Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 935 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #57211
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Just got immensely happy. The Five Wits has a new Yusuke wig. I could cry because I'm so ecstatic!
YAY!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #57212
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Almost forgot that I'm not actually done with Maximilian (Valkyria Chronicles). I need to find a pair of base shoes and figure out the boot covers. White shoes whyyyy. Then there's all the armor...gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Himawari Kunogi from xxxHOLiC
Himawariiiiiiii! :3

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #57213
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
The piece on the right? Maybe it needs to be more angular?
Yes and angular? O.o It's an arm piece and it bends to my arm when I have it on using the elastic and snaps. >.>

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #57214
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Himawariiiiiiii! :3
Watanuki-kun! ;3 <3

(edit) LOL but in all seriousness, I'm having a hard time deciding. 8D LOL OH WELL. I'll decide once the base wig I am deciding to buy gets here first before I make another move. LOL
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #57215
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I think I'm going to Anime Milwaukee for Saturday! I'm thinking about a 80% chance now unless my friend fails...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #57216
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Ok, seriously, I NEED to stop picking costume that will require me to make boot covers ... the last 4 costumes I've worked on, have had boot covers, and while I have never made boot covers before like 5 months ago, I hate them already XD With the first pair I liked it, cuz it was something new, and the second pair was ok, but they were such a pain in the ass due to crazy designs, that by the third pair I was not looking forward to them, and now that I'm on the 4th pair all I can think is 'never-a-freaking-gain'.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #57217
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

REFERENCES. Y U NO MATCH UP?

EDIT: FFFFF- to top it off, I'm watching episode five on YouTube and they did a dramatic wind blowing effect and I see the backs of his sleeves and they're open! Like a woman's kimono! It could be just cruddy animation, but they look pretty open... WHAT? WHAT IS THIS - I DON'T EVEN... I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE. DO I FOLLOW THE ANIME OR THE MANGA? *headdesk*
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 01-29-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #57218
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

RRRRGH, I'm just at that state with my Quorra costume where I think everything looks like a hot mess, nothing's trned out like I've wanted it and I've sunk wayyyyyy too much money in to scrap it (half a grand, to be specific, including the new makeup which was about fifty bucks). There's obviously going to be remakes to this later on because the torso armour is really far from movie-accurate (mine's sewn from pleather- not what the movie one was made from and it really shows, and I didn't get the skirt right because I stupidly thought the skirt pieces was part of the bottom shirt, NOT the armour) but I could probably stand to put the entire costume on again once it's more completed as a reassurance that I don't look like utter crap. All the costumes that I can rarely put on when working on seem to end up with me thinking it's a ton of crap that I look awful in. Or maybe I'm just a huge perfectionist with an extremely complex costume and IDK UUUGH
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #57219
momomilk

Just bought Lisbeth's wig~ Now waiting for them to ship! Also, shopping for some colored contacts too x.x lol (so much money to spend! I feel so poor T.T) I also have to buy boots and other materials too.
Free! - Haruka Nanase

momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #57220
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho? Oh my gosh, i haven't thought about that anime in forever! Thank you. ^_^ I feel the need to go find it now.

Speaking of things from interesting places, I was thinking of purchasing a cosplay piece I can't recreate myself from Cosplayholic.com. It's made-to-order, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with these guys before I go placing an order and spending money I don't have.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:14 AM   #57221
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
I went to Shinei since Ichiroya or ebay didn't have anything I could use. I've had nothing but good experiences with Shinei, but I always use them as a last resort since their reputation's a bit sketchy. Yeah, I may have had good experiences but... you never know when the first bad one will occur. D:

Anyways, it was a synthetic red, iromuji, hitoe (but that's fine since I live in Florida and would like to avoid extra weight) for $20 - this one just so happened to be on sale for $12! With EMS shipping, around $40 is tacked on right there. I ended up, against my better judgment, using their cheaper $20 shipping... So let's see if my better judgement is right or wrong this time around. ^^;
I always use Shinei because they have so much cheaper stuff than other stores. I've ordered from them 10+ times and never had a problem.

Oh that sounds cool!
Well, I've always used the cheapest shipping option (Economy SAL, max 2 kg) because the others seem to be at least double the price... and I've always got my packages in around 2 weeks time with Economy SAL.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #57222
Akahime
Red Princess

So I bought a base wig... now to decide if I wanna go with drawstrings for the pigtails or a clip. >>;; Not too sure how I feel about a drawstring for high pigtails and the long ones are a bit more pricy. D; Decisions, decisions.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #57223
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So my Chizuru wig is apparently already delivered according to my tracking number. Ummmm I ordered it yesterday, how is that even possible? I sent an email asking about it. Hopefully I will get a reply soon. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #57224
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
REFERENCES. Y U NO MATCH UP?

EDIT: FFFFF- to top it off, I'm watching episode five on YouTube and they did a dramatic wind blowing effect and I see the backs of his sleeves and they're open! Like a woman's kimono! It could be just cruddy animation, but they look pretty open... WHAT? WHAT IS THIS - I DON'T EVEN... I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE. DO I FOLLOW THE ANIME OR THE MANGA? *headdesk*
I can add to the confusion! xD

I watched more RuroKen anime yesterday and in some scenes in the filler episodes his sleeves looked so much like on a woman's kimono... like here and here. Notice on the latter shot with Kaoru that both their sleeves look pretty much the same.. hjkfdshkjs.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #57225
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I can add to the confusion! xD

I watched more RuroKen anime yesterday and in some scenes in the filler episodes his sleeves looked so much like on a woman's kimono... like here and here. Notice on the latter shot with Kaoru that both their sleeves look pretty much the same.. hjkfdshkjs.
FFFFFFFF- WHAT'S GOING ON?! UP IS DOWN, RIGHT IS LEFT, 2+2=FISH HDJAHFYCIE

Ive come to a decision. The manga is now my primary reference. Everything's more consistent there. -w-
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote