Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 875 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #57166
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
I got a lot of progress done on cosplay. I cut out my red inner robe fabric and light blue lining for Seymour, in between glueing my Slade armor. >.>

Also, I worked on my hakama for Jin today~ Almost done? I need to do the pleats and add the other crotch leg piece but...OMG SO MUCH FABRIC! I decided to go with the more historically accurate tutorial to make it and I compared it to the modern hakama my friend lent me, so much difference in amount of fabric. However, once I finish it I think it'll look pretty good.

I'm just crying over the fact I have to make another one for Hijikata. T_T
You mind linking me to the tutorial?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #57167
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post

You know my vote =X
I think Saphir has won out actually since my friend found me a wig.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #57168
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

And I really wish I had something to work on. But I know my mom will get all ticked at me for always deciding to practice on the sewing machine late at night.....

I'm bored.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #57169
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
You mind linking me to the tutorial?
Here you go~ Hope it can help you.
http://andsewingishalfthebattle.com/...ccurate-hakama

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #57170
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
And I really wish I had something to work on. But I know my mom will get all ticked at me for always deciding to practice on the sewing machine late at night.....

I'm bored.
You could maybe practice posing or makeup techniques if you wish~

I really want to go out and get white fabric for Shigure's obi so he can be finished. I also need to find time to work on Syaoran's sword. I just need to sit down and start on it already!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #57171
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Thanks! ^_^ Dang, it looks intimidating. 0_0 Oh Chizuru...why do I want to make an accurate hakama for you. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #57172
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
You could maybe practice posing or makeup techniques if you wish~

I really want to go out and get white fabric for Shigure's obi so he can be finished. I also need to find time to work on Syaoran's sword. I just need to sit down and start on it already!
Oh, true. I probably should practice posing because at a really tiny con (it was more of a marketplace) I felt my face randomly twitching when I was smiling for pics. (Tho that could have been because I was nervous and overstimulated..)

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #57173
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Thanks! ^_^ Dang, it looks intimidating. 0_0 Oh Chizuru...why do I want to make an accurate hakama for you. >_>
I read it about 3 times before I was able to condense it for the instructions only. It's just with the 'how to make' instructions is a 'history of the hakama' so it can be a bit confusing.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #57174
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I just realized that I have a flamboyant pink kimono.
I'm so taking pics as Shigure wearing it for Valentines Day.
No one can stop me.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #57175
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I just realized that I have a flamboyant pink kimono.
I'm so taking pics as Shigure wearing it for Valentines Day.
No one can stop me.
I want to see those pictures xD
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #57176
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Had a brief conversation with The Group regarding cosplay plans for Fanime and pretty much decided upon nothing. Haha. We'll have a better idea when we all crunch numbers next weekend.

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #57177
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I think you're just falling in love with the wrong characters LOL My problem is quite the opposite, all of my costumes are too easy, with the exception of a few (like Eva *shakefist*), and therefore I don't have many real OMGAMAZING cosplays =/

But seriously, watch more anime with like school uniforms or regular-ish clothed people, you'd be surprised how easy some costumes can be.
HAHAHA. You know what, you're right. I REALLY MUST BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG CHARACTERS. A LOT OF THEM DIE ANYWAYS. I SHALL GO FOR THE ONES I DISLIKE. (hahaha, yeah right, I probably can't do that)

HAHAHAHA. I promised myself to never do school uniforms (more like fukus) ever again. But I do agree though. Regularish clothed people are easier to make for because you can most likely just go to a thrift store and buy them. 8D LOL

I haven't been catch up with any new animes at all lately. I've been reading mangas and even then I haven't catch up with any other mangas. The only old ones I do keep reading are: Naruto, Oresama Teacher, Skip Beat, Kuroko no Baseket, and sometimes 'Say you Love me' plus Fairy Tail. >>;; THOUGH, YEAHHHH. Well when Sailor Moon comes out again, I'm totally watching that one. HAHAHAHA. Lately I play more video games than I watch anime/read manga now. >>;; Too busy with work to be able to do all of those three. *lesigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
Same here! Either way, it'll still be good :3
ooh yeahhhhh~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Had a brief conversation with The Group regarding cosplay plans for Fanime and pretty much decided upon nothing. Haha. We'll have a better idea when we all crunch numbers next weekend.
hahaha, I feel like this all the time when deciding on cosplays for myself. 8D

Next cons: Anime Expo and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #57178
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
First world problems:

I've found a red kimono I can easily fiddle with and turn into a male kimono for Kenshin. What's the problem? It's a synthetic fabric and I'm thinking, "But they didn't have synthetic fabrics in the 1870s!"
I hope you saw my earlier answer too a few pages back.. but I would go with the synthetic kimono if the color and everything else is right. Synthetic kimonos are easier to care for and you don't have to worry so much about ruining it at the con because it's easier to wash than silk.

Quote:
Also I realized it was probably not a smart idea to put a piece of Hakuouki art that I got at Kotoricon near my bed. It's making me want to work on Chizuru again. And then I stumbled on this piece of art which made me realize how many alternate outfits Chizuru has. 0_0 And a part of me really wants to attempt some, if not all of them.
Hahaha awesome. XD
Oh god.. are all those canon? I might have to show a Chizuru cosplayer I know these.. xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Gakupo Kamui (original casual) - Vocaloid
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #57179
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I hope you saw my earlier answer too a few pages back.. but I would go with the synthetic kimono if the color and everything else is right. Synthetic kimonos are easier to care for and you don't have to worry so much about ruining it at the con because it's easier to wash than silk.
Oh yes, I saw it - and thanks for the info about the collars! That didn't even occur to me! D:

That's true, it's just the weird selective nitpicker in me that's objecting. The one that says "You can't fabric paint the designs on Zelda's dress - fabric paint didn't exist in medieval time frames!" yet has no problem fabirc painting something else on the same costume. You know, the big ole hyprocrital nitpicker that lurks within the back of all cosplayer's brains somewhere. XD

The only thing that's throwing me off of jumping on it is the shipping cost. The shipping tag makes me want to flinch and heavily consider making one on my own. So now I'm going back and forth on it - which I really shouldn't seeing how fast kimono can go. Either way it will probably cost the same amount, one will just require a bit more work. STOP BEING SO INDECISIVE BRAIN.

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #57180
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Oh yes, I saw it - and thanks for the info about the collars! That didn't even occur to me! D:

That's true, it's just the weird selective nitpicker in me that's objecting. The one that says "You can't fabric paint the designs on Zelda's dress - fabric paint didn't exist in medieval time frames!" yet has no problem fabirc painting something else on the same costume. You know, the big ole hyprocrital nitpicker that lurks within the back of all cosplayer's brains somewhere. XD

The only thing that's throwing me off of jumping on it is the shipping cost. The shipping tag makes me want to flinch and heavily consider making one on my own. So now I'm going back and forth on it - which I really shouldn't seeing how fast kimono can go. Either way it will probably cost the same amount, one will just require a bit more work. STOP BEING SO INDECISIVE BRAIN.
Ah okay, good.

PFFFF hahaha I totally know what you mean! XD

What site is the kimono on and how much is the shipping and how much is the kimono itself? If you don't mind telling of course.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Gakupo Kamui (original casual) - Vocaloid
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote