Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #56626
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

kinda wanna cosplay as scrafty. also kinda don't because it would be sort of difficult with the way i want to go about it.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #56627
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

So somehow my money has worked out so that I was able to order two cosplays within a week of each other. Ririchiyo was ordered and should be in by a couple of weeks time (first TRUE female cosplay, whoo~), so that's definitely something to look forward to. :3
The other is my first costume I'm getting commissioned, this version of Ciel that I just sent the payment and measurements for. I'm actually getting to do another Ciel cosplay, oh my gah I'm excited. I just need to get plushies for Ririchiyo and a lot of accessories (and a plushie) for Ciel, then I'm either going to take a break from getting costumes until June or decide between trying to pull Aria (the Scarlet Ammo) together, or something simple like casual clothes for Ririchiyo, Homestuck, or something Deathnote. I'm leaning towards a break to spend money on things I personally want, though, since I can rewear Ciel or Ririchiyo at Seishuncon; the only con I'd have the opportunity to wear anything at. Overall, my con schedule is really busy this year, but it's full of characters I love and I'm excited for it :3

Also, I'm getting to be Silica with the best Asuna in existence and a guy at my school is being Kirito and I could possibly cosplay Yui with him and I'm having a whole bunch of SAO feelings
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #56628
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So I kinda want to do a crossplay now... the only thing keeping me back is my height. I know we always say, "Cosplay's for fun, don't let physical givens stop you!" but I always feel weird crossplaying since I'm 5 ft nothing and most anime guys are uber tall (as well as everyone else in comparison to me orz)... And this particular crossplay I can't even use height adding insoles... So now I am having an internal debate with myself...
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 01-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #56629
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So I kinda want to do a crossplay now... the only thing keeping me back is my height. I know we always say, "Cosplay's for fun, don't let physical givens stop you!" but I always feel weird crossplaying since I'm 5 ft nothing and most anime guys are uber tall (as well as everyone else in comparison to me orz)... And this particular crossplay I can't even use height adding insoles... So now I am having an internal debate with myself...
You should crossplay anyway! : D We are the same height and the person I'm cosplaying that I've cumulatively spent the most time, energy, and money on is 10 inches taller than me in real life. It's still fun, and the new challenge is to get costume proportions right to compensate for the height difference.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #56630
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm debating false eyelashes for my next two cosplays... Quorra and Twilight Sparkle. Quorra's got these HUGE eyelashes going on when you look closely, and I figured with the big girly pony eyes, I'd get some false eyelashes. Since, yeah, I have practically no eyelashes. But I know CRAP-ALL about them. No idea what to get, how to put them on, take them off, etc.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #56631
momomilk

I don't know if people really know this series (it's not THAT popular), but I have the sudden urge to cosplay Tomoe from Kamisama Kiss <3

AND, I think I will get his costume done in time for Sakura-con :3 Just bought a wig and some other accessories~ lol I just have this thing for fox spirits lol

On another note, I think I have too many I want to cosplay :X
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #56632
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I just learned that Ahn!Con is being held at the same hotel the first two Motakus were held. I hated that hotel and it was the main reason I didn't go to Motaku's second year. But it seems the place was bought by Ramada so it's probably better now than it was back then. The name change threw me, so I didn't realize it was the same hotel.

To explain how bad this hotel was, a male housekeeper came into my room in the middle of the night. Being a woman alone, that is a really terrifying incident. Their excuse was that nighttime housekeeping didn't get an updated list of which rooms were occupied and that I must have checked in late. I checked in around 4 PM, I'm pretty sure his shift started after that and they should be printing the list the second he starts.
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #56633
SynisterFool

First: I'm actually wanting to cosplay a female. What is my life coming to.
Second: We have 86 days until our Eeveelution group debuts. I am excited, guys.

In Progress:
♪Birth By Sleep Bitty!Riku (5%)♪ Dream Drop Distance Riku (5%)

Upcoming Conventions:
♫ShutoCon April 2014
♫Colossalcon June 2014
SynisterFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #56634
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

...well....that semi awkward moment when you realize you already have a few things for a crossplay you'd been trying not to think about. I guess this is what happens when I forget to put things away. When this would happen...I'm not sure yet...but...I already have an almost perfect photoshoot location in mind too.
But....it will happen.
Save me.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #56635
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
You shouldn't let height slow you down, I'm short as well. I'm an inch off from being legally classified as a 'little person' and really there aren't many characters my height and the ones that are, are well, children.
Nobody is going to give you a hard time for being taller or shorter than the character~
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #56636
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup, Gen 5 was with Zekrom and Reshiram. Gen 5, I only really liked the legendaries and Zoroark. XD
Yeah, kinda same thing for me. XD But I do like Samurott, Zebstrika, Braviary and Sawsbuck too lol. But yeah, most Pokémon in Gen 5 I'm just "meh" about. But the legendaries are cool, especially Reshiram. I already have a gijinka design for year X when I do it. XD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #56637
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Meh, ran out of beads for my bead work, it'll be Friday before I can get out to buy some more.
I've been sort of losing the inspiration to cosplay my main cosplay, but after watching some people talk about him and looking at some pictures has giving me a bit more want. But now it's making me wish I had one of his main outfits though.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #56638
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Well, I finally made my crossplay decision. Imma do it. I wanted to do either Tomoe or Mizuki from Kamisama Hajimemashita and I was so undecided until I got the brilliant idea of wandering around as Tomoe with a butterfly net. ... I don't know why the prospect of carrying around a butterfly net is so appealing to me, but I DO WHAT I WANT and I want to carry around a butterfly net. XD

ButMizuki'sdefinitelygonnebedonelateratsomepointin timebecausehesanadorablespaz
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 01-09-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #56639
Veriun

I was originally setting out to make a "realistic" version of a cosplay, i.e using texturized, rough materials such as coarse denim in place of the light blue colors and etc. But lately my brain just KEEPS ADDING STUFF (so far have extra belt bucklet, faux fur and lots of extra seams and buttons), and it's moving further and further away from looking anything like the character I started out with. Contrary to my usual cosplay opinions, I can live with that.
Veriun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #56640
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

My friend told me my Morgiana wig is the exact color of Simba's mane. Which is now making me think of a Simba gijinka...which is also making me think of the problem that I don't crossplay and I can't make him female because then he won't have a mane!

Being a cosplayer is so hard! XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote