Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1126 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #57151
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post

I had to. XD
I figured someone would do that XD

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #57152
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
I knooooow! I wish they would update sooner too </3!
8'D LOL I just wonder how this all will play out. Soooo excited. <3 Since... I know it'll just end up mostly silly and cute :3 LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
I'm baaack from anime day. It was more of a marketplace than a convention, but still awesome. My mom and I only stayed a little over an hour (about an hour and 30 minutes), but it was really nice and gave us a taste of what conventions are like^^ My mom said she liked it!

Time to upload pics now.
3 people took my pictures and I took 11 or 12 pictures of another cosplayers. Oh and I bought a Mikado Ryuugamine plushie :3
Oh yayy! I'm very happy for you! And super happy to know your mom liked it as well. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
It is, I had almost forgot what it felt like XD

Start a new, easier project? LOL
LMAOOO I wished I had easier projects to do. Hahaha. OH WELL. I suppose I can work on a tube top or something. >>;; They're never easy. Either they're in the middle or ... too hard for me. 8D LOL I'm just very horrible at this I think. LOL
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #57153
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

So my dad promised that we could go to New York Comic Con this year and Originally I was going to cosplay Isaak from Trinity Blood. Then I realized that wig on the subway would be hell on earth, so now I'm torn between Saphir from Sailor Moon, Labrador from 07-Ghost and maybe Ion from Trinity Blood DX
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #57154
momomilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
I've uploaded them already. My mom said that I might be able to attend another convention (or two? ;D) this year. She's definitely become a bit more open towards it, especially since I ran into my only true anime-video game-loving friend and her mom there.
Yay! That sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I always hate buying shoes online because I always feel l will end up buying the wrong size.
That's how I feel too! I'm always like, these boots are nice but what if the size isn't right? Cause I know the size I wear but sometimes they can be a bit big or small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
8'D LOL I just wonder how this all will play out. Soooo excited. <3 Since... I know it'll just end up mostly silly and cute :3 LOL
Same here! Either way, it'll still be good :3
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #57155
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Sailor Saturn, why must your shoulder petals require so much structural integrity? T-T

The interfacing in the petals began to buckle, so I've been sewing in transparent horsehair braid to help it remain structurally sound and stabilize it. It is so nerve-wracking, since too much man-handling of the petals will wear them out faster, so I have to be very careful. The whole leotard will be remade eventually to account for my change in posture (the bust is fitted), so I should figure out a new interfacing for the petals that would be a lot stronger. I kinda wonder how a craft foam would hold up.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #57156
Curucar

DAMN YOU, DENVER FABRICS. I totally just spent $55 on 3 yards of fabric. On LINEN fabric. I never thought linen would run for $17/yard. x_x
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #57157
Khorrupt

I'm still chuckling in my head.

Last Friday, I asked my theatre teacher, who has a prop gun to use during plays, if I could borrow it to use to take a few shots for a costume. She had no problem with it, other than the fact that there would be "a student with a gun walking around." (All it does when you pull the trigger is make a clicking sound, and you can't even put anything in it. But it looks pretty legit.)

She actually took my bag and buried it under all my books and papers herself and then gave it back to me and practically yelled, "DON'T TAKE THAT THING OUT AT SCHOOL. Have fun!"

It was almost more fun accquiring the prop than it was taking pictures.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #57158
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

First world problems:

I've found a red kimono I can easily fiddle with and turn into a male kimono for Kenshin. What's the problem? It's a synthetic fabric and I'm thinking, "But they didn't have synthetic fabrics in the 1870s!"
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #57159
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
LMAOOO I wished I had easier projects to do. Hahaha. OH WELL. I suppose I can work on a tube top or something. >>;; They're never easy. Either they're in the middle or ... too hard for me. 8D LOL I'm just very horrible at this I think. LOL
I think you're just falling in love with the wrong characters LOL My problem is quite the opposite, all of my costumes are too easy, with the exception of a few (like Eva *shakefist*), and therefore I don't have many real OMGAMAZING cosplays =/

But seriously, watch more anime with like school uniforms or regular-ish clothed people, you'd be surprised how easy some costumes can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
...I'm torn between Saphir from Sailor Moon, Labrador from 07-Ghost and maybe Ion from Trinity Blood DX
You know my vote =X

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!

Last edited by Sinnocent : 01-27-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #57160
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm thinking of getting a small Greek flag for Mama Greece. She represents Greece before they had that flag but I think it would help it read as a Hetalia cosplay. Since it's not a military uniform, it doesn't look like one would think Hetalia cosplay would.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #57161
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
That's how I feel too! I'm always like, these boots are nice but what if the size isn't right? Cause I know the size I wear but sometimes they can be a bit big or small.
Yeah, usually for me, my sandal shoe size ranges from 6 1/2-8 depending on the brand. -_- I did find a pair of sandals I like on ebay that would work well for Saber and I'm crossing my fingers a size 7 will fit me.

Also I realized it was probably not a smart idea to put a piece of Hakuouki art that I got at Kotoricon near my bed. It's making me want to work on Chizuru again. And then I stumbled on this piece of art which made me realize how many alternate outfits Chizuru has. 0_0 And a part of me really wants to attempt some, if not all of them.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #57162
Ilafatyu
That guy

-strokes hair extensions- Never leave me again.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #57163
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I keep getting coupons for Joanne's but I have no money! Wednesday get here so can I buy supplies to make Stocking's sword!

I wonder if I can give these coupons to anyone else on here?
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #57164
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I wonder whether I should still try to get for the wig I wanted for Luxray or not. But then again my next gijinka is Jolteon so I'm thinking that I should ask to make Jolteon and then get both Jolteon and Luxray's towards the end of February next month. I don't think Jolteon wil take very long to make or cost a lot. (most of it can be thrifted)

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #57165
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I got a lot of progress done on cosplay. I cut out my red inner robe fabric and light blue lining for Seymour, in between glueing my Slade armor. >.>

Also, I worked on my hakama for Jin today~ Almost done? I need to do the pleats and add the other crotch leg piece but...OMG SO MUCH FABRIC! I decided to go with the more historically accurate tutorial to make it and I compared it to the modern hakama my friend lent me, so much difference in amount of fabric. However, once I finish it I think it'll look pretty good.

I'm just crying over the fact I have to make another one for Hijikata. T_T

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote