Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #56806
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I'm tempted to go to both!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #56807
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

That sounds like an even better option if you can swing it. : D
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #56808
emmisu
King of Toast

Trying to juggle my classes and practicum hours with cosplaying is ultra stressing me out
But the two wigs I ordered shipped and I'm so excited to get them. Although it'll be about a month before my Zelda wig arrives at home and my mom will have to mail it to me at school.

Waiting for shipments blows, also being excited to do more than one cosplay at once. Esp when one is a million times easier than the other @n@;

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #56809
ghosgreen

Convention is coming in something like two months and I still don't know what I want to really do or what I gotta make for my own costumes or upgrades I gotta make. Why is that you might ask? Partly because EVERYONE ELSE IS LAYING THEIR CRAP ON ME. Seriously holy crap I'm bogged down with these requests. Make me this helmet in one week, or hey dude I got this idea make this and this and we'll go from there. Hey hows my helmet coming along? I want the horns to look just like that in that one picture... I get it! Geez and this is a tough semester for me and I'm busy getting all this stuff laid onto me two months before the con! But on the the flip side it's not so bad I guess...those guys get to live out my dreams of doing really cool costumes that I actually like since they have the resources to actually finish it while I'm just a dirt poor college student that has a few marginal skills in making stuff. Oh well I'm just a bit stressed and quite surprised I have no real firm plans yet for costumes yet and ugh. Just under the freaking gun the pressure is getting to me.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #56810
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I think I wanna do a traveler from Journey. The atmosphere of that game is safgskdfasdkljfa and I just love the way the travelers move. *u*

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #56811
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

(; w ; )*sighs* i want to go fabric shopping, but i have to wait until either this Friday or the beginning of February to gather all my remaining fabric for the princess. I'm thinking of at least seeing how much i have left over from my check Friday to decide whether or not i can.

i also need fabric for sheryl's top, but i'll definitely need to wait till the beginning of February for that.

@Emmisu, o lordy! i can relate to that one! school is looking super busy so far and i'm already stressing out about balancing my homework and finding time when i finish and start on my cosplay.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #56812
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I have so much work I have to do. I have to make Alice's apron, and finish her skirt. I need to make Merlin's boots and belt, and finish off his jacket and pants, by adding a collar and a waistband. And I still need to get fabric to make Rosette's Holy Woman dress.

And I don't even know if I'll even be able to go to Katsucon at this point. So Half of me is saying "Just wait, save your money for now. Find out if you can even find a ride to get there first." and the other half is "Buy all the stuff now, that way you have it. And if you end up going to Katsu you'll have the stuff already there ready for you to cram this stuff out, and if not, well at least you can spend more time on it before your next con."

What I am working on:
(New)Utena Tenjou - Revolutionary Girl Utena
(New)Mokoto Tachibana (Ver. Future Fish) - Free!
(New)Marika Kato (Ver. Space Pirate Captain) - Bodacious Space Pirates
(Fixing)Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #56813
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So here I was thinking, "Aw neat, I might be able to get started on Tomoe sooner than I'd hoped." And then my professor said, "This is what you need to get for this artsy fartsy class. It's all cheap, don't worry about it." Despite the fact that for $55, all I got was relatively cheap, it still makes me want to cry because I find I don't like spending money on anything not related to cosplay.
Heh, I know the feeling. xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #56814
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I think I'm going to bow out of the Masquerade at OhayoCon this weekend. I was going to be in the Found Item category anyway and it's going to take up the whole day. I think I'm going to wait to do a Masquerade when I have a costume that I've made and am super proud of. I'm proud of my Wolfwood, but I want to enjoy the con and go to the panels!

Speaking of Wolfwood, I have completely misplaced the paper I bought to use for the finishing touches for the Confessional. The Mod-Podge was with it too. So, at lunch today I'm going to run up to Jo-Ann's and get some more. At leas I'll know I'll have enough paper this way. I may pick up another foam board so I can do the roof pieces in one piece each instead of gluing scraps together.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #56815
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Planning to get started on Richter's weapons this weekend. I foresee many hours sanding.

I should really look into a power sander.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #56816
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Looking up as many bow tutorials as I can so I can start thinking about making Viola's bow. And making it con safe on top of everything else. >_> Also need to make arrows safe too since I do want them to have the pointed tip. Blah, I need to look up ways to make foam appear to look like wood.

Also decided to just go with fur for Viola's back thing. It would be much easier and it would save me a LOT of headache along the way. Why does this girl have so many little details that need to be done...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 01-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #56817
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Got my shoes for Panty, now all I have to do is sew the dress, which shouldn't be so hard.
Gotta start losin' the extra winter pounds before my nex big con though. Ahh I've been so lazy about that. Back to the crosstrainer it is. ;___;
In progress:
| Kaworu Nagisa - 85%| Uta - 75%|
| Human!Karkat Vantas - 75%| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 35%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #56818
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I love Jo-Ann's! They had the paper on sale 5 for $1. Only $2 to replace the paper I misplaced. And I got a bigger bottle of Mod-Podge for the price of the smaller for thanks to the 50% off coupon. Love it!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #56819
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

>3< Cautious optimism! I managed to find a pair of over-alls for Ritsuka today, and they were only a dollar! Tonight or tomorrow I should be ordering his wig and contacts, hopefully his ears and tail if I can get a few extra bucks together. And then he'll be all done! >3<
Which means, I can put all my effort into finding some cheaper shoes for Ivan, since I don't want to pay 45 for a pair that is said to be murder on the feet.
Hopefully it won't be much longer until I can get Ivan's cosplay fully together, if I can then I can actually have a chance at making Connor before A-Kon.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #56820
XxXFearlessXxX
Ameture Actress

Blarg, I've been painting this hoodie all day and it's only like 35%-ish done.
And then I still have to do the pants...
XxXFearlessXxX is offline   Reply With Quote