Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 945 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #56941
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Right now, l'm fangirling so hard about cosplaying Soviet!Russia \=w=/
l already have boots, a pair of pants I can dye black. So next stop is a thrift store to find a black coat to alter, or even so buy fabric to make it. I found a good wig that could work for Russia as well, but I'm not getting that just yet...but hopefully soon.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #56942
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I ordered some items last weekend.

[A wooden sword, an Assassin's Creed II buckle and four silver buckles]. And now I'm paranoid about the fact that I might be screwed over again by the person that's making the AC buckle.

Long story short I bought from another seller on Etsy that was going to make the buckle for me. And he pretty much kept stringing me along for a month until I ended up filing a claim on Paypal to get my money back. Let's hope with this new seller she doesn't do the same. Or else I will be angry.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #56943
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Using my sewing machine for the first time today! I officially have two things sewn together. (Small victories.)

I have a basic "learn to sew" skirt pattern, specified notions, and scrap fabric. Wish me luck. :3

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #56944
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Words
O.o I don't think I'll have the problem of parties. >.> I pretty straight laced, though manly because I think drinking is a waste of money and sour.

Also I totally feel that way too. My con is 53 days away T_T. I'm like 'go away' or when I''m around my friends I ask or them not to mention it. So much crap to get done! T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Sweet! Thank you so much for posting this, maybe I can finally start to understand TaoBao. XD
NP. ^^; If they where mine I'd make a thread with it but they're not mine so it doesn't feel quite right?

I have another one but it's more catered toward Lolita: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KNzhwVHc#gid=0

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #56945
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Finished the little mini-shoot for Heroine. ^_^ While wearing her I felt it was too...plain. Well, at least I think it's supposed to be like that since she has been described as being too plain in game. Have to go through the pictures now. Currently went from 185 to only 44 pictures and still deleting...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #56946
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I have another one but it's more catered toward Lolita: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KNzhwVHc#gid=0
I love you, thank you so much XD Taobao has been lost on me for the longest time.

Also, wow. I get way too excited over little things and blow little things I have to make out of proportion. For the longest time I've been worried about having to make horns if I want to do demon Ririchiyo..and after seeing a model on Taobao wearing a pair and thinking "That looks almost like toilet paper rolls.." I decided to get one and see what I could do about it. Then I remembered I have these sturdy paper claws I was going to use for Dead Master that would be perfect for the pointed end. Now I have actually made something for a costume that' half decent. :'D //Still a newbie and usually really bad at crafts
I just need to make the edges smoother and all and see about painting them, then we'll see how they look. Unfortunately paper (or duct tape, as I'm using) mache has always been the part of crafts that I'm HORRIBLE at.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #56947
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Worked for a bit on Richter's scythe/axe thingy. While that's drying, I'm going to try and tackle pattern reading. Although the first thing I noticed is that I forgot to buy interfacing. Boo.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll need something else from Joann next weekend anyway.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #56948
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Really happy with what I got done today! I FINALLY finished Cain's cross, modified Yusuke's shirt, finished the new oracle bell, figured out my AUSA schedule, investigated T-MODE, and made an accessory for a character which I probably won't end up cosplaying anytime soon. I also found the kimono that I originally wanted to use for Shigure, which is a BIG relief!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #56949
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Mother has soooo many patterns in this house, so how is it that I cannot find a pattern that fits the dress that I need to make!?!?!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil: DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #56950
usuyukisou

Arda just released a new Candy Striper.

Y U DO THIS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT?!
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #56951
momomilk

Being wishy washy and having difficulty on who I want to cosplay >o< *pulls hair*! I change to much and my list of cosplays I want to do is toooo long!
Free! - Haruka Nanase

momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #56952
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Working on Skyward Sword/Skyloft Link today. My cat is missing so I'm using it as a distraction.

I miss Salem and hope he comes home soon...
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #56953
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

After reviewing my AUSA list, I am really glad that I started working on my cosplays already! I have A LOT to do before September. Most of it is maintenance remaking plus Yusuke's wig 0.o
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #56954
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

... Taking a break from making trim. Such a pain but it looks so pretty I can't wait to sew it. I only need to finish one more stip of it. Or well hopefully only one more strip. Idk if I can put up with making any more....

Also, worked on my Slade armor today. I just can't find my cardboard cutter thing to get the inner circle the right shape....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I love you, thank you so much XD Taobao has been lost on me for the longest time.
Np. Taobao is quite awesome. ^^

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #56955
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Horrible things are going on in my brain. VERY HORRIBLE THINGS. More specifically, all the cosplays I want to right now are kimono cosplays. Male and female, I WANT TO DIVE IN KIMONO COSPLAY GOODNESS. Even better is that during this past con, I came across a seller of various different types of kimono... including hakama that could fit this pint-sized cosplayer. AND FOR $40! FFFFFFFFFFFF- if only it had been the right color... whatever the case, he says he drops by all the Florida cons and gave me his store information. He also promised a much larger stock for the next big con down in South Florida so I KNOW WHERE I'M HEADING WHEN THE VENDOR ROOM OPENS THEN DURR HURR.

AAAAAAAAAAH, maybe this weekend I can get some of my kimono work done so I can feel productive. ... Though now I'm wondering what I can wear to the Spring Fair the Japanese Gardens have... I'd love to whip out my kimono cosplay, but the fair is on grass and I'd hate to wear a trailing kimono on grass - especially if it rains. *shudder* Maybe one of my kimono crossplays will be done by then... hmmm...
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote