Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #56851
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Sakura-Con's finally started announcing their guests! And it looks like they're got something big up their sleeves~

My friend whose costume I volunteered to help with (who still needs 18 yards of fabric) just flipped: the costume we're making is Kirito.

The excitement is contagious!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #56852
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Er...I decided to go with an inaccurate brown trim for my Seymour obi, the accurate yellow clashed horribly the green in real life. Hopefully it be alright? If anyone calls me on it I can explain that it didn't look good like that.

Also got fabric for my Slade cosplay!~ and a new ironing board cover so I can work on cosplay this weekend. Gonna still meet up with one of my other friends tomorrow to work on my staff and gun.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #56853
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I started watching this new anime series (so far today the 2nd episode was uploaded) and there is this ADORABLE character that I want to cosplay as but she has two different hair colors! xD Originally it's blue but sometimes it'll change to pink! Now I gotta buy a long blue and a long pink wig because I just can't do one version of her! xD

Edit: see! xD

Edit: Just now I uploaded this picture to facebook and my little sister decided to tag herself as the blue version of Black Bunny! I can guess you can say problem solved? xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 01-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #56854
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I'm almost done with Isaak's coat and I'll finish his armband tomorrow! I'm so happy to actually be making progress on this cosplay X)

Though I now have a love/hate relationship with my Isaak wig. Four feet of hair does not like me...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #56855
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Sakura-Con's finally started announcing their guests! And it looks like they're got something big up their sleeves~

My friend whose costume I volunteered to help with (who still needs 18 yards of fabric) just flipped: the costume we're making is Kirito.

The excitement is contagious!
I'm still kind of scared considering that con is earlier this year and everything is coming out later =___=
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #56856
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So every cosplayer has that one costume that just never ever wants to cooperate with you ever.

I have come to the conclusion that mine is Rarity. I was adding some embellishment to hide some stitches on it and... OhmygodRARITY - why do you never cooperate with me!? It finally got done, but for realz, I came close to throwing it across the room in anger. -w-

Also, my shoes for Derpy came today. You know. The day I needed them while I was already at said con... I can wear them Sunday, anyways. -w-
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #56857
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

sooooo....i just won a bid on wig i REALLY wanted, before i speak to soon as to and how happy i am i will wait till i actually receive to judge whether it was worth it.

Edit: just of this, but felt no reason to post again.

I finally narrowed my cosplay list down.

my main focus is Sheryl Nome (for a festival in may) and The Princess of the Crystal, then after Liz. (a con in July)

After the con i plan to work on Scheherazade and Yuno, and possible one other character.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%

Last edited by ashe2kawaii : 01-19-2013 at 12:16 AM.
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #56858
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
I'm still kind of scared considering that con is earlier this year and everything is coming out later =___=
Yeah, they're really late on the usual announcements this year. I'm hoping that the wait means they're finalizing some super amazing guests, though~ Last year it was a scant month til the con and they announced Mana and Moi Dix Mois. Hopefully they can pull off something of equal caliber this year. : D

Also, I've been meaning to ask you, were you part of that complete Madoka group that was at Aki-Con last year?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 01-19-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #56859
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

My big red clown shoes came in for my Krusty cosplay, and they're only about 3 inches longer than my normal shoes. I think I'm insulted. Can't wait for the main outfit to get here!
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #56860
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Found out that my cosplay idol is going to a con I'm attending this year, so now I'm motivated to work on my Rise and Hope cosplay. I hope it turns out well!

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #56861
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I ended up sorting through all of the fabric I had and I seriously have wayyyyy too much duck canvas. =_= What in the world am I going to do with it!? Surprisingly though, I found a bunch of fabrics that I could use for Chizuru! Like I almost have enough for the whole cosplay! 0_0 To make matters even better, I have enough for most of the fabric parts of Morgiana too. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #56862
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I ended up sorting through all of the fabric I had and I seriously have wayyyyy too much duck canvas. =_= What in the world am I going to do with it!? Surprisingly though, I found a bunch of fabrics that I could use for Chizuru! Like I almost have enough for the whole cosplay! 0_0 To make matters even better, I have enough for most of the fabric parts of Morgiana too. ^_^
Chizuru yay! That sounds awesome!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #56863
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Make some shoes with the duck canvas.

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #56864
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

*sigh* I'm feeling conflicted. My friend wants to borrow my short, slightly curly blonde wig for a convention in February, which I was fine with until she said she wanted to straighten it. I can understand that it's pretty flippy in the back, but I was hoping she wouldn't mess with the bangs since I was planning to use that wig to cosplay Jadeite from Sailor Moon next year. The bangs on the wig already have the perfect somewhat-curliness that his do, and If she straightened it I don't know if I'd be able to get it back to the way it is considering it's too short to really curl.

I don't want to be a douchy friend and say she can borrow it with conditions attached, especially when I wasn't planning on cosplaying Jadeite until next year, but I just really don't want her messing with the bangs...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-19-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #56865
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
*sigh* I'm feeling conflicted. My friend wants to borrow my short, slightly curly blonde wig for a convention in February, which I was fine with until she said she wanted to straighten it. I can understand that it's pretty flippy in the back, but I was hoping she wouldn't mess with the bangs since I was planning to use that wig to cosplay Jadeite from Sailor Moon next year. The bangs on the wig already have the perfect somewhat-curliness that his do, and If she straightened it I don't know if I'd be able to get it back to the way it is considering it's too short to really curl.

I don't want to be a douchy friend and say she can borrow it with conditions attached, especially when I wasn't planning on cosplaying Jadeite until next year, but I just really don't want her messing with the bangs...
be honest that is not really borrowing something if you change it. Straitening it could even damage it,and it's hard to get it to go back if it's already perfect for you. perhaps she needs to buy one if she wants to be creative .

There is nothing wrong with saying NO in a situation like that; or conditions for that matter. It is your wig after all, and you have other plans for it. It's like letting someone borrow your clothes. What if you borrowed a white shirt and then ty-died it and gave it back? Borrow implies returning in the same condition. BUT at least he said something about straightening before hand. However she asked to borrow not if you would give it to her.

IMO...
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote