Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1096 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #56446
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Oh cosplay... you get me so hyped up, that I actually enjoy reading through costume contest rules. D:
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #56447
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So I finally went to attach the pommel to the sword hilt and that took way more work than it should have. -_- I tried using gorilla glue at least 3-4 times and then tried a mixture of gorilla and hot glue and now I'm at hot glue. It's been staying for now but I am worried about the glue melting during the con if it is really hot. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #56448
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
My friend invited me over to her house today to watch Sailor Moon movies on one condition: I come dressed as Tuxedo Mask.

I did (much to my father’s dismay of me leaving the house in a cape, bowtie and mask,) and the first thing she said when she opened the door was “Mom! Tuxedo Mask is here! And he brought roses!” and both her mom and grandma were gushing over how nice my cape was.

...I love my cape X)
PICTURES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That's awesome! I just reached the part where you are first introduced to her and I love her personality too. Yeah, if only we were in the same area. It would be awesome to get pictures. At least we can be a group in spirit? XD
I know right? There's just something about her that I can't get over, lol. The only thing I'm not looking forward to on making her outfit is her hair ... I look horrid with short hair, and all those spikes are not going to be fun to do, lolol.
Yes, in spirit <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I feel beyond stupid now for not buying the shoes that would've been perfect for Kaname when I had the chance on Ebay two months ago before I had officially decided on her! -.- I'm now hunting for her shoes....again.
Oh god, I feel your pain, I've done that with almost every costume I've made T_T ... I blame my addiction to shoes, lol.

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #56449
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
PICTURES!!!

Unfortunately we didn't get any since my mask kept falling off XP But my friends and I are having a cosplay New year's eve party tomorrow and i was going to wear it again. There will definitely be pictures then though.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #56450
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

After several lazy days, whilst battling a cold, I am trying to finish some more work for Mokona. Right now, hopefully the top, ears, and mittens will be finished at the end of the day...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #56451
CrossedCrowns

I just ordered a new petticoat, because my old hoop thing is falling apart.

Let me tell ya, putting that old hoop to rest...It isn't going to be easy. xD
CrossedCrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #56452
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I've decided I need a really sexy cosplay eventually. So I've decided to add Zafina from Tekken 6 to my cosplay list.

So now I'm hunting for Kaname Shoes and white hooker boots that I can modify black roses onto.

My sister honestly pisses me off with her death glares when I talk about cosplaying. My sister and I are 9 years apart, she's older than me but I think she has major growing up to do. Dx
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #56453
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

We managed to assemble a pepakura team and nearly got a complete Halo Reach Vest done in just 2 days...And we can't stop working. >_<
Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #56454
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Had a dream I was at a single day con, in which my expensive Ciel cosplay went totally missing and I ended up cosplaying as Russia instead. For some reason my Russia boots were heels instead though and everything kept going wrong.
Apparently stressing over cosplay related things gives you anxiety related cosplay dreams, which aren't as pleasant as normal cosplay dreams are.
In other news, ordered cosplay binder today, hoping to order my contacts and possibly a pair of boots next week. Excited to finally be ordering things, makes me a lot less stressed over getting everything together in time.--Considering most of what I need will take a literal month of shipping.
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #56455
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Hmmm... so I have a question for folks.

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #56456
kitsuneheart

I finally managed to make some more real progress on my Spirit!Zelda cosplay. I finished sketching the apron design and finished all but the painting on her armor piece. Take that cold bug that doesn't want me to work on cosplays!

Also, my little cosplay group finally has a complete Alice in Musicland cast!
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #56457
kitsuneheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Hmmm... so I have a question for folks.

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?
I'd just try playing with the placement first. ^^
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #56458
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
I'd just try playing with the placement first. ^^
Well, that's how I know they look really weird on the cap. ^^; By the natural ears seems better, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to put them there or not... It all comes down to "Are pony ears necessary to make a pony cosplay?" I guess. :/ Especially since the way the hat fits on my head, my wig hair will move around so that my normal ears are visible - not that that really matters I suppose...

For the Future:
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #56459
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Wore my new cosplay boots all day today and they are super comfortable and don't hurt at all. I say they are convention ready!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #56460
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

So after my other friend mentioned that I should cosplay from Jackie Chan Adventures, I talked about it with another friend and he's down for it. He's willing to do Uncle from the show XD Still not sure I would go through with it and people may not recognize it, but it sure would be hilarious! Lol, I got the Asian thing down at least!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote