Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #57166
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I think you're just falling in love with the wrong characters LOL My problem is quite the opposite, all of my costumes are too easy, with the exception of a few (like Eva *shakefist*), and therefore I don't have many real OMGAMAZING cosplays =/

But seriously, watch more anime with like school uniforms or regular-ish clothed people, you'd be surprised how easy some costumes can be.
HAHAHA. You know what, you're right. I REALLY MUST BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG CHARACTERS. A LOT OF THEM DIE ANYWAYS. I SHALL GO FOR THE ONES I DISLIKE. (hahaha, yeah right, I probably can't do that)

HAHAHAHA. I promised myself to never do school uniforms (more like fukus) ever again. But I do agree though. Regularish clothed people are easier to make for because you can most likely just go to a thrift store and buy them. 8D LOL

I haven't been catch up with any new animes at all lately. I've been reading mangas and even then I haven't catch up with any other mangas. The only old ones I do keep reading are: Naruto, Oresama Teacher, Skip Beat, Kuroko no Baseket, and sometimes 'Say you Love me' plus Fairy Tail. >>;; THOUGH, YEAHHHH. Well when Sailor Moon comes out again, I'm totally watching that one. HAHAHAHA. Lately I play more video games than I watch anime/read manga now. >>;; Too busy with work to be able to do all of those three. *lesigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
Same here! Either way, it'll still be good :3
ooh yeahhhhh~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Had a brief conversation with The Group regarding cosplay plans for Fanime and pretty much decided upon nothing. Haha. We'll have a better idea when we all crunch numbers next weekend.
hahaha, I feel like this all the time when deciding on cosplays for myself. 8D

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #57167
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
First world problems:

I've found a red kimono I can easily fiddle with and turn into a male kimono for Kenshin. What's the problem? It's a synthetic fabric and I'm thinking, "But they didn't have synthetic fabrics in the 1870s!"
I hope you saw my earlier answer too a few pages back.. but I would go with the synthetic kimono if the color and everything else is right. Synthetic kimonos are easier to care for and you don't have to worry so much about ruining it at the con because it's easier to wash than silk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Also I realized it was probably not a smart idea to put a piece of Hakuouki art that I got at Kotoricon near my bed. It's making me want to work on Chizuru again. And then I stumbled on this piece of art which made me realize how many alternate outfits Chizuru has. 0_0 And a part of me really wants to attempt some, if not all of them.
Hahaha awesome. XD
Oh god.. are all those canon? I might have to show a Chizuru cosplayer I know these.. xD
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #57168
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I hope you saw my earlier answer too a few pages back.. but I would go with the synthetic kimono if the color and everything else is right. Synthetic kimonos are easier to care for and you don't have to worry so much about ruining it at the con because it's easier to wash than silk.
Oh yes, I saw it - and thanks for the info about the collars! That didn't even occur to me! D:

That's true, it's just the weird selective nitpicker in me that's objecting. The one that says "You can't fabric paint the designs on Zelda's dress - fabric paint didn't exist in medieval time frames!" yet has no problem fabirc painting something else on the same costume. You know, the big ole hyprocrital nitpicker that lurks within the back of all cosplayer's brains somewhere. XD

The only thing that's throwing me off of jumping on it is the shipping cost. The shipping tag makes me want to flinch and heavily consider making one on my own. So now I'm going back and forth on it - which I really shouldn't seeing how fast kimono can go. Either way it will probably cost the same amount, one will just require a bit more work. STOP BEING SO INDECISIVE BRAIN.
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #57169
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Quote:
Oh yes, I saw it - and thanks for the info about the collars! That didn't even occur to me! D:

That's true, it's just the weird selective nitpicker in me that's objecting. The one that says "You can't fabric paint the designs on Zelda's dress - fabric paint didn't exist in medieval time frames!" yet has no problem fabirc painting something else on the same costume. You know, the big ole hyprocrital nitpicker that lurks within the back of all cosplayer's brains somewhere. XD

The only thing that's throwing me off of jumping on it is the shipping cost. The shipping tag makes me want to flinch and heavily consider making one on my own. So now I'm going back and forth on it - which I really shouldn't seeing how fast kimono can go. Either way it will probably cost the same amount, one will just require a bit more work. STOP BEING SO INDECISIVE BRAIN.
Ah okay, good.

PFFFF hahaha I totally know what you mean! XD

What site is the kimono on and how much is the shipping and how much is the kimono itself? If you don't mind telling of course.
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #57170
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
First world problems:

I've found a red kimono I can easily fiddle with and turn into a male kimono for Kenshin. What's the problem? It's a synthetic fabric and I'm thinking, "But they didn't have synthetic fabrics in the 1870s!"
I would be thinking the exact same thing!

I finally got my room cleaned up this weekend. Which means I now have somewhere I can sit and relax and work on finishing Gaz up. It's simply a case of cutting the toes off the socks and figuring out how to keep the ends from fraying while keeping their elasticity so they fit around my upper arms. At least my Fangirl's socks will be easier to do.... in theory.

It's amazing how much better a room feels when you actually clean it up. Clutter isn't just physical it would seem.
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #57171
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Thanks for posting this. ....darn. I'm glad I have some time before I want to seriously start working on Ran. But I have a feeling all the work is going to be worth it. I'm just going to have to pull the instructions out of all of that.
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #57172
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I want to see those pictures xD
I'd be more than happy to show you^^
Now to find some roses....

School suddenly got canceled for me, there's not even snow on the ground or ice on the streets. Guess who's working on cosplay today?
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #57173
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Hahaha awesome. XD
Oh god.. are all those canon? I might have to show a Chizuru cosplayer I know these.. xD
From what I can tell, yup. Ending routes, SSL, alternate outfits from other games, art only pieces....dang this is the most outfits I've seen on an otome game heroine...ever.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #57174
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
From what I can tell, yup. Ending routes, SSL, alternate outfits from other games, art only pieces....dang this is the most outfits I've seen on an otome game heroine...ever.
Oh, okey dokey. xD It's quite a lot.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #57175
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Vest sewing pattern comes in today. Once I get it I can start work on Alois's Vest. Have to wait till I get my allowance to get the fabric for the vest and Saya's skirt & collar. My con is 5 months away...glad I got time.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 01-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #57176
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

gmskdldnldksnfsf. I finally picked up the bracelets commission I had sitting in the mailroom here at college and they look so awesome. *_* One of the pins that were holding the chains to the bracelet itself fell off(the box did have a dent in the side...) but that is easily fixible. Hopefully the repainting I do in the same area won't look so obvious either.

Quote:

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #57177
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I think Saphir has won out actually since my friend found me a wig.
NOICE! Can't wait to see it >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
HAHAHA. You know what, you're right. I REALLY MUST BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG CHARACTERS. A LOT OF THEM DIE ANYWAYS. I SHALL GO FOR THE ONES I DISLIKE. (hahaha, yeah right, I probably can't do that)

HAHAHAHA. I promised myself to never do school uniforms (more like fukus) ever again. But I do agree though. Regularish clothed people are easier to make for because you can most likely just go to a thrift store and buy them. 8D LOL

I haven't been catch up with any new animes at all lately. I've been reading mangas and even then I haven't catch up with any other mangas. The only old ones I do keep reading are: Naruto, Oresama Teacher, Skip Beat, Kuroko no Baseket, and sometimes 'Say you Love me' plus Fairy Tail. >>;; THOUGH, YEAHHHH. Well when Sailor Moon comes out again, I'm totally watching that one. HAHAHAHA. Lately I play more video games than I watch anime/read manga now. >>;; Too busy with work to be able to do all of those three. *lesigh*
Well it doesn't even have to be like, plain clothes you can just buy, like I'm doing Nami from one of the One Piece games, here's a picture: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Namimusou.jpg ... and that's not really something you could buy, so I have to make it, but it's super easy, and will still look cute. I never cosplay something that's so easy I could just buy the pieces, I try to find simple outfits that are unique so I'm forced to make it, but is still simple enough that it will take no time at all. I also like doing Chii (Chobits) cosplays, cuz those are the same way.

But yeah, game characters always seem to have much more complicated outfits XD So I can see where your heading off in the wrong direction LOL More anime!

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #57178
Zoeyromanov
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
Hope you find a wig I'm sure you make an awesome Hungary
hehe, thanks ^^!
I'm sure I would, I just need a good wig XP. Here's hoping!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #57179
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

YES!~ Found a wig I could use for 'in the zone' Murasakibara and a wig for 2!P France~ Also, since my classes got canceled today is a good day to catch up on my homework then to bust out the ironing board to do the pleats for Jin and the trim for Seymour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
Thanks for posting this. ....darn. I'm glad I have some time before I want to seriously start working on Ran. But I have a feeling all the work is going to be worth it. I'm just going to have to pull the instructions out of all of that.
No problem. Glad to be of help. Er, maybe I should go post it in the Tutorial section or something. *Sweatdrop*
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #57180
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I am so weak. ._. I ended up buying a wig for Chizuru instead of buying Saber's sandals. Oh well, I was going to need to buy it at some point. I just ended up buying it early.

Quote: