura team and nearly got a complete Halo Reach Vest done in just 2 days...And we can't stop working. >_<
Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #56443
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Had a dream I was at a single day con, in which my expensive Ciel cosplay went totally missing and I ended up cosplaying as Russia instead. For some reason my Russia boots were heels instead though and everything kept going wrong.
Apparently stressing over cosplay related things gives you anxiety related cosplay dreams, which aren't as pleasant as normal cosplay dreams are.
In other news, ordered cosplay binder today, hoping to order my contacts and possibly a pair of boots next week. Excited to finally be ordering things, makes me a lot less stressed over getting everything together in time.--Considering most of what I need will take a literal month of shipping.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #56444
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Hmmm... so I have a question for folks.

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #56445
kitsuneheart

I finally managed to make some more real progress on my Spirit!Zelda cosplay. I finished sketching the apron design and finished all but the painting on her armor piece. Take that cold bug that doesn't want me to work on cosplays!

Also, my little cosplay group finally has a complete Alice in Musicland cast!
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote