Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 937 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #57076
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm seriously debating about trying to pull together Fate/Extra CCC version of Heroine for AnimeNorth instead of wearing the version from the first game. I'm looking at pictures from last year and the memory of the heat on Friday is coming back. From wearing the blazer for an hour for the shoot, I was already warm. I really don't want to die from the heat. :/ Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: I really don't want to post in the sewing fourms for such a simple question but what kind of shape would I need to make her scarf? I'm guessing rectangle but the way the ends look, it doesn't seem like a rectangle...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 01-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #57077
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Had a very successful mini photo-shoot tonight! Got pictures of Ikki, Shigure, and Cain. I think Cain is becoming one of my favorites! I'm also excited for the new season of Hetalia, it means that Spain can be resurrected
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #57078
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Good news and bad news for my male kimono cosplays - due to having a strong martial arts circuit in my area, I can probably find proper fitting hakama in the local martial arts stores.

Bad news, actual men's kimonos I'm SOL. I'm so pint sized it is really, really difficult to find a men's kimono that would fit me without some severe editing (and in Kenshin's case, it's hard to find the right color too!). It's frustrating, because while women's kimono is more of a pain to put on, I never had to worry if they were too big on me because they're supposed to be bigger. -w- Looks like I'll have to make the actual kimono myself... I am intimidated. D:
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #57079
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Argh....I'm in that rut where I feel like I have to step up my cosplays and crossplays. I need to get into the position to be able to do a few photoshoots to replace all the pathetic self shots in my gallery.

The shiro lolita dress I have for Victoria isn't fitting correctly....go figure....it turns out I need a JSK not an OP. It's kind of really disappointing since it was a Christmas present too :/

A lot of my usual convention friends won't be around for my first convention of the year...so maybe that's what has me a bit down. I guess that's just a chance to try to make new friends...or something. I think if I could solidify my plans and actually get everything done that I was expecting to that would help.

I think right now I'm just wishing that I could live up to my own stupid standards instead of stressing over not being able to live up to anyone else's.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #57080
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
EDIT: I really don't want to post in the sewing fourms for such a simple question but what kind of shape would I need to make her scarf? I'm guessing rectangle but the way the ends look, it doesn't seem like a rectangle...
The ends are tapered, but other than that, it follows a rectangular shape.
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #57081
Khorrupt

I guess I never really thought about what ridiculous lengths cosplayers go to for accuracy until today XD In my history class, we had this assignment about a "living museum", where we had to dress up as an influential American and give a one-minute speech about "our" lives in character. My character was a man, so I got a wig, contoured and highlighted the shit out of my face, made some paper aviator goggles (they don't look like paper), wrapped up my chest, and just pulled some clothes from normal and cosplay stash, and people were, like...legitimately scared of me.

People were like "the hell?" when I'd take off the goggles, and they're just completely hollow, because um, they're made of paper, and I think what freaked people out most of all was the binding. It's never really occured to me that...if you're not a cosplayer, that's probably reeeeeally foreign territory XD These two girls from my class came up to me and they're like, "So, um, I know this is a weird question, but how did you make..them...like, disappear?"

It was hilarious when I told them it was just an ace bandage, and they're like "No! You're joking!"
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #57082
Meaka
Burn My Bread

I really need to start working on some costumes. Hopefully this week, I can fix the pants on Magolor! I'm pretty confident I can finish everything for Katsucon, though odds are if I have to put off one, it might be Homura. Hmm...

Upcoming Cons
AX 2014 || Kotoricon 2015? || Katsucon 2015?

Art Tumblr
Meaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #57083
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Been playing more of Ni no Kuni, and I -REALLY- want to try and get materials together to make Oliver's outfit he gets in Ding Dong Dell. It's just so adorable looking, especially with the cape. <3
[Hatsune Miku-Common World Domination]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #57084
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
I guess I never really thought about what ridiculous lengths cosplayers go to for accuracy until today XD In my history class, we had this assignment about a "living museum", where we had to dress up as an influential American and give a one-minute speech about "our" lives in character. My character was a man, so I got a wig, contoured and highlighted the shit out of my face, made some paper aviator goggles (they don't look like paper), wrapped up my chest, and just pulled some clothes from normal and cosplay stash, and people were, like...legitimately scared of me.

People were like "the hell?" when I'd take off the goggles, and they're just completely hollow, because um, they're made of paper, and I think what freaked people out most of all was the binding. It's never really occured to me that...if you're not a cosplayer, that's probably reeeeeally foreign territory XD These two girls from my class came up to me and they're like, "So, um, I know this is a weird question, but how did you make..them...like, disappear?"

It was hilarious when I told them it was just an ace bandage, and they're like "No! You're joking!"
Ya know I was JUST thinking about this! How even theater buffs don't get into accuracy as much as we do sometimes. It's kind of cool. ;D
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #57085
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
I think I'll plan for a western version of him sometime in the future ^^ Okita is awesome <3!
OMG yes!!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #57086
emmisu
King of Toast

In the spirit of paying my rent I don't think I'm gonna be able to complete Zelda by August
She's so expensive to make (mostly accessory-wize. Those elf ears and contacts and armor mats get pricey)
I'll continue to work on her slowly as I get some extra cash.

But on the upside, the fabric I want for Sakura's blouse is half off at Joanns and I can probably afford to do her since I already have the wig on it's way and it requires about a tenth of the fabric that Zelda does haha

Sakura was my contingency plan in case this happened and I'm still really excited to cosplay her

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #57087
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

My First con tomorrow....still not excited :/
Why not...? ;_;

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #57088
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
My First con tomorrow....still not excited :/
Why not...? ;_;
That's a normal feeling for me. Usually I don't get excited about cons until I'm there actually. 8D Hahaha. You'll feel it once everyone's excitement rubs off on you at the con. You'll definitely have fun!
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #57089
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Good news and bad news for my male kimono cosplays - due to having a strong martial arts circuit in my area, I can probably find proper fitting hakama in the local martial arts stores.

Bad news, actual men's kimonos I'm SOL. I'm so pint sized it is really, really difficult to find a men's kimono that would fit me without some severe editing (and in Kenshin's case, it's hard to find the right color too!). It's frustrating, because while women's kimono is more of a pain to put on, I never had to worry if they were too big on me because they're supposed to be bigger. -w- Looks like I'll have to make the actual kimono myself... I am intimidated. D:
If you can tell me your length in centimeters and what color/patterns you are looking for I can help you out with finding men's kimono.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #57090
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
Btw, is that Usa-man chan?
WHY YESSSSS! <33333 XD

I loveeee Oresama Teacher. 8D So much! <3 lol
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote