Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1143 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #56686
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I love Goodwill! I found a great new black jacket which will look wonderful on my Wolfwood.
I also found a dark red hoodie that just needs some slight overdying to make it maroon for Haruko. Finding that has bumped her up from possible to almost done. I just need to get the wig and make the bracelet and she's done. I may try to get her done for OhayoCon next year. It'll be nice to have another anime/manga costume to wear there.
Depending on how I'm feeling, I may just go ahead and get her wig and Piro/Pirogoeth's wigs at OhayoCon this year. It would get her so close to being done and one Piro would be finished too.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #56687
daylight
Sugar Junkie

Working on my last cosplay before I put the sewing machine away for awhile,
Ive never really been too talented with this hobby and I hate to sew, so I think itll be a while before I make a new costume, at least on the machine,

I also want to save up for one of those old school work horses, every fay I worry my machine is getting closer to breaking

Last edited by daylight : 01-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #56688
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I am finally finishing up this pink Lolita look, got the remaining items I needed, and have begun a Gothic Lolita outfit as well. I dunno I love girly pink but most of the time I am more a Neo Victorian Goth.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #56689
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I was feeling a bit down today, so since it was Friday I decided to wear my Jadeite from Sailor Moon wig (well it will be my Jadeite wig whenever I get around to doing that cosplay ^^; )at school.

Not only did a random teacher fistbump me because he thought my hair was cool looking, but one girl told me my wig was awesome, and when I told her what it was for she said she remembered watching Sailor Moon and always loved Jadeite's weird curly bangs. She then said It was really cool that I was planning to cosplay him eventually.

Needless to say, I felt better after that ^w^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #56690
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

So happy to get some cosplay stuff worked on. Have two in progress Pokemon for a planned cosplay. Yess.

Also, woke up recently, wondered why I haven't cosplayed Link yet. Went to store, found a good percentage of a cosplay for Link. Yes.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #56691
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My Yosen jersey for Murasakibara from Kuroko no Basuke came in!~~~ Hi, sorry I'm beyond happy.

Only problem is its a bit big on my shoulders? It could just be from me being so happy I thru it on without my binding and thus its not properly fitting? ....I love the shorts though. They fit me great.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #56692
LemonFairy
Cosplayer in Training!

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh the small stripes on my Vanellope leggings are a wreck! the bigger ones aren't too bad but there's still a lot I'd like to change about them if I could. hoping someone comes up with a dye removal suggestion because I'm really gr8 at screwing things up. sigh.

on the bright side, the colors at least seem right, which means when my hoodie gets here (i s2g if it doesn't show up before wednesday i'm going to aNGER) i will be able to dye it the right color without too much fear. my hair things for her are coming along eh but i'm not as worried about that. and i'm at least really pleased with how her hair tie turned out.

we're like a week to the con ahhhh pANIC!!! especially because i've never done ohayocon before and pretty much all of my friends who are going are con virgins and they're not even really anime so we'll see how this goes guess but whatevs whatevs. i've made a packing list and i feel fine with the shoes i've got for my loli. i think i might try to do my hair this weekend at some point as a test run because such a paaaaaaaaaaain i need a loli wig but it'd be one just like my hair so idk idk. we will see.

tl;dr: hoping i can get these vanellope leggings to work because i really am super excited about her costume.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
My Yosen jersey for Murasakibara from Kuroko no Basuke came in!~~~ Hi, sorry I'm beyond happy.

Only problem is its a bit big on my shoulders? It could just be from me being so happy I thru it on without my binding and thus its not properly fitting? ....I love the shorts though. They fit me great.
i JUST FINISHED THE KUROKO ANIME LIKE AN HOUR AGO AND I'M HAVING EMOTIONS so tHIS gave me more emotions welp now i need to find the manga sigh

Attending:
OhayoCon 2013|Leaky '13 (Portland)|ACen (?tentative?)|Anime Midwest (?)
Past Cons:
ACen [2007-12]|Blizzcon '10|C2E2 '11|Leaky '11, '12|MidWinter '11|Anime Midwest '12|
LemonFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #56693
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Sooooo trying to build up even greater motivation to do my makeup for Marshal tomorrow. I'm spazzing cause i can't remember where my fangs areX"D

Edit: Finally got a picture of the silver wig i had

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%

Last edited by ashe2kawaii : 01-12-2013 at 02:05 AM.
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #56694
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I just realized that there might be a perfect white jacket for Kyo Kusanagi in one of my closets. Two problems though: 1) it isn't my jacket, 2) I need to use white fabric paint to get rid of a red stripe.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #56695
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Arggg, I was hoping my chest binder would be here today but it's not heeree, it's driving me insane, I need it so bad. It said it would be here yesterday and it's still not.
And my thrifting trip was utterly ineffective, it seems like nobody is selling denim over-alls anymore. This cosplay is so easy to put together but nothing wants to come together.
But I got new beads for Connor's bead work so I can get back to working on it again, so I won't feel totally useless.
Sometimes cosplay gets me so stressed.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #56696
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

The other day my mother said that if she couldn't come up with the money for the cosplay wig I want (it's like $22), she will buy me a wig from Party City. Yes. You didn't misread that. She said she would buy me a party store wig.

NO, MOM. NO.

I told her those wigs were crap. >>

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay: Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%
2015 Cosplay: Poochyena Gijinka [Pokémon] - 0%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #56697
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
The other day my mother said that if she couldn't come up with the money for the cosplay wig I want (it's like $22), she will buy me a wig from Party City. Yes. You didn't misread that. She said she would buy me a party store wig.

NO, MOM. NO.

I told her those wigs were crap. >>
Oh dear! I hope she can come up with the money because buying a wig from party city will be a waste of money! :O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #56698
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Oh dear! I hope she can come up with the money because buying a wig from party city will be a waste of money! :O
Yeah, me too! ;w; She says since it'll be my only time cosplaying (pfft, well we'll see about that) it doesn't matter but since it's presumably my only time then shouldn't I make sure I look good?

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay: Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%
2015 Cosplay: Poochyena Gijinka [Pokémon] - 0%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #56699
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonFairy View Post
i JUST FINISHED THE KUROKO ANIME LIKE AN HOUR AGO AND I'M HAVING EMOTIONS so tHIS gave me more emotions welp now i need to find the manga sigh
YES!~ Go read the manga~! I read it on manga fox if it helps. ^^; But there is going to be a second season of Kuroko no Basuke. ^^

So now that Murasakibara is done... I feel like working on all my other cosplays!~ I'll probably actually get around to making my hakama's rather then just staring at the fabric and making measurements. lol
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #56700
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I have a very horrible urge to cosplay goddess Madoka *.* and Felicita from Arcana Famiglia. So different, my god brain, what is up with you xD
(Also, Cosmonde is reupdating their store with lots of new costumes. It's fun to watch, because they seem to be going back and adding some older stuff and costumes they only ever sold the wig for.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote