Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 297 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #56866
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
*sigh* I'm feeling conflicted. My friend wants to borrow my short, slightly curly blonde wig for a convention in February, which I was fine with until she said she wanted to straighten it. I can understand that it's pretty flippy in the back, but I was hoping she wouldn't mess with the bangs since I was planning to use that wig to cosplay Jadeite from Sailor Moon next year. The bangs on the wig already have the perfect somewhat-curliness that his do, and If she straightened it I don't know if I'd be able to get it back to the way it is considering it's too short to really curl.

I don't want to be a douchy friend and say she can borrow it with conditions attached, especially when I wasn't planning on cosplaying Jadeite until next year, but I just really don't want her messing with the bangs...
If I were you, I would tell her that I want the bangs to not be touched if you are okay with her straightening the back. It is your wig that you paid for so you chose what should be done with it. You don't sound douchy, it is your wig and not hers. If she doesn't like it, well she can get her own wig. If my friends borrow any of my wigs, I always say I want it back in the same condition with no changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Marie C View Post
Make some shoes with the duck canvas.
Oh I could! 0= Now I need to think of what I would need pink/yellow/red shoes for.

Seriously debating whether to make Chizuru's haori out of the suiting fabric I have. If I do, then I would make her two kimono layers out of it too. However, the hakama pants would be twill since I need to gradient dye it and the suiting fabric is polyester so I can't use that. But then the pants would be a completely different fabric. I don't know if that would look right or not. Gah. It's hard being a cosplayer.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #56867
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I want my bunny ears already! But I gotta wait till I have all my materials....plus a pink wig since I might plan to sew them to my wig (not so sure yet) :P

W.I.P:
Lolita!Mikasa Ackerman - Attack on Titan 35%
Crimson Cravat!Mikasa Ackerman -AoT 20%
Vampire!Mikasa Ackerman - AoT 90%

Dark!Twilight Princess Zelda - SSBB 15%
Fem!Aladdin-Magi
Morgiana-Magi

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Kougyuko-Magi
Yui Komori- Diabolk Lovers
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill
Yukina Himuro - Watashi ni xx Shinasai
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #56868
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

I desperately need a trip to Walmart, I need buttons and bias tape to finish Isaak's coat DX If walmart hasn't restocked their white bias tape then so help me...
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #56869
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I have come to the conclusion that Ciel has and always will be my favorite cosplay of mine.
He's the ONLY one that every time I try to do him well and look in the mirror, always think, dang, I'm pretty good at this.
Ririchiyo I worry about since my eyes are really light and I need to make myself look super adorable to make it work.
Alois doesn't flatter me.
Gumi I make some AWKWARD expressions for and never think my goggles look quite right with the wig.
Italy doesn't work on me at all anymore.
Keep in mind this doesn't mean I think my Ciel is perfect by any means (heck, I never wear the costume I got for him in the first place anymore and won't have another real version for a couple of months, in addition to being pretty bad at makeup), he's just the costume I have the very least insecurities with (the only ones, I think, are my eye color again though it isn't as bad and my weight; I'd like to be light enough to be picked up for pictures but I'm fine with not being so for now).
Which reminds me...I ought to try to sell some costumes and wigs I'm not using anymore. >n<; Especially that N. Italy wig and my other Ciel wig.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #56870
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

<rant> I think I need to stop adding cosplayers to my FB. I keep making "friends" with kids at least 8 years my junior, whom only talk with me for the small time that photos are taken and then leave me in the dust as soon as the convention is over. When I try to interject myself, on FB and outside of convention time, I'm disregarded unless they need something from me. *sigh* Maybe I'm getting too old for the cosplay-friends nonsense and need to just stop adding kids in the hopes that they might want to hang out past the convention season. </rant>

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #56871
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Just realized I have NO IDEA where my Duke Devlin headband is. How the EFF did I lose my headband a month before the con?! I always kept it with my wig! This is bad T_T
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #56872
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Just got back from an awesome cosplay photoshoot, in which I was the photographer.
>3< The shots came out awesome and I made a friend in the process who talked me into doing another cosplay.
I've been planning it for awhile, but put it off due to absolutely needing someone to cosplay with, since my eyesight will be rather limited.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #56873
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Debating which cosplay I should wear for my final photoshoot before going back to college should be. I'm debating between Heroine from Fate/Extra or Badbye version Gumi. I'm leaning more towards Heroine right now despite the fact that the wig will be a pain in the butt to untangle after the shoot.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #56874
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I and another group member are determined to learn how to sew, conveniently when Joann's has a $1 pattern sale.

Total of 52 patterns obtained today. I think we have patterns for everything ever.

Next con: Fanime (San Jose, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #56875
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

52 patterns? o.O
And I thought my several dozen gathered over the fall months was excessive
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #56876
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Kell- just imagining you guys with 52 patterns in your arms has seriously made my night so much better. X3 I'm also jealous and wish to go fabric/pattern shopping. XD
~Novice Mage, Skyrim (base 90%, props 50%)
~Sheeda/Caeda, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon(base planned, prop planned, armor akdsjlfjasdf)

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #56877
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

So far...my project has been one big flop. And....I'm okay with that. I made a bit of progress with it which....is far more than I expected considering my lack of experience.
I just hope I don't screw this one up too badly because I don't have the money to buy more materials if it screws up beyond salvaging.

Although...I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm stepping on toes again. Which....sort of bothers me since I was finally getting to a place where I was almost comfortable with how I've been doing.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #56878
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
52 patterns? o.O
And I thought my several dozen gathered over the fall months was excessive
Haha, yeah, but considering we had zero before, it's maybe not so much? And I bought quite a few that are specifically for beginners and aren't necessarily cosplay-related. (Pattern for a Snuggie, yessss.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrac View Post
Kell- just imagining you guys with 52 patterns in your arms has seriously made my night so much better. X3 I'm also jealous and wish to go fabric/pattern shopping. XD
LOL. Yeah, we had to stagger our buys because they had limits! XD

Next con: Fanime (San Jose, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #56879
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Since I'm almost done with Isaak's armband, I thought I'd throw on my coat for a quick progress photo! picture!

I did NOT feel like putting my 4-foot wig on for the picture though, it's still a mess from Yesterday XP
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #56880
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Nice! I had to stagger my purchases, too. I was practically buying them every weekend. Three to four at a time, or at least one. My latest pattern purchase was one of the new McCall's evening dress patterns. Hoping to use it for eventual Princess Bubblegum, or something else!

Snuggie for practice is great! Who else want to learn, Decus or Nai?
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote