Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 890 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #56791
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
I totally understand. Why is it so hard to find a dark tie with the right red floral design on it? I found one on eBay that simply needed a little Sharpie to make the design completely red.
I think the difficulty comes from the fact that I'm looking for a tie that is nearly 6-7 years out of style. I don't even know how many seasons of fashion whims that is. I think I'll try the sharpie suggestion, instead of the paint I was originally going to try. Seems less messy.

And I'm once again working on "improving" my designs for my and my husband's MLP Renaissance costumes. My Pinkie Pie Pirate now looks like Captain Cupcake - whole bunches of flounce. And his Twilight Sparle robes are now going to be multi-layered with minimal flounce... But definitely more impressive than originally envisioned.

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #56792
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Plan for today: Get Red's skirt done and pray for the jewelery I ordered to come in. Let's see if I can actually do those two things without getting distracted...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #56793
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

I think American Cosplay Paradise doesn't like me. Every time I attempt to register it doesn't work, lol.

So I have two Pokemon sitting next to me that need to be carved before the paper mache, sanding, painting and all that good stuff.

My jacket for my Tidus genderbend highly dislikes my sewing machine.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #56794
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Yush! My eldest sister said she might be able to buy me the cosplay wig I want.

Also...I'm really hoping that my mom will like my first con...and even if she doesn't (but at the same time can't see anything wrong with it) she'll continue letting me cosplay. A couple of days ago when I was telling her about the wig I wanted she said that she would buy a wig from Party City. And when I told reminded her what was wrong with store-bought wigs, she said that (exact quote)"it's only going to be this one time." That got me a little afraid. I don't want to leave this community so soon after I've arrived, especially since I know I have so much potential in. I'm just became a teenager and I'm trying to write a book (I love to write and many say I'm good at it) and I'm hoping that when/if I manage to get it published, it will get good reception and sell good and the money I earn from it can fuel my cosplaying career.

Sorry, enough about that, I had to get that off of my chest.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #56795
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Currently working on a practice belt for Sa-chan (Gintama) they are so difficult, I'm glad I didn't use the real fabric the first time @_@
Sayaka (Puella Magi).......Progress 5%
Haruhi (OHSHC)..............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY).................Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, Sac Anime Summer, NorCal Gathering Summer, Yaoi Con, Japan EXPO, Jtown Magical Girls Gathering, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #56796
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Stores don't seem to sell jean shorts in the winter...I guess I can wait until around spring time, or go thrifting for them :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #56797
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Wanting to check out Sakura Con, might attend Fanime instead. Also found a wig for a cosplay idea I have, but it's on Arda's restock list. Found another Arda wig that's perfect for a Final Fantasy character, but I want to wait until the next wig sale. Oh, and thought of a way to do two Legend of Zelda cosplays with the same wig!

And started researching resin molds for (eventual) Princess Daisy.

Me and my cosplay brain...

@DX: couldn't you cut and hem some pants?
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #56798
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
@DX: couldn't you cut and hem some pants?
Lol, technically and the thought did cross my mind. I'll just wait until Spring though, since I don't need it until May anyways
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #56799
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Since I ended up having extra time, I made a second attempt at sculpting Cain' cross. I made it thicker this time, so I think it will work
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #56800
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
Yush! My eldest sister said she might be able to buy me the cosplay wig I want.

Also...I'm really hoping that my mom will like my first con...and even if she doesn't (but at the same time can't see anything wrong with it) she'll continue letting me cosplay. A couple of days ago when I was telling her about the wig I wanted she said that she would buy a wig from Party City. And when I told reminded her what was wrong with store-bought wigs, she said that (exact quote)"it's only going to be this one time." That got me a little afraid. I don't want to leave this community so soon after I've arrived, especially since I know I have so much potential in. I'm just became a teenager and I'm trying to write a book (I love to write and many say I'm good at it) and I'm hoping that when/if I manage to get it published, it will get good reception and sell good and the money I earn from it can fuel my cosplaying career.

Sorry, enough about that, I had to get that off of my chest.
My mom said the same thing to me, that it was only going to be once. I ended up with a party store wig and the assumption that I wouldn't be cosplaying again. And then there was a second costume and party store wig... And a third...

Now that I have a job and my own money I can order my wigs online and buy everything else I need, but until then, it was dealing with whatever mom thought was enough. You're lucky that you have an older sister willing to buy the wig for you. Make sure you bake her brownies or something, because she rocks.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #56801
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

So here I was thinking, "Aw neat, I might be able to get started on Tomoe sooner than I'd hoped." And then my professor said, "This is what you need to get for this artsy fartsy class. It's all cheap, don't worry about it." Despite the fact that for $55, all I got was relatively cheap, it still makes me want to cry because I find I don't like spending money on anything not related to cosplay.

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #56802
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
My mom said the same thing to me, that it was only going to be once. I ended up with a party store wig and the assumption that I wouldn't be cosplaying again. And then there was a second costume and party store wig... And a third...

Now that I have a job and my own money I can order my wigs online and buy everything else I need, but until then, it was dealing with whatever mom thought was enough. You're lucky that you have an older sister willing to buy the wig for you. Make sure you bake her brownies or something, because she rocks.
Good to see I'm not the only one x3
Hopefully I start making my own money one day, too. I just have to write and not get discouraged.

And I WILL. brownies ftw.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #56803
Schweigie
--

I don't know why I am so adamant about using a lacefront wig for this cosplay. The thought of styling one nerves me to no end, and the ones I've seen are a boat load more expensive than my alternative.

As great as I think using a lacefront would be I am probably going to opt out and take the cheaper route in the end. At least I am in no hurry to get this done...

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #56804
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Fabric!~ And Dino pants because wallmart. I'm all for saving money but if it just a dollar difference between new and used then I'll spend the extra dollar and get it new. It was only 7$ for the cargo pants anywho...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #56805
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Wanting to check out Sakura Con, might attend Fanime instead.
You should come to Sakura-Con because it's awesome! : D

/biased opinion
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote