Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #56896
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Hey, Coscom! Long time no see.

So, quick question for those of you here in the thread.

At Winter SacAnime, there was a guy (well, actually two, and I'm only just finding out about the second one) who was giving out photos of cosplayers; some of the photos were of me. I'm personally extremely weirded out by this; it's not so much a privacy thing, as my Gala Pinkie cosplay (both instances were photos of said costume) has gotten quite a bit of attention and is easily found on a google search. But I was never asked for permission or anything, and furthermore I'm a little creeped out by the idea of a stranger having a physical copy of a photo of myself that's not for say, portfolio purposes.

So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.

But on a lighter note, I bought my fabric for Ultimate Madoka today! The lady at the cutting counter was pretty shocked when I said I wanted 13 yards of the white satin I'd brought up... ahahaha
Hi, I missed you~! : D

That's freakin' creepy that someone was handing out your picture. D: Was he just like... handing them out to passing people? Or was he advertising himself as a photographer or some other service? Buh, I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. .-.

Also, bad (but not unexpected) news, but I don't think my friend's Oktavia!Sayaka is gong to be done before Sakura-Con. .-. Partially because of funding (she had a school loan mishap a couple days ago) and partially because she hasn't got a single component of it finished. I'll still be bringing Homura and our photographer finished watching the series to familiarize himself with the characters.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #56897
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Well, I hope you can get the situation sorted out... It sounds complicated.
Thanks, I hope so too. I kinda doubt I can really do anything about it, though. I mean, I don't think there would be any sort of watermark or contact info on the photo. /shrug

------

Hmmm, hoping to at least either 1. finish up my Fluttershy poncho or 2. begin work on Ultimate Madoka today! Yay for long weekends!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Hi, I missed you~! : D

That's freakin' creepy that someone was handing out your picture. D: Was he just like... handing them out to passing people? Or was he advertising himself as a photographer or some other service? Buh, I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. .-.

Also, bad (but not unexpected) news, but I don't think my friend's Oktavia!Sayaka is gong to be done before Sakura-Con. .-. Partially because of funding (she had a school loan mishap a couple days ago) and partially because she hasn't got a single component of it finished. I'll still be bringing Homura and our photographer finished watching the series to familiarize himself with the characters.
Hey, I missed you too! c:

Well, I'm not sure about the second guy, but the first guy was just sitting at a table with a bunch of cosplay photos spread out and was saying people could take any. I think he wanted to show off his photography (cause I know for sure he was the photographer) but perhaps going about it in... well, definitely going about it in the wrong way. I'm not too sure what his deal was, really. He didn't really give me much of a reason when I confronted him. As for the second guy, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, since it might have been another photographer's photo.

Aww, shame that Sayaka won't be done. I might have a Kyoko that can possibly shoot with us, though! Kind of a big maybe, so I can't say for sure.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%

Last edited by LeekFish : 01-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #56898
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Hey, I missed you too! c:

Well, I'm not sure about the second guy, but the first guy was just sitting at a table with a bunch of cosplay photos spread out and was saying people could take any. I think he wanted to show off his photography (cause I know for sure he was the photographer) but perhaps going about it in... well, definitely going about it in the wrong way. I'm not too sure what his deal was, really. He didn't really give me much of a reason when I confronted him. As for the second guy, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, since it might have been another photographer's photo.

Aww, shame that Sayaka won't be done. I might have a Kyoko that can possibly shoot with us, though! Kind of a big maybe, so I can't say for sure.
I guess that's less creepy than I was imagining. .-. But still kind of creepy. Are they just like, single photos of various cospleyers or is it a compilation/collage of cosplayers on a single page?

I was trying to get my friend to go for Sakaya's school uniform, or at least her normal magical girl outfit, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #56899
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I guess that's less creepy than I was imagining. .-. But still kind of creepy. Are they just like, single photos of various cospleyers or is it a compilation/collage of cosplayers on a single page?

I was trying to get my friend to go for Sakaya's school uniform, or at least her normal magical girl outfit, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. o:
Single photos of various cosplayers. I'm assuming it's a similar case with the other guy, but I'm waiting for more info.

Aww. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure if either of you are familiar with Taobao, but you could always try finding her something there if time and money are the biggest constraints, as things are pretty low-priced there but usually still nice quality.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #56900
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Hey, Coscom! Long time no see.

So, quick question for those of you here in the thread.

At Winter SacAnime, there was a guy (well, actually two, and I'm only just finding out about the second one) who was giving out photos of cosplayers; some of the photos were of me. I'm personally extremely weirded out by this; it's not so much a privacy thing, as my Gala Pinkie cosplay (both instances were photos of said costume) has gotten quite a bit of attention and is easily found on a google search. But I was never asked for permission or anything, and furthermore I'm a little creeped out by the idea of a stranger having a physical copy of a photo of myself that's not for say, portfolio purposes.

So, my question is, is this a common occurrence, or what? I've never been in this situation before, and don't think I know anyone personally who has.

But on a lighter note, I bought my fabric for Ultimate Madoka today! The lady at the cutting counter was pretty shocked when I said I wanted 13 yards of the white satin I'd brought up... ahahaha
Dang. That is creepy. 0_0 Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what he is doing with the pictures.

I think my brain really wants me to work on Chizuru. I had two dreams last night that were Hakuouki related. Blah. I might just use the suiting fabric I have for the haori...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #56901
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I was looking for black shorts and remembered that I had a pair of black jean shorts from my first job. The bad part is there are these small button like things that I can't get off of them They're way too noticeable too. I was trying to pry them off with a letter opener, but only got one off and rest aren't budging *sadness*
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #56902
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Agh. My brain keeps wandering to other cosplays to do. I'm thinking that if my group is okay with it, doing Yui from SAO with them instead of Silica (it's much cheaper and I don't have to worry about Pina) and getting Inori sometime later. Then I'm also starting to watch Amnesia so I kinda want to cosplay Orion..but..
Agh. Plaaaans. stahppp.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #56903
Curucar

Lesson of the day: while plywood provides sharper, crisper edges, it's also a crapton more dense than actual wood and is a pain in the ASS to sand down. ;_;
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #56904
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

My University is offering a History course in the fall that will focus on Japanese Film and Anime! Where the hell can I sign up?! I am so glad I'm a History major!

I wonder if that means I can show to class more often in full cosplay?
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #56905
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I made Mama Greece's toga. Like I expected it was very quick and simple. I do need some bicycle shorts to wear under it though.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #56906
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Well, Ohayocon's done and I've come to a few realizations. I've retired a few cosplays because I am never going to wear them again. I've decided to halt working on a few because I'm not sure if I'd have fun wearing them. Luckily they were closet cosplays to begin with and I hadn't done any extra work on them yet.

On the plus side, I got two wigs which finished off one cosplay and got 5 more closer to being done. I also got a couple of ideas for a few new cosplays, too.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #56907
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

So i got a wig for Gasai Yuno, i'm kind of worried as to whether it will look as i think it will or be of good quality. (i spaz like this all the time though.) I don't think it comes styled, but thats quite alright, i'll style it. That just means i might need to buy sme Got2B

I'll have to wait and see whether or not it's good when it arrives.XD

I'm kind of looking forward to doing the makeup for her character.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #56908
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

How I ever convinced myself to read five different mangas at a time, I will never know. I do know, however, that I want to cosplay from every single one! Why does this always happen to me???
On a less obsessive note, all I have to do tomorrow is continue to work on my science fair project, so I have most of the day to do some cosplay stuff^^
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #56909
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
How I ever convinced myself to read five different mangas at a time, I will never know. I do know, however, that I want to cosplay from every single one! Why does this always happen to me???
On a less obsessive note, all I have to do tomorrow is continue to work on my science fair project, so I have most of the day to do some cosplay stuff^^
If it helps, I'm in the middle of something like 7 animes. xD Madoka, [K], Amnesia, Cuticle Detective Inaba, Aria the Scarlet Ammo, and some more. Some of them because they're still in progress, most just out of plain laziness.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #56910
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I'm reading three mangas right now, Pokémon, D. Gray man, and Durarara. Yup...

Anyway, my costume is nearly finished. I just need to get my hands on a wig--and fast. My first con is in a week and I think the wig I want will probably take three days to get here. Two at the very least. I don't really care I just want it.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote