Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #56596
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I've been going through these random funks ever since finding out I can't go to Katsucon due to a volleyball tournament. This time last year I was getting all excited and busting my butt to finish my cosplay, but right now I'm just blah. Also doesn't help that I've had so much homework to do lately that I don't even have time to work on cosplay. I'm just really stressed and all I want to do is curl up and work on cosplay with some hot chocolate.

Unread 01-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #56597
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Spent a good half hour onlyine talking to a friend about Anime Milwaukee. The temptation is starting to set in for me wanting to gooooooooo. It would be my first out of state con. There's also no other cons around here until May
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #56598
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Yes! Managed to completely remove all of the triangles off of my Gakuko sleeves without going crazy. Now I really wish I did pick up that RIT dye at Fabricland so I could have dyed the sleeves.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #56599
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Bought a bead loom and started working on my bead work for my Connor cosplay, my back is aching over having to stay hunched over it for so long...But it's looking nice and it's coming along great >3<
I went to three thrift stores today to find the right pair of cover-alls for my Ritsuka cosplay and bah, nothing at all. I'll likely end up spending a whole day thrifting next week in hopes of finding one. If I can get this cosplay together and my other one ordered soon then I can put my mind completely on making this Connor cosplay, and not feel so stressed over trying to get everything.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #56600
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So after like two years I took up reading manga again. WHY DID I STOP? It's so much fun to read this stuff! ... And is now giving me all sorts of ideas for cosplay. Mostly involving kimonos. I MUST GO TO MY AUNT'S HOUSE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT KIMONO ALREADY.
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #56601
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Saitou-san! It looks so good! Makes me want to go back at it, seam-ripping all of the details of Gakuko's sleeves and then turning them pink.
Thank you!
Hohohoh do it ~

Quote:
Yes! Managed to completely remove all of the triangles off of my Gakuko sleeves without going crazy. Now I really wish I did pick up that RIT dye at Fabricland so I could have dyed the sleeves.
OMG YES! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So after like two years I took up reading manga again. WHY DID I STOP? It's so much fun to read this stuff! ... And is now giving me all sorts of ideas for cosplay. Mostly involving kimonos. I MUST GO TO MY AUNT'S HOUSE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT KIMONO ALREADY.
I've been lazy reading manga lately.. I watch anime instead (unless the anime adaption is known to be bad xD) because it's faster and has music and stuff. When I started this interest I was all for manga though haha.
KIMONO. DO IT.
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #56602
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'm quite astonished people actually remember me from Anime Expo when I attended Anime LA.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #56603
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Generation 6 of Pokemon announced...why am I not surprised(*grumble* still wanted gen 3 remake...*grumble*) But the one shot of the female protagonist... I have a wig in that color! Might end up cosplaying her depending on how the rest of her outfit looks.

Quote:

Unread 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #56604
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Generation 6 of Pokemon announced...why am I not surprised(*grumble* still wanted gen 3 remake...*grumble*) But the one shot of the female protagonist... I have a wig in that color! Might end up cosplaying her depending on how the rest of her outfit looks.
I found out about Gen 6 here 30 mins ago, I'm surprised there's already a new generation coming out. I'm itching for seeing all the new Pokémon! (I just hope they won't be as fugly as the majority of Gen 4...) Of the starters first forms the fire one is by far my favorite. I wonder what its final form looks like. I also wonder if I will end up wanting to do a gijinka of any new Pokémon...

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 01-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #56605
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Sudden cosplay urge: Richter Abend from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Hnnnngh. I might have time to do this before Fanime.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #56606
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I found out about Gen 6 here 30 mins ago, I'm surprised there's already a new generation coming out. I'm itching for seeing all the new Pokémon! (I just hope they won't be as fugly as the majority of Gen 4...) Of the starters first forms the fire one is by far my favorite. I wonder what its final form looks like. I also wonder if I will end up wanting to do a gijinka of any new Pokémon...
Or Gen 5. Hated most of the designs in those two generations... I also love the fire starter so much right now! I'm also loving the two legendaries they've shown. The deer thing reminds me of the forest guardian from Princess Mononoke.

Quote:

Unread 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #56607
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Sudden cosplay urge: Richter Abend from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Hnnnngh. I might have time to do this before Fanime.
I would love to see that. Richter is one of my dream cosplays too ^^
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #56608
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I would love to see that. Richter is one of my dream cosplays too ^^
Oh nooooo I changed my avatar so it must be happening! XD

Cosplay impulse control = absolute zero.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #56609
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Or Gen 5. Hated most of the designs in those two generations... I also love the fire starter so much right now! I'm also loving the two legendaries they've shown. The deer thing reminds me of the forest guardian from Princess Mononoke.
Oops sorry I meant I thought Gen 5 was the one I disliked.. I got 4th and 5th Gen mixed, my bad! Gen 5 is the one with Zekrom and stuff right? It's that one I meant. Gen 4 had many I disliked too but Gen 5 even more so. Although there are of course some nice ones in Gen 5, I don't dislike everything. XD

Although about the new generation I'm also really liking the fire starter and the two legendaries, especially the deer one.. just like you. XD
Unread 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #56610
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Found a chef's jacket pattern I can modify for Action Girl, just need to decide on fabric and buy a wig. Probably should wait until I finish my Talisa costume, but probably won't.

Cut out the fabric for the mock up last night, and I'm really sore now. Will start sewing the mock up either tomorrow or Thursday.