Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1171 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #56881
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post

Snuggie for practice is great! Who else want to learn, Decus or Nai?
Nai. I have little to no patience for sewing. Instead, I'm looking to invest in some breast forms for a few cleavage crossplays. Kel happened upon the perrrfect ones...for $1,200.00. Ouch... That's like, the cost of my entire Valkyria outfit for Fanime. o_O
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #56882
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I got some actual Converse! Not really for cosplay, my father was nice enough to buy them for me because my sneakers are pretty old and raggedy... So I will use them for both.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a decent pair of red high heels?
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #56883
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Egads, that's quite a lot! But probably worth it...
Good for Kell and Nai, though. Hopefully I'll see you guys at Fanime. Found out Kintoki takes place same weekend as an event here in Oregon. I'll bring a different version of Boo this time, if you guys do regular Mario Bros.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #56884
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyokun View Post
<rant> I think I need to stop adding cosplayers to my FB. I keep making "friends" with kids at least 8 years my junior, whom only talk with me for the small time that photos are taken and then leave me in the dust as soon as the convention is over. When I try to interject myself, on FB and outside of convention time, I'm disregarded unless they need something from me. *sigh* Maybe I'm getting too old for the cosplay-friends nonsense and need to just stop adding kids in the hopes that they might want to hang out past the convention season. </rant>
I'd say just keep adding them. If you make just one real friend out of it, isn't it worth it?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #56885
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Egads, that's quite a lot! But probably worth it...
Good for Kell and Nai, though. Hopefully I'll see you guys at Fanime. Found out Kintoki takes place same weekend as an event here in Oregon. I'll bring a different version of Boo this time, if you guys do regular Mario Bros.
Ah, okay. We should have that done. I think I'm the only one that hasn't finished the Mario Bros outfit (overalls got back-ordered, then cancelled). Kell says she'll be good to go as well. So, hopefully you'll be around for Fanime. It should be a blast as always - especially now that the convention isn't torn to pieces with construction.
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #56886
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Hey, Coscom! Long time no see.

So, quick question for those of you here in the thread.

At Winter SacAnime, there was a guy (well, actually two, and I'm only just finding out about the second one) who was giving out photos of cosplayers; some of the photos were of me. I'm personally extremely weirded out by this; it's not so much a privacy thing, as my Gala Pinkie cosplay (both instances were photos of said costume) has gotten quite a bit of attention and is easily found on a google search. But I was never asked for permission or anything, and furthermore I'm a little creeped out by the idea of a stranger having a physical copy of a photo of myself that's not for say, portfolio purposes.

So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.

But on a lighter note, I bought my fabric for Ultimate Madoka today! The lady at the cutting counter was pretty shocked when I said I wanted 13 yards of the white satin I'd brought up... ahahaha

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #56887
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.
I've never heard of that, but that sounds rather creepy. Especially if you don't know who this person even is...
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #56888
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
I've never heard of that, but that sounds rather creepy. Especially if you don't know who this person even is...
Not a clue. The first guy handed over the photo of me in question (and promised they were the only copies.) The second instance I'm still trying to look into (like I said, I'm only just now finding out there was another person doing the same thing), but my friend who told me about it won't be able to show me her copy of the photo until tomorrow. Thing is, if she's remembering it correctly, it might not be the original photographer handing it out, because at the very least it apparently looks very similar to this photo and the guy who took that one wasn't giving anything out at con; so he's about as freaked out as I am right now (and understandably so, since someone might've been giving out his work.) I texted her a picture of the photo from the first guy and she said it's definitely a separate case.

I'm just kinda "WTF"ing over this right now. o__o;

2013 Cosplays
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #56889
eccentricities

I'm so happy. So ridiculously happy.
I gambled and it payed off today.
I got the wig for my Scheris Adjani cosplay and I had buyers' remorse immediately after ordering it. I was worried it was going to be too dark, too short, too thing, too everything bad and nothing good.

I got it before I went to work today, so it's been sitting on the wig head since I left for work.
The first thing I did when i got home was pull my hair out of it's ponytail holder and start pinning it to put a wig cap over it.

There is literally barely any styling that is going to have to be done to this wig.
The color is just the shade I wanted and it's thick. It's thick and luxurious and no one understands.

And it's really adorable un-styled.

I'm just so happy about cosplay right now. x_x
rumminov's fancytier Nepeta wig plz hurry
Penelo (FFXII: Revenant Wings) on hold
Ai Enma (Hell Girl) on hold
The Painted Lady (Avatar: The Last Airbender) on hold
Aya (GLTAS) god why do i keep adding stuff?
annnnd trying to pick a Young Justice character to add to the list...

now i just gotta figure out my cons
eccentricities is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #56890
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Awesome cosplay shopping day...even thought it was suppost to be a cosplaying making day. *sweatdrop* I didn't bring my scissors and my friend lost his scissors so it was a bit of a fail... But I got all the fabric to make Jin, 5$ white sheet from goodwill for Sinbad, and 10 sheets of craft foam.

...Guess what I'll be doing on Monday? ^^ Making cosplay!~ Tomorrow, I need to do my homework. T_T

Quote:
O.o No, I dont think so... but what can you do with that sort of situation?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #56891
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
O.o No, I dont think so... but what can you do with that sort of situation?
I'm not really sure. With the first guy, I simply asked for the photos of myself and explained that I was uncomfortable with someone giving out pictures of me especially since I never gave permission etc., but I'm not sure if he really got the message. He just kinda seemed to shrug it off. OTL

With this case though, my photographer and I are primarily concerned that it might've been his work. We don't know if we can really do much about it aside from simply being more aware next time. I'd been stuck at my Artist Alley table 99.9% of the time, so I only even found out about the first guy because a couple of friends of mine brought me the photo, explained what was happening, and took me to where he was so I could talk to him.

2013 Cosplays
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #56892
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
I'm not really sure. With the first guy, I simply asked for the photos of myself and explained that I was uncomfortable with someone giving out pictures of me especially since I never gave permission etc., but I'm not sure if he really got the message. He just kinda seemed to shrug it off. OTL

With this case though, my photographer and I are primarily concerned that it might've been his work. We don't know if we can really do much about it aside from simply being more aware next time. I'd been stuck at my Artist Alley table 99.9% of the time, so I only even found out about the first guy because a couple of friends of mine brought me the photo, explained what was happening, and took me to where he was so I could talk to him.
Well, I hope you can get the situation sorted out... It sounds complicated.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #56893
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
I got some actual Converse! Not really for cosplay, my father was nice enough to buy them for me because my sneakers are pretty old and raggedy... So I will use them for both.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a decent pair of red high heels?
Try Rack Room shoes. Look for she stores that are going out of business. Yesterday I got two pairs of $50 heels for $5 a pair!

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #56894
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Determined to get moving on Richter's weapons. Get up, pour coffee, print ref pic, sit down with giant sketch pad, go to trace design on 1/2" MDF...

...and realize that I have tons of MDF in every thickness except 1/2". *headdesk*

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #56895
Serako
Female gentleman~

Finished my Mikuo headset today..... but it looks like shit..... guess I'll redo it when I get some more $$$
Vanya (white violin), The Umbrella Academy
Wiccan, the Young Avengers
http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote