Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #56596
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Yay I have a better black kimono to use for Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan's Saitō! <3
http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...or-saitou.html

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #56597
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Back to the grind... class today. ^^;

Talked to my cosplay group members, seems I'll be wearing Kuroko no Basuke on Friday. Which is great! I can just wear the cosplay to school and go directly to the con. That costume is more simple then Slade. Friday night, I'll wear Jin from Samurai Champloo. But other then Seymour...everything else seems to be all for Sunday T_T Dino, Sinbad, Slade, and Hijikata....maybe I'll just skip Hijikata for con.

Anyways ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****, despite sending me the wrong size won't let me exchange it. So I guess I'm going to go see if someone can alter it for me. Also, my Murasakibara cosplay still hasn't shipped but the seller tells me that as soon as they're done making it they'll express ship it to me. I'm really just nervous about it. I'm really looking forward to that cosplay and I didn't want to make myself a basketball jersey.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #56598
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword
Yay I have a better black kimono to use for Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan's Saitō! <3
FFFFFFF - it looks amazing!

Auuuugh, I want to fiddle with my kimonos now...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 99%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #56599
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
FFFFFFF - it looks amazing!

Auuuugh, I want to fiddle with my kimonos now...
Thank you, I'm so happy with it!

Hahaha do so ~ xD

*~In progress~*

Unread 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #56600
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Saitou-san! It looks so good! Makes me want to go back at it, seam-ripping all of the details of Gakuko's sleeves and then turning them pink.

Also started paper maching Saber's sword today. I wish my parents didn't keep the house so cold. It's taking forever for the one layer I put on to dry. At least I now have the rest of the parts put together.

Been examining Viola's design even more today to get some sort of plan of how tackle her and seriously....the details have details on her clothes. -_- Even her arrows are annoyingly complicated!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #56601
Mr Zero

AMKE needs to come sooner. Can't wait for it! Got my 3 cosplays ready
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #56602
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Spent $494.04USD on cosplay stuff in the last... two hours or so. 4 yards of Wonderflex, 3 costumes, and 1 wig.

They are all (except maybe the Wonderflex) unrelated to anything major I plan to wear this year.

And thus goes my life. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #56603
kitsuneheart

Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming. My brother just asked me to find out about a gaming I had mentioned because he ACTUALLY WANTED TO GO WITH ME. O_o Normally he's always making fun of my hobby and calling me a geek/nerd/trekkie/whatever but he actually asked me about going to a con. Albeit, he wouldn't cosplay if his life depended on it, but this is a huge step in the right direction! Woohoo!

Also, had my bff come over today and we nearly finished her Organization XIII (Marluxia) coat done in one sitting! All that's left is the hood, attach the sleeves and finish the zippers. Well, and the beads but she's going to do that at home. Now I'm sitting here, still full of momentum, but with almost nothing to work on. I need paint/fusible webbing for Zelda and I still have to dye fabric for Leena's skirt. Than again, I do still have to draft patterns so I guess I could work on that. Especially since I'm almost positive I'll be adding more ideas to my 2013 plans once Pokemon announces whatever it is they're going to announce tomorrow.
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #56604
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Thanks to some negotiations and possible bribery of my friend's sister, my best friend and I got ourselves a Nephrite for our Sailor Moon Dark kingdom group next year! Now we have all four of the generals and possibly a Queen Beryl! 8D

The only downside is, I'm gonna be the one making at least three-if not all four-of the uniforms. At least I'm cosplaying both Jadeite and Zoisite so I only have to make one pair of pants between them xD

Thank god I have until November 2014 to get patterns and fix my sewing machine. I really hope this doesn't suck ^^; I've made pants before (granted it was in a sewing class and it's been...5 or 6 years, but I hope I can do it again) it's the jacket's I'm worried about though...
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #56605
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I've been going through these random funks ever since finding out I can't go to Katsucon due to a volleyball tournament. This time last year I was getting all excited and busting my butt to finish my cosplay, but right now I'm just blah. Also doesn't help that I've had so much homework to do lately that I don't even have time to work on cosplay. I'm just really stressed and all I want to do is curl up and work on cosplay with some hot chocolate.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #56606
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Spent a good half hour onlyine talking to a friend about Anime Milwaukee. The temptation is starting to set in for me wanting to gooooooooo. It would be my first out of state con. There's also no other cons around here until May
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #56607
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Yes! Managed to completely remove all of the triangles off of my Gakuko sleeves without going crazy. Now I really wish I did pick up that RIT dye at Fabricland so I could have dyed the sleeves.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #56608
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Bought a bead loom and started working on my bead work for my Connor cosplay, my back is aching over having to stay hunched over it for so long...But it's looking nice and it's coming along great >3<
I went to three thrift stores today to find the right pair of cover-alls for my Ritsuka cosplay and bah, nothing at all. I'll likely end up spending a whole day thrifting next week in hopes of finding one. If I can get this cosplay together and my other one ordered soon then I can put my mind completely on making this Connor cosplay, and not feel so stressed over trying to get everything.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #56609
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So after like two years I took up reading manga again. WHY DID I STOP? It's so much fun to read this stuff! ... And is now giving me all sorts of ideas for cosplay. Mostly involving kimonos. I MUST GO TO MY AUNT'S HOUSE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT KIMONO ALREADY.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 99%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #56610
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Saitou-san! It looks so good! Makes me want to go back at it, seam-ripping all of the details of Gakuko's sleeves and then turning them pink.
Thank you!
Hohohoh do it ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yes! Managed to completely remove all of the triangles off of my Gakuko sleeves without going crazy. Now I really wish I did pick up that RIT dye at Fabricland so I could have dyed the sleeves.
OMG YES! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So after like two years I took up reading manga again. WHY DID I STOP? It's so much fun to read this stuff! ... And is now giving me all sorts of ideas for cosplay. Mostly involving kimonos. I MUST GO TO MY AUNT'S HOUSE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT KIMONO ALREADY.
I've been lazy reading manga lately.. I watch anime instead (unless the anime adaption is known to be bad xD) because it's faster and has music and stuff. When I started this interest I was all for manga though haha.
KIMONO. DO IT.

*~In progress~*