Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #56521
Morpher
The Archy Morpher

*head desk* Uh, thought I had a good idea going for Toothless's wings but, once again I'm completely unsure and am considering another wing idea/design......I'M NEVER GONNA GET THIS DONE IF I KEEP CHANGING MY MIND ON THOSE DARN WINGS!! D:
Juvia Lockser - (Fairy Tail) - Planned

Future Cosplay(s)
Leviathan - (FF9)
Hopeless Estheim - (Original Character)
Daniella - Haunting Ground
Morpher is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #56522
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Great....I think I lost one of my Sailor Mercury gloves...I hope I have enough fabric to make another. -__-

I was staring at my new short red wig thinking about what else I can use it for when I thought of an idea! How about Bowser from Super Mario! I can totally have my niece and nephew cosplay as the Mario brothers! My niece's very first crossplay? xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 01-02-2013 at 08:04 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #56523
Clementine
I do as I please.

I think I'm gonna go check the mail and see if my wig and/or body paint came in today. *crosses fingers*
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #56524
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So. Since I'm pushing Toshiya back another year, I'm planning on picking up GMG Erza as my major project for the year. Which means that my lineup for Sakura-Con looks, more or less in order of most important to least important, like this:

Homura
GMG Erza
White Atelier Pierrot Dress
Homura (School Uniform)
Starry Sky

I kiiiind of want to try and push for Student Council President Erza as well, since I had to bail on it last year, but I also know that I should stop biting off more than I can chew. .-.

85 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes, 26 seconds until the Party Starts!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #56525
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Starting on making up the patterns for Connor's bead work, and...arguably, the most time consuming one isn't even supposed to be beads. Upon closer inspection, it's woven but there is no possible way I'll be able to actually weave that pattern nicely. Hopefully doing it as bead work will suffice.
And started drafting up how exactly I'm going to make the arsenal of props I'll be needing for A-Kon. So far I have to make Russia's faucet pipe, Connor's bow, quiver&arrows and his tomahawk.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #56526
Clementine
I do as I please.

Checked the mail, wig and body paint still not here, bought stuff for backup body paint and am prepared to dye my hair and extensions black if need be.
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #56527
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Did more work on my Seymour wig, so far... it looks like how I wanted it? It's not quite sticking out the way it should but that can be fixed when my hands are up to it. (I got an oil burn from cooking dinner two days ago, so still kinda hurts.)

My progress went backwards for one cosplay though... My mom stole my Dino pants. *sweatdrop*

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #56528
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
My progress went backwards for one cosplay though... My mom stole my Dino pants. *sweatdrop*

Hahaha, this gave me a good laugh. xD

Time to work on my mask, the weather has been dreadful this past week so I'm going to try and do some light sanding inside. I don't want to.... but I'm running out of free time. >_<

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #56529
Ri-tan

Yeah, it's awesome~ And I was so surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Just don't buy the cheapo $200-or-less things from Walmart and the like. Shell out for a better model than they usually carry (for a first machine I suggest a vintage one, actually- they're usually very sturdy, easy to learn on and can be found cheap). Certainly avoid cheap Singers like the plague. Brother machines aren't bad, but they're really only good for learning on or light sewing.
I know. My mum says Pfaff is what she and her mum both had, so we might be checking out a few of those. (And I've been sewing on mum's for some years and I like it and am used to it.) Or maybe a Bernette. The plan is to buy a good basic machine that will last me a lifetime, hopefully.

@esclarmonde Yeah, I'm quite excited to get it! Yours sounds very nice. ^_^
Ri-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #56530
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri-tan View Post
I know. My mum says Pfaff is what she and her mum both had, so we might be checking out a few of those. (And I've been sewing on mum's for some years and I like it and am used to it.) Or maybe a Bernette. The plan is to buy a good basic machine that will last me a lifetime, hopefully.
I have a Pfaff! It's a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 that I bought last spring. Let me tell you, this machine is beautiful.

The sales lady I bought it from actually makes cosplay costumes for her daughter who goes to some of the same cons I do, and so she showed me all the relevant tricks that machine can do. She started off with test sewing through 6 or 8 layers of heavyweight denim and the machine didn't even bat an eye.

It's got a computerized panel where you input what stitch you want, how long you want the stitch, how wide the stitch should be, etc, and if you switch to a new stitch and tab over twice on the interface, there's a screen that tells you what that stitch is called, what it does, what it's most commonly used for, and/or what kind of fabric it's best used on!

The machine also has a speed control slidey-button, which means I can set the max speed to be super slow when I'm sewing super tiny and precise details. Or with slippery, fraying fabric. It also has a build in walking foot, which meant nothing to me until I used it.

It also weighs 18 pounds, which means it's not getting pushed around the table by me manhandling a whole costume under the needle. It also means I don't take it out of the sewing room because heavy. .-.

/excited ramble
Somehow I always sound like I'm selling products. I'm just really in love with my sewing machine, okay? .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #56531
Ri-tan

Well, that does sound like an awesome sewing machine. (lol especially the sewing through a lot of layers of fabric, because that definitely happens with cosplay.) Also wow, it tells you what the stitch is good for!
Hehe, don't worry, that was an useful ramble. ^_^
Ri-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #56532
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

At least it was helpful. xD;

My machine is so much more knowledgeable and sophisticated than I am... It's really great for learning on (even for someone who's been making costumes for nearly 10 years), mostly because of all the information it gives you.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #56533
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've got a Singer Merrit from 1987, here. It's not what I'd call fancy (everything's manually controlled and it doesn't have the quilting or embroidery extras), but it's tough as hell, and does all the basic stitches (straight, zigzags, blind hem, etc.and a friend of my Mom's showed me a trick to make thread bars). And it weighs at least fifteen pounds. It's not sliding around on the table, unlike every newer machine I've used. And I'll be in fashion school next year, so I get to experience industrials and sergers...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #56534
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

I am finally done sewing the bias tape around my bodice. That was, quite honestly one of the most painful experiences I have ever had in sewing. I now have an even greater appreciation for my preferred RenFest garb seamstress, who finishes everything with custom bias tape.

Because the six layers of fabric were too thick for my sewing machine, and the boning in the bodice made it impossible to fit around and through the machine, I had to hand stitch it. If there is some super secret corset maker's trick that I missed, I'm going to feel really stupid.

Now that its all held together, I'm finally putting the grommets into the back of the bodice, which means I can finally try this thing on. Yes, that's right, I have embroidered, assembled, and hand stitched this whole thing together without really getting to try it on properly, because the grommets weren't supposed to go in until the nearly last step. I've held it up to me, pinned it to my dress form, all that, but I've never seen it fully laced up.

Wish me luck... I should have the grommets in the rest of the way tomorrow night. If it doesn't fit... I'm going to have to try really hard not to set the whole thing on fire.
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #56535
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

The fabric that I need for a cosplay I've been planing is 50% off!!! It's a sign to start now!!! *drives to fabric store*
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote