Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #56986
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
To throw on another on my list of kimono crossplay, I decided I wanted to do Kenshin of RuroKen. NOSTALGIA TOLD ME TO DO IT. So as I'm looking at all these bajillions of references, I find myself getting really pissed off because I can't identify his hair color. The manga seems to have it pretty consistent - all my manga covers have more or less the same shade of orange - and seeing as RuroKen is my most collected manga, I can say that with some confidence. But the anime pics seem to change from an orangey brown to just plain brown and I DON'T KNOW. I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I think I'll just stick with the manga's orange since that's the most consistent...
KENSHIN OMG! <3
I know what you mean though, I totally had that problem as well! xD

I will cosplay Battousai to my next con! Currently watching the anime.. it's high time I finally got into it for real. Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first series I ever took interest in so I wonder why in the first place it took me this long to start watching/reading it. OTL And actually, I knew I wanted to cosplay Kenshin even before getting into the series, hehehe.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #56987
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Looks like she took down the blog.

She was basically giving her bogus "rules for cosplay" listing how crossplay is a no-go,you should always cosplay your own gender and if you're overweight, you shouldn't cosplay anyone who isn't overweight because you'll never pull it off ever. She also had like eight other rules, and if you couldn't comply, then you should just "sit back and watch the show."

The whole thing reeked of elitist snobbery and a serious attitude problem.
Yep^ The whole thing was debunked by a blog on tumblr called Not Bad Cosplay. I watched the whole thing go down last night. If anyone wants to read the full version, I have a link to a repost. Here ya go: http://notbadcosplay.tumblr.com/post...les-of-cosplay
What's even worse is that someone has found photos of her own cosplays and they don't even follow these rules. Her costume quality doesn't even give her the "authority" to say these things. The whole thing is just a pile of rage.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #56988
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Currently looking for blazers to cosplay SSL version Chizuru for Otakon. I'm so weak when it comes to adding cosplays to my list. XD Thankfully I have most of the pieces for it already. Just need the blazer and the wig, which I'm already going to be getting for the other Chizuru version.
Oh! I can't wait to see photos of this! xD

*~In progress~*

Unread 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #56989
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Yep^ The whole thing was debunked by a blog on tumblr called Not Bad Cosplay. I watched the whole thing go down last night. If anyone wants to read the full version, I have a link to a repost. Here ya go: http://notbadcosplay.tumblr.com/post...les-of-cosplay
What's even worse is that someone has found photos of her own cosplays and they don't even follow these rules. Her costume quality doesn't even give her the "authority" to say these things. The whole thing is just a pile of rage.
Wow. I couldn't even really read through it because of how infuriating it was. Some people are just...blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Oh! I can't wait to see photos of this! xD
I'm really excited for it too. XD Of course I'm going to roast in middle of August with the 3 layers she has on but that's okay!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #56990
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Darn it. With all this talk of kimono cosplays, I seem to have upgraded my Tsukikage Ran to possible rather than just an idea. It's amazing how just a little research can bring the overall cost way down. It's still not cheap, and I've got so many I'm working on, it'll be a bit before I can get to her. But I will get to her!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #56991
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

I was at a restaurant this passed Sunday, and I was talking about cosplaying with my friend (who also does so it wasn't weird or anything) about how I'm going to cosplay Hungary (who also likes Hetalia) and I told her about since I currently do not have a sewing machine (i'll actually get to that in sec) i'd have to sew her outfit by hand (her green maid outfit it's pretty standard but yeah I know). I'd have trouble with it since it's by hand, but i've sewn by hand before and she makes this face saying that "oh you probably should do it by machine", so then she tells me that I could come to her house and sew the costume; but I should have everything ready, like have the pattern cut out and all other materials but I think that was pretty much common sense. I've met and talked to her before but I just hope it's not too weird for me to ask if I could come over =w=;;
ALSO, my sister's considering buying me a sewing machine \=w=/ ! She's thinking of buying me one around the time grandma comes to visit us (hopefully she does) so she can show me how to use it since she's the master seamstress in our family xP.

Black Widow (escape with Steve ver.), Captain America 2 - In progress

Halloween 2014:
Black Widow (Falcon's house ver.), Captain America 2 - Finished

Winter 2014:
Elsa, Frozen - In progress

Others:
Black Widow, Captain America 2 ver.
Black Widow (Leather jacket ver.), Captain America 2
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #56992
Akahime
Red Princess

Why did it take me 2 horus to redo Chie of Persona 4's skirt? WHY???!!! ; 3; Cater's skirt wasn't as long but it took up time too. But I'm 100% satisfied with what they look like so I guess I shouldn't be really complaining. ; w;

Up next! Cater's Jacket, cape/neck scarf thing, and her backpack. (Saving the props and non-fabric material stuff for last, lol). I did so much reference seeking yesterday it's crazy. ; w; I needed to see what other cosplayers did for Cater and see fan art for more reference. I gathered a lot thanks to tumblrrrrrrr. Been on there lately. >>;;

I've also been debating if I should do July of Darker than Black at all this year (despite the fact I have fabric for him).
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #56993
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Boyfriend brought home Ni No Kuni so I have been procrastinating D:. Thursday when I get home I am putting it upon myself to cut out my pattern for Morgiana's dress. Got to make my test dress before the real one.. though if the test comes out well I may just use that.
Ruby New Years.........Progress 0%
Secret Cosplay...........Progress 100%
Secret Cosplay 2...........Progress 0%

Conventions for 2014:
NorCal Winter Gathering

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #56994
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I'm really excited for it too. XD Of course I'm going to roast in middle of August with the 3 layers she has on but that's okay!
Haha, I know that feeling. xD
It seems I tend to wear lots of layers during the warmer convention months and then on winter/late autumn cons, when it's colder, I cosplay characters with less layers... I don't even OTL

*~In progress~*

Unread 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #56995
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Haha, I know that feeling. xD
It seems I tend to wear lots of layers during the warmer convention months and then on winter/late autumn cons, when it's colder, I cosplay characters with less layers... OTL
Lol. XD It's the same for me, usually. Middle of winter? Let's cosplay a character with only a pair of jeans and a thin shirt. Middle of summer? Let's wear a winter uniform version of a character with a sweater!

Finished up the base of Chizuru's haori. I never thought being small would be so annoying. >_< I had to trim more than half of the fabric off to get it to fit right on me. That's all I can do on that for now until I can dye the fabric for the collar and triangle things.

Quote:

Unread 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #56996
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Lol. XD It's the same for me, usually. Middle of winter? Let's cosplay a character with only a pair of jeans and a thin shirt. Middle of summer? Let's wear a winter uniform version of a character with a sweater!
I know right!
I have cosplayed Hijikata/Saitou/Kondou to summer cons last year, 3-4 layers of kimono goodness each (shinsengumi haori included) depending on if a fully lined (authentic) kimono counts as two or not.. and then to a winter con in northern Sweden I cosplayed Falkner; Falkner just has a single sleeve-less kimono style top and a jacket with very short sleeves.. and mini hakama. lol I could have picked something a bit warmer. XD

Quote:
Finished up the base of Chizuru's haori. I never thought being small would be so annoying. >_< I had to trim more than half of the fabric off to get it to fit right on me. That's all I can do on that for now until I can dye the fabric for the collar and triangle things.
I demand progress photos! ~

*~In progress~*

Unread 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #56997
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Why is it so hard to find a striped purple and white blazer on the internet? Me and my friends cosplays for Rima and Shiki may be harder than I thought.... atleast we've kinda found what wigs we think will work best.
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #56998
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
I know right!

I demand progress photos! ~
Well it isn't much but yeah. XD It isn't hemmed yet either.

Quote:

Unread 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #56999
Chibi_Miyuki

Just realized that for my next Con, I'll be crossplaying twice...I think I need to start practicing making myself look like a guy.
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #57000
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My wig for Gin showed up! It's not too blonde like I was afraid of (and it looks even more brown in dim light!) I just have to straighten it, and change the band on my fedora, then Gin is finished for Katsucon! ^w^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote