Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 937 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #56956
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Worked for a bit on Richter's scythe/axe thingy. While that's drying, I'm going to try and tackle pattern reading. Although the first thing I noticed is that I forgot to buy interfacing. Boo.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll need something else from Joann next weekend anyway.
It looks awesome!

Finally got all of the pictures of my Heroine from Fate/Extra cosplay up. That took wayyyy longer than I thought it would.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #56957
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
O.o I don't think I'll have the problem of parties. >.> I pretty straight laced, though manly because I think drinking is a waste of money and sour.
Might be a distracting atmosphere, though. I feel the same way about drinking...

In other news, I FINALLY MADE A THING!

Er, I mean I got off my lazy ass and more or less completed my first GMG Erza mockup. Because you can bet there'll be another one after this. There are no less than 5 major seams held together with safety pins. Also, I'm missing half of my collar. .-. But I technically only need half of it since it'll (attempt to be) symmetrical. And the bottom of the jacket is technically the old mockup of a skirt that I did for my Queen Frostine dress that I found lying around in a pile! : D Cheating! Reusing bits of fabric that have been prepatterned to fit me! It was even the right length~ But it was about 5 inches not wide enough, so I sort of... pinned some fabric over the gaps to give it the right look. Temporarily. Until I make my second mockup. Because I'm going to make a princess-seamed jacket, because they fit me better and more comfortably.

So I'm going to seamrip all the seams in the vest and continue cutting down into the skirt portion so that I can work them into the long pattern pieces I need for the final draft.

My method of sewing is needlessly complicated.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #56958
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

It's interesting to see a lot of videographers coming into the scene now. As SLR's with high quality filming coming into the prosumer market, it's almost unsurprising but the equipment to fully utilize the capabilities such as stabilizers is still over the market.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #56959
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Horrible things are going on in my brain. VERY HORRIBLE THINGS. More specifically, all the cosplays I want to right now are kimono cosplays. Male and female, I WANT TO DIVE IN KIMONO COSPLAY GOODNESS. Even better is that during this past con, I came across a seller of various different types of kimono... including hakama that could fit this pint-sized cosplayer. AND FOR $40! FFFFFFFFFFFF- if only it had been the right color... whatever the case, he says he drops by all the Florida cons and gave me his store information. He also promised a much larger stock for the next big con down in South Florida so I KNOW WHERE I'M HEADING WHEN THE VENDOR ROOM OPENS THEN DURR HURR.

AAAAAAAAAAH, maybe this weekend I can get some of my kimono work done so I can feel productive. ... Though now I'm wondering what I can wear to the Spring Fair the Japanese Gardens have... I'd love to whip out my kimono cosplay, but the fair is on grass and I'd hate to wear a trailing kimono on grass - especially if it rains. *shudder* Maybe one of my kimono crossplays will be done by then... hmmm...
OMG I know the feeling. XD Although there's no cool kimono sellers here who go to cons.. I wish there was.. it seems so awesome hahaah.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #56960
Nippi

Heeeeeeeeey, I'm doin' some kimono stuff myself. I was going to go full on binge mode tomorrow and whip up a practice one out of some muslin I bought. If it all goes well I should have a cheap nagajuban or whatever they're called and it will go with the costume I'm making later on as well .

I've been watching make-up videos for the past two days, now I really want to go grab a bunch of stuff to experiment/practice with so I can look jawesome and believable in costume.
Nippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #56961
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

All this talk about kimonos is making me want to just go to Jo-Ann's this weekend and get fabric to make a yukata, or two. I went to an awesome panel about kimono this past weekend and I've got some ideas for cosplays, but I have no money! Also, from what they said, I'd be better off making my own because it would take a lot of hunting and probably money to find one that's long enough to fit this 5' 10" girl.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #56962
Ilafatyu
That guy

Weft came in weft came in weft came in. I've been waiting since November, and they finally restocked and the weft came in.

...Came in, to a friend's house. Can't wait until tonight when she can drop it off and we can take to it like monkeys on crack.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #56963
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I ended up watching Loveless with my roommate. We ended up cosplaying as Soubi and Ritsuka for Halloween.

Now, I'm debating on throwing together a Yuiko cosplay from the show. Wig, wefts, pink ears and tail. Crap.

I need to stop. I have already set my cosplays for this year! Maybe start planning for 2014 or is it too soon for that?
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #56964
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I need to stop. I have already set my cosplays for this year! Maybe start planning for 2014 or is it too soon for that?
It's never too early to start planning for 2014. XD I already have my two big cosplays figured out and I'm probably going to end up working on them early.

Quote:

Unread 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #56965
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

The sword comes in today! I'm so excited!

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #56966
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Trying to figure out what cosplay to do next... I'm trying to fight my way out of the addictive Homestuck issue I have but problem is I just can't decide what to cosplay that ISN'T Homestuck.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #56967
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Out of boredom, I started working on Chizuru! Which equals to me cutting the haori out and pinning it. XD I have no motivation to do anything today...

Quote:

Unread 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #56968
Akahime
Red Princess

OMG. Someone. Someone please just slap me or something (or motivate me) so that I can finally get a start on the one cosplay that I need for an April con. I haven't started on anything yet. ;w; I loveeee Cater but... I can't seem to find the motivation to start on her. I got everything except materials for her weapon. WAHHHHHH! ; o; someonejustshootmealready.

and for some reason this also reminds me to look up the iron print-it papers stuff for fabric online since it's too expensive to buy them via stores. LMAO I need some for my cosplays so I can officially be 101% done with them. HAHA.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #56969
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Excited that my wonderflex came in yesterday! Now I can start on my gauntlets for Morgiana.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).....Progress 5%
Haruhi (OHSHC)............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY)...............Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, JPOP Summit, NorCal Gathering Summer, Japan EXPO, Magical Girls Gathering, Sac Anime Summer, Yaoi Con, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #56970
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Out of boredom, I started working on Chizuru! Which equals to me cutting the haori out and pinning it. XD I have no motivation to do anything today...
OMG Chizuru!!

Hahah, I know that feeling. xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote