Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1525 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #56881
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth
 
Ineedaname9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,567
Awesome cosplay shopping day...even thought it was suppost to be a cosplaying making day. *sweatdrop* I didn't bring my scissors and my friend lost his scissors so it was a bit of a fail... But I got all the fabric to make Jin, 5$ white sheet from goodwill for Sinbad, and 10 sheets of craft foam.

...Guess what I'll be doing on Monday? ^^ Making cosplay!~ Tomorrow, I need to do my homework. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.
O.o No, I dont think so... but what can you do with that sort of situation?
__________________
Working on: Thorin Oakenshield - The Hobbit, Jon Snow - GoT, Deathstroke - Teen Titans
Events: Hoku Kon 15, Amazing Hawaii Comic Con, Hawaii Amine Matsuri
Photography Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #56882
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
O.o No, I dont think so... but what can you do with that sort of situation?
I'm not really sure. With the first guy, I simply asked for the photos of myself and explained that I was uncomfortable with someone giving out pictures of me especially since I never gave permission etc., but I'm not sure if he really got the message. He just kinda seemed to shrug it off. OTL

With this case though, my photographer and I are primarily concerned that it might've been his work. We don't know if we can really do much about it aside from simply being more aware next time. I'd been stuck at my Artist Alley table 99.9% of the time, so I only even found out about the first guy because a couple of friends of mine brought me the photo, explained what was happening, and took me to where he was so I could talk to him.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #56883
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth
 
Ineedaname9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
I'm not really sure. With the first guy, I simply asked for the photos of myself and explained that I was uncomfortable with someone giving out pictures of me especially since I never gave permission etc., but I'm not sure if he really got the message. He just kinda seemed to shrug it off. OTL

With this case though, my photographer and I are primarily concerned that it might've been his work. We don't know if we can really do much about it aside from simply being more aware next time. I'd been stuck at my Artist Alley table 99.9% of the time, so I only even found out about the first guy because a couple of friends of mine brought me the photo, explained what was happening, and took me to where he was so I could talk to him.
Well, I hope you can get the situation sorted out... It sounds complicated.
__________________
Working on: Thorin Oakenshield - The Hobbit, Jon Snow - GoT, Deathstroke - Teen Titans
Events: Hoku Kon 15, Amazing Hawaii Comic Con, Hawaii Amine Matsuri
Photography Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #56884
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer
 
Kayla Marie C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
I got some actual Converse! Not really for cosplay, my father was nice enough to buy them for me because my sneakers are pretty old and raggedy... So I will use them for both.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a decent pair of red high heels?
Try Rack Room shoes. Look for she stores that are going out of business. Yesterday I got two pairs of $50 heels for $5 a pair!
__________________
Cosplay Progress


Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - 100%- Complete!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Progress- 10%
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #56885
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor
 
Kell-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,807
Determined to get moving on Richter's weapons. Get up, pour coffee, print ref pic, sit down with giant sketch pad, go to trace design on 1/2" MDF...

...and realize that I have tons of MDF in every thickness except 1/2". *headdesk*
__________________
Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay!
Facebook deviantART Twitter
Tumblr
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #56886
Serako
Female gentleman~
 
Serako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 196
Finished my Mikuo headset today..... but it looks like shit..... guess I'll redo it when I get some more $$$
__________________
Current Project:
Scarlet Witch (comics,not AOU ) /DONE
Jubilee(90's version)
Kate Kane DC bombshell

Looking for people near the Shreveport Louisanna area to cosplay with!!!

http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #56887
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Hey, Coscom! Long time no see.

So, quick question for those of you here in the thread.

At Winter SacAnime, there was a guy (well, actually two, and I'm only just finding out about the second one) who was giving out photos of cosplayers; some of the photos were of me. I'm personally extremely weirded out by this; it's not so much a privacy thing, as my Gala Pinkie cosplay (both instances were photos of said costume) has gotten quite a bit of attention and is easily found on a google search. But I was never asked for permission or anything, and furthermore I'm a little creeped out by the idea of a stranger having a physical copy of a photo of myself that's not for say, portfolio purposes.

So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.


But on a lighter note, I bought my fabric for Ultimate Madoka today! The lady at the cutting counter was pretty shocked when I said I wanted 13 yards of the white satin I'd brought up... ahahaha
Hi, I missed you~! : D

That's freakin' creepy that someone was handing out your picture. D: Was he just like... handing them out to passing people? Or was he advertising himself as a photographer or some other service? Buh, I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. .-.


Also, bad (but not unexpected) news, but I don't think my friend's Oktavia!Sayaka is gong to be done before Sakura-Con. .-. Partially because of funding (she had a school loan mishap a couple days ago) and partially because she hasn't got a single component of it finished. I'll still be bringing Homura and our photographer finished watching the series to familiarize himself with the characters.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #56888
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Well, I hope you can get the situation sorted out... It sounds complicated.
Thanks, I hope so too. I kinda doubt I can really do anything about it, though. I mean, I don't think there would be any sort of watermark or contact info on the photo. /shrug

------

Hmmm, hoping to at least either 1. finish up my Fluttershy poncho or 2. begin work on Ultimate Madoka today! Yay for long weekends!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Hi, I missed you~! : D

That's freakin' creepy that someone was handing out your picture. D: Was he just like... handing them out to passing people? Or was he advertising himself as a photographer or some other service? Buh, I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. .-.


Also, bad (but not unexpected) news, but I don't think my friend's Oktavia!Sayaka is gong to be done before Sakura-Con. .-. Partially because of funding (she had a school loan mishap a couple days ago) and partially because she hasn't got a single component of it finished. I'll still be bringing Homura and our photographer finished watching the series to familiarize himself with the characters.
Hey, I missed you too! c:

Well, I'm not sure about the second guy, but the first guy was just sitting at a table with a bunch of cosplay photos spread out and was saying people could take any. I think he wanted to show off his photography (cause I know for sure he was the photographer) but perhaps going about it in... well, definitely going about it in the wrong way. I'm not too sure what his deal was, really. He didn't really give me much of a reason when I confronted him. As for the second guy, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, since it might have been another photographer's photo.

Aww, shame that Sayaka won't be done. I might have a Kyoko that can possibly shoot with us, though! Kind of a big maybe, so I can't say for sure.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%

Last edited by LeekFish : 01-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #56889
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Hey, I missed you too! c:

Well, I'm not sure about the second guy, but the first guy was just sitting at a table with a bunch of cosplay photos spread out and was saying people could take any. I think he wanted to show off his photography (cause I know for sure he was the photographer) but perhaps going about it in... well, definitely going about it in the wrong way. I'm not too sure what his deal was, really. He didn't really give me much of a reason when I confronted him. As for the second guy, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, since it might have been another photographer's photo.

Aww, shame that Sayaka won't be done. I might have a Kyoko that can possibly shoot with us, though! Kind of a big maybe, so I can't say for sure.
I guess that's less creepy than I was imagining. .-. But still kind of creepy. Are they just like, single photos of various cospleyers or is it a compilation/collage of cosplayers on a single page?

I was trying to get my friend to go for Sakaya's school uniform, or at least her normal magical girl outfit, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. o:
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #56890
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I guess that's less creepy than I was imagining. .-. But still kind of creepy. Are they just like, single photos of various cospleyers or is it a compilation/collage of cosplayers on a single page?

I was trying to get my friend to go for Sakaya's school uniform, or at least her normal magical girl outfit, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. o:
Single photos of various cosplayers. I'm assuming it's a similar case with the other guy, but I'm waiting for more info.

Aww. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure if either of you are familiar with Taobao, but you could always try finding her something there if time and money are the biggest constraints, as things are pretty low-priced there but usually still nice quality.
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #56891
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Hey, Coscom! Long time no see.

So, quick question for those of you here in the thread.

At Winter SacAnime, there was a guy (well, actually two, and I'm only just finding out about the second one) who was giving out photos of cosplayers; some of the photos were of me. I'm personally extremely weirded out by this; it's not so much a privacy thing, as my Gala Pinkie cosplay (both instances were photos of said costume) has gotten quite a bit of attention and is easily found on a google search. But I was never asked for permission or anything, and furthermore I'm a little creeped out by the idea of a stranger having a physical copy of a photo of myself that's not for say, portfolio purposes.

So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.


But on a lighter note, I bought my fabric for Ultimate Madoka today! The lady at the cutting counter was pretty shocked when I said I wanted 13 yards of the white satin I'd brought up... ahahaha
Dang. That is creepy. 0_0 Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what he is doing with the pictures.

I think my brain really wants me to work on Chizuru. I had two dreams last night that were Hakuouki related. Blah. I might just use the suiting fabric I have for the haori...
__________________
Working on...
Harvest Festival Elena(Pandora's Tower)|

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #56892
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 873
I was looking for black shorts and remembered that I had a pair of black jean shorts from my first job. The bad part is there are these small button like things that I can't get off of them They're way too noticeable too. I was trying to pry them off with a letter opener, but only got one off and rest aren't budging *sadness*
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #56893
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Agh. My brain keeps wandering to other cosplays to do. I'm thinking that if my group is okay with it, doing Yui from SAO with them instead of Silica (it's much cheaper and I don't have to worry about Pina) and getting Inori sometime later. Then I'm also starting to watch Amnesia so I kinda want to cosplay Orion..but..
Agh. Plaaaans. stahppp.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #56894
Curucar
 
Posts: n/a
Lesson of the day: while plywood provides sharper, crisper edges, it's also a crapton more dense than actual wood and is a pain in the ASS to sand down. ;_;
  Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #56895
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer
 
Marbleyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 519
My University is offering a History course in the fall that will focus on Japanese Film and Anime! Where the hell can I sign up?! I am so glad I'm a History major!

I wonder if that means I can show to class more often in full cosplay?
__________________
[size="1"]Future Cosplays
Hannah Anafeloz from Black Butler [Complete]


Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.