Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #56911
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,698
Finally finished Air. Dang it Key and your feels.... I really want to cosplay Haruko or Misuzu(the version of her near the end in the white dress). I could possibly fit in Haruko due to the simplicity of her outfit and my friend is getting a long red wig...
__________________
Working on...
|Parvati Sakura(Fate/Grand Order)|Fem Arjuna(Fate/Grand Order)|Gudako(Fate/Grand Order)| Elegant Mad Queen Ryan(Achievement Hunter)|Shura(Vol 17 cover, Ao no Exorcist)

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #56912
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...
 
DarkCloudInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,879
I hope I'm not being too ambitious trying to customize a wig for Krad from DNAngel. Hopefully, I won't hate myself by the end of the con for wearing such an annoying thing.
__________________
Facebook|Instagram
RWBY: Blake Belladonna - Gambol Shroud FUNCTIONAL: Done!
---
Planned Cosplay 2017 - Everything all gold, woo!
Gilgamesh [Fate Series]
Kayle - The Judicator [League of Legends]
Sagitarrius Aiolis [Saint Seiya]
Genji [Overwatch - Ocre]
9S [Nier]
Geralt [Witcher 3 - Wolven]
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #56913
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I can help somewhat I think.... Also try typing the english name into it and see what common symbols pop up and you can use it to figure out the name of the item? I used that to find Kuroko no Basuke stuff on there. There is also these:

Taobao Store list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0X2tJbkE#gid=0

Taobao Dictionary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WwzT EE#gid=0

Good luck!~
Eeee this is super helpful! Thanks so much for posting that~


PS - You should totally come back to Sakura-Con soon~
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #56914
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed
 
Reily96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,333
Soooo another con has ended. Aside from feeling like I've been hit by a train now since it was three days of dressing up and very little sleep, I had a blast. I have to say, I have never felt more loved in cosplay than I have in pony cosplays. Everyone absolutely loved my Derpy and Rarity - heck, I was even asked for autographs in-character. Try to ignore that Rarity and Derpy's signatures look similar but yeah. XD It was really fun, and I think I love the brony community even more now. X3

My only regret - meeting Nicole Oliver and not being able to string two sentences together. For real, I wasn't actually nervous until I was like right there at the table. Then I was just like, "I DREW SOMETHING FOR YOU." And Awkward Rarity awkwardly handed her a drawing. XD She's so nice and funny, though. X3
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #56915
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth
 
Ineedaname9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Eeee this is super helpful! Thanks so much for posting that~


PS - You should totally come back to Sakura-Con soon~
Np~ I love buying wigs off taobao. ^^; I use Taobaonow or Taobaoring usually.

I would love too!~... but I'm at University now which has me in debt... can't see myself spending 1000$+ to get my butt there right now. I'm considering going to grad school up there...(So maybe in two-three years)
__________________
Working on: Thorin Oakenshield - The Hobbit, Jon Snow - GoT, Deathstroke - Teen Titans
Events: Hoku Kon 15, Amazing Hawaii Comic Con, Hawaii Amine Matsuri
Photography Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #56916
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Np~ I love buying wigs off taobao. ^^; I use Taobaonow or Taobaoring usually.

I would love too!~... but I'm at University now which has me in debt... can't see myself spending 1000$+ to get my butt there right now. I'm considering going to grad school up there...(So maybe in two-three years)
I feel like I should know more about TaoBao than I do. It seems like such a useful site, because cheaper cosplay products.

And I feel you on the university debt thing. .-. It's still early, but are you looking at any particular grad schools yet?
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #56917
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth
 
Ineedaname9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I feel like I should know more about TaoBao than I do. It seems like such a useful site, because cheaper cosplay products.

And I feel you on the university debt thing. .-. It's still early, but are you looking at any particular grad schools yet?
Taobao is an awesome site for cheap cosplay stuff. I don't have pierced ears and its pretty hard to find stuff that cater to that in the states but I've found a few places on Taobao that do.

I'm lucky I went the cheap route by going UH's Community College program. I should only end up owing $10,000 in loans when I get my BA. I'm currently looking at Washington State University....not a lot of schools on the west coast have what I'm interested in sadly. (European/Middle East History)
__________________
Working on: Thorin Oakenshield - The Hobbit, Jon Snow - GoT, Deathstroke - Teen Titans
Events: Hoku Kon 15, Amazing Hawaii Comic Con, Hawaii Amine Matsuri
Photography Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #56918
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I can help somewhat I think.... Also try typing the english name into it and see what common symbols pop up and you can use it to figure out the name of the item? I used that to find Kuroko no Basuke stuff on there. There is also these:

Taobao Store list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0X2tJbkE#gid=0

Taobao Dictionary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WwzT EE#gid=0

Good luck!~
Sweet! Thank you so much for posting this, maybe I can finally start to understand TaoBao. XD
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #56919
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn
 
Royalbakaness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 553
So I realized the other day that I have a skirt that almost perfectly matches the skirt Eponine wears in the Les Misérables movie. However, it's black and I need it to be more of a brown. I'm not really keen with the idea of dyeing it, though, as I wear the skirt relatively often and really like it black. And I can't seem to find another one anywhere. So frustrating! >_<
__________________
A swirled ice-cream cone of good and evil
http://royalbakaness.deviantart.com/
Royalbakaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #56920
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer
 
Kayla Marie C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
I'm now in the process of doing major brain surgery on this sailor moon wig. Let the long process begin!
__________________
Cosplay Progress


Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - 100%- Complete!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Progress- 10%
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #56921
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,698
I can't find my bottle of fake blood. >_< Dang it, I was planing on doing a Badbye version Gumi mini-shoot today but I needed that blood. Guess I probably will do a Heroine shoot in order to test how the tattoo paper works. Now to wait for my sister to get home...
__________________
Working on...
|Parvati Sakura(Fate/Grand Order)|Fem Arjuna(Fate/Grand Order)|Gudako(Fate/Grand Order)| Elegant Mad Queen Ryan(Achievement Hunter)|Shura(Vol 17 cover, Ao no Exorcist)

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #56922
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I can't find my bottle of fake blood. >_< Dang it, I was planing on doing a Badbye version Gumi mini-shoot today but I needed that blood. Guess I probably will do a Heroine shoot in order to test how the tattoo paper works. Now to wait for my sister to get home...
Fake blood is fun. <3
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #56923
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak
 
chibierwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 636
Made some progress today! I finished modifying Yusuke's shirt, started painting Cain's cross, got the straps hot glued to the oracle bell, and finished final budgeting for Yusuke. I'm now gonna go sew the second set of snaps onto Syaoran's cloak.
__________________
Tumblr - DeviantArt
Works in Progress: Shinji: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Link: Windwaker Link - Intern: Welcome to Night Vale - Celes Revamp: Grand Guignol Orchestra - Near: Death Note - Ed: Cowboy Bebop
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #56924
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer
 
Pirogoeth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 990
I have decided, as much as I want to do all the little things to get Gaz, Piro (B4K4), and Wolfwood finished this weekend, I need to clean my room. It's been a wreck for months, mostly because we've been out of town on the weekends. During the week I've either had class, or just want to enjoy being home after work during winter break. This weekend, I have no excuse. I just need to gather a few DVDs together, hunker down, and get that room clean! Then I can move on and finish costumes and get others progressing again. Blah.
__________________
Currently working on: 20th Century Doctor Who Fangirl, Star Trek Fangirl, Steampunk Dawn

2018 Conventions: Marcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #56925
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Taobao is an awesome site for cheap cosplay stuff. I don't have pierced ears and its pretty hard to find stuff that cater to that in the states but I've found a few places on Taobao that do.

I'm lucky I went the cheap route by going UH's Community College program. I should only end up owing $10,000 in loans when I get my BA. I'm currently looking at Washington State University....not a lot of schools on the west coast have what I'm interested in sadly. (European/Middle East History)
WSU is a huge party school. I think they have the biggest party school reputation out of all the major universities in WA State. Not that that necessarily means their programs are badly run, though. Probably I can track down someone I know who went to WSU if you have any questions you want to ask? They'll probably only have BA-level information, though. I thiiiink one guy from the year below me went to WSU for a history major, actually. Most of my high school graduating class went to either UW or Central Washington University.



Unrelated: 66 days until con time. Here is an accurate representation of cons sneaking up on me:

__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Lost Cause
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.