Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1126 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #56926
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Finally finished Air. Dang it Key and your feels.... I really want to cosplay Haruko or Misuzu(the version of her near the end in the white dress). I could possibly fit in Haruko due to the simplicity of her outfit and my friend is getting a long red wig...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #56927
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I hope I'm not being too ambitious trying to customize a wig for Krad from DNAngel. Hopefully, I won't hate myself by the end of the con for wearing such an annoying thing.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #56928
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I can help somewhat I think.... Also try typing the english name into it and see what common symbols pop up and you can use it to figure out the name of the item? I used that to find Kuroko no Basuke stuff on there. There is also these:

Taobao Store list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0X2tJbkE#gid=0

Taobao Dictionary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WwzT EE#gid=0

Good luck!~
Eeee this is super helpful! Thanks so much for posting that~

PS - You should totally come back to Sakura-Con soon~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #56929
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Soooo another con has ended. Aside from feeling like I've been hit by a train now since it was three days of dressing up and very little sleep, I had a blast. I have to say, I have never felt more loved in cosplay than I have in pony cosplays. Everyone absolutely loved my Derpy and Rarity - heck, I was even asked for autographs in-character. Try to ignore that Rarity and Derpy's signatures look similar but yeah. XD It was really fun, and I think I love the brony community even more now. X3

My only regret - meeting Nicole Oliver and not being able to string two sentences together. For real, I wasn't actually nervous until I was like right there at the table. Then I was just like, "I DREW SOMETHING FOR YOU." And Awkward Rarity awkwardly handed her a drawing. XD She's so nice and funny, though. X3
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #56930
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Eeee this is super helpful! Thanks so much for posting that~

PS - You should totally come back to Sakura-Con soon~
Np~ I love buying wigs off taobao. ^^; I use Taobaonow or Taobaoring usually.

I would love too!~... but I'm at University now which has me in debt... can't see myself spending 1000$+ to get my butt there right now. I'm considering going to grad school up there...(So maybe in two-three years)

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #56931
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Np~ I love buying wigs off taobao. ^^; I use Taobaonow or Taobaoring usually.

I would love too!~... but I'm at University now which has me in debt... can't see myself spending 1000$+ to get my butt there right now. I'm considering going to grad school up there...(So maybe in two-three years)
I feel like I should know more about TaoBao than I do. It seems like such a useful site, because cheaper cosplay products.

And I feel you on the university debt thing. .-. It's still early, but are you looking at any particular grad schools yet?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #56932
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I feel like I should know more about TaoBao than I do. It seems like such a useful site, because cheaper cosplay products.

And I feel you on the university debt thing. .-. It's still early, but are you looking at any particular grad schools yet?
Taobao is an awesome site for cheap cosplay stuff. I don't have pierced ears and its pretty hard to find stuff that cater to that in the states but I've found a few places on Taobao that do.

I'm lucky I went the cheap route by going UH's Community College program. I should only end up owing $10,000 in loans when I get my BA. I'm currently looking at Washington State University....not a lot of schools on the west coast have what I'm interested in sadly. (European/Middle East History)

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #56933
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I can help somewhat I think.... Also try typing the english name into it and see what common symbols pop up and you can use it to figure out the name of the item? I used that to find Kuroko no Basuke stuff on there. There is also these:

Taobao Store list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0X2tJbkE#gid=0

Taobao Dictionary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WwzT EE#gid=0

Good luck!~
Sweet! Thank you so much for posting this, maybe I can finally start to understand TaoBao. XD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #56934
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

So I realized the other day that I have a skirt that almost perfectly matches the skirt Eponine wears in the Les Misérables movie. However, it's black and I need it to be more of a brown. I'm not really keen with the idea of dyeing it, though, as I wear the skirt relatively often and really like it black. And I can't seem to find another one anywhere. So frustrating! >_<
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #56935
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

I'm now in the process of doing major brain surgery on this sailor moon wig. Let the long process begin!

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #56936
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I can't find my bottle of fake blood. >_< Dang it, I was planing on doing a Badbye version Gumi mini-shoot today but I needed that blood. Guess I probably will do a Heroine shoot in order to test how the tattoo paper works. Now to wait for my sister to get home...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #56937
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I can't find my bottle of fake blood. >_< Dang it, I was planing on doing a Badbye version Gumi mini-shoot today but I needed that blood. Guess I probably will do a Heroine shoot in order to test how the tattoo paper works. Now to wait for my sister to get home...
Fake blood is fun. <3

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #56938
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Made some progress today! I finished modifying Yusuke's shirt, started painting Cain's cross, got the straps hot glued to the oracle bell, and finished final budgeting for Yusuke. I'm now gonna go sew the second set of snaps onto Syaoran's cloak.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #56939
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I have decided, as much as I want to do all the little things to get Gaz, Piro (B4K4), and Wolfwood finished this weekend, I need to clean my room. It's been a wreck for months, mostly because we've been out of town on the weekends. During the week I've either had class, or just want to enjoy being home after work during winter break. This weekend, I have no excuse. I just need to gather a few DVDs together, hunker down, and get that room clean! Then I can move on and finish costumes and get others progressing again. Blah.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #56940
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Taobao is an awesome site for cheap cosplay stuff. I don't have pierced ears and its pretty hard to find stuff that cater to that in the states but I've found a few places on Taobao that do.

I'm lucky I went the cheap route by going UH's Community College program. I should only end up owing $10,000 in loans when I get my BA. I'm currently looking at Washington State University....not a lot of schools on the west coast have what I'm interested in sadly. (European/Middle East History)
WSU is a huge party school. I think they have the biggest party school reputation out of all the major universities in WA State. Not that that necessarily means their programs are badly run, though. Probably I can track down someone I know who went to WSU if you have any questions you want to ask? They'll probably only have BA-level information, though. I thiiiink one guy from the year below me went to WSU for a history major, actually. Most of my high school graduating class went to either UW or Central Washington University.

Unrelated: 66 days until con time. Here is an accurate representation of cons sneaking up on me:

- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14