Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #56491
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post

@Touchmon: your Morgiana cosplay looks fantastic! You look just like her, too!
Aww thank you. ^_^

Plan for today-Finish Pascal's pouches. Or get everything done but the little gem things on it. As well as think of a backup plan on how to make the bigger orbs on her belt bags. My original plan, use Christmas ornaments is not going to work. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #56492
Ri-tan

As a Christmas present I got a promise of my own sewing machine. I didn't know they are that effing expensive, but I'm happy. I've been using mum's machine 'till now and it's all good, but mum thought I need my own one, since I start to be old enough to move out and it would be difficult to shuttle mum's one back and forth. And also when I have the sewing machine in my room, I can sew almost whenever I want!
Ri-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #56493
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri-tan View Post
As a Christmas present I got a promise of my own sewing machine. I didn't know they are that effing expensive, but I'm happy. I've been using mum's machine 'till now and it's all good, but mum thought I need my own one, since I start to be old enough to move out and it would be difficult to shuttle mum's one back and forth. And also when I have the sewing machine in my room, I can sew almost whenever I want!
Oooh that's awesome!! I hope you get your own sewing machine!
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #56494
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just don't buy the cheapo $200-or-less things from Walmart and the like. Shell out for a better model than they usually carry (for a first machine I suggest a vintage one, actually- they're usually very sturdy, easy to learn on and can be found cheap). Certainly avoid cheap Singers like the plague. Brother machines aren't bad, but they're really only good for learning on or light sewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #56495
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I know I'm raising my 3 year old niece well when we have this conversation:

Niece: "I want to be Princess Celeshta and you can be Princess Luna Moon."

Me: "Okay, we can do that for next Halloween."

Niece: "Why Halloween? I wanna be Celeshta now."

Oh, a little cosplayer in the making~ Talk about age reversal between Celestia and Luna, though. Not that I'm complaining. Luna is best pony. XD
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #56496
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So my wigs are 'out for delivery' this totally means I'm waiting outside for the postman... never mind the rain going on... (came inside for lunch...lol)

Also, placed the taobao order for my friends wigs, stockings, and my pair of earrings. Kinda pathetic but taobao is the only place I've found earrings that don't require percings that are those small wide hoop earings that you see men wear in quite a bit of animes...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #56497
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Lol. One time I was able to catch the mailman JUST as he brought my wig in and I was leaving for a couple days (Not the con, but I was spending a couple days away from home). Took him kind of by surprise as he came in while I'm carrying my suitcase downstairs, I went "Hey!!!!! Is there a package for me in there?!?!?!?" and waited for him to rifle through his bags to hand it to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #56498
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445882/

Finally got the Tuxedo Mask pictures from my cosplay new year's eve party up!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #56499
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445882/

Finally got the Tuxedo Mask pictures from my cosplay new year's eve party up!
You make a great Tuxedo Mask! ^_^

Got some more work done on Pascal. Really happy that she is coming together now and the motivation is returning in full swing. However I did run into a bit of a roadblock. The orbs on the pouches on her straps. My original plan was to use Styrofoam balls covered in clay and painted but I really don't like how it looks. >_< Need a backup...

Also need some sort of plan for the huge orbs on the packs on the belt. Blah. That's the only real thing holding me back to finishing her.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #56500
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
You make a great Tuxedo Mask! ^_^
Awww thank you! ^-^
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #56501
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Last night of freedom before I have to go back to school tomorrow, and I'm spending it sewing snaps. Oh boy 0.o
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #56502
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My wigs have come in!~ I love my Murasakibara wig, its so wonderful. ^^ Though, I'm still horrible at taking pictures of myself.

Thinking of getting a different wig for Dino... this one...kinda works? I think its a bit to short for what I need. Maybe I'll try selling it along with a few of my other wigs. >.> I don't have enough space for all 25 of them.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #56503
esclarmonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri-tan View Post
Ooooh, that's wonderful! I got mine as a family present this year so I can relate ^_^ a very basic Necchi, but very sturdy and with quite a bit of power (did a test with 3 layers of heavy jeans). They got it at discount price due to a minor cosmetic imperfection.

I'm going to bed quite happy because I went trough my patterns looking for something to work with and I found everything I need (with a few alterations of course).
esclarmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #56504
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

My wig came in, and so did my vinyl Derpy figurine. COMPARISON SHOTS MUST BE MADE (not that there's much to compare between a gijinka and actuial appearance in show). I already tested out the hat with my wig on. It's a bit more sung than I thought it would be, but not bad. Very warm, though. X.x

Whatever the case, the only thing I am missing for this cosplay are the shoes, and those are shipping - so it's like... done. YAY. X3
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #56505
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

I figured out that if you mix glue with a little water and paint that it works like just like PAX paint and it's not a total bitch to get off like PAX is. I know what I'm spending tonight doing!
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote