Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1048 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #57301
usuyukisou

Cosrevo, a defunct Japanese costume maker, was the only maker that made Vampire Knight uniforms to my liking. I'd saved their images to my old (now broken AND stolen) laptop... After they were shut down, I only found out when I went back to collect all the reference images that were on the stolen laptop circa February last year...

On the search for another maker that does Vampire Knight uniforms well, I found really good "stock images" late last year... that were obviously stolen from somewhere else. I kept searching and searching, hoping to find the original source.

Yesterday, I finally realised that those excellent stolen images were stolen from Cosrevo, when I noticed a partial water-mark on one of the stolen images that.... really wasn't all that obscured. I guess I'm relieved that the mystery is solved, and sort of happy that I fell in love with Cosrevo's work a second time without realising it.

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #57302
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I found individual yellow Sharpies. I just had to go to the art supply store. So I'll be dying a wig for the first time. Well, not a whole wig, just some clip in bangs.

Meanwhile I bought a dress form. It was over 50% off, so I had to jump on that deal. I also have a bunch of Joann coupons that become good tomorrow. I'll be starting my Tepig vest.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #57303
touchmon
Make All The Things!

It seems like my non-cosplaying friends like the design for CCC heroine more than her outfit from the first game. Weird. Actually I find it weird that they had an opinion on it in the first place because usually it's like, "That's so cool!" Which reminds me that I have to order the skirt soon. I wish Jo-Anns didn't send those coupons to me because I won't be anywhere near one when most of them work. T_T (President's Day Weekend)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #57304
ItsTroy

Spent about an hour trying to render the mask I was working on in blender. Since I just downloaded the program yesterday, I didn't know opening another blender file basically deletes the file you are working on. So now I have to start from scratch. Fun times.

http://i.imgur.com/jCfq51e.jpg link to my work I lost ;(
ItsTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #57305
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

I keep buying wigs for potential costumes... I think I have a problem >.>

Just ordered 3 poofy clips from Arda to combine into a wig I bought from Cosplay.com for a hypothetical costume eventually, maybe. If not, well, I've got three massive lavender puff balls to play with clipping into things on wigs. They were going on clearance, and, honestly, they seem pretty close to what the character's hair is described as. Also, giant poof ball hair. Woo.

And it gives me something to fall back on if I royally screw up my Queen Mab costume... I'm just going to throw together a Toot-Toot costume from The Dresden Files and follow my Dresden around harassing him for pizza.
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #57306
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Dangit, I think I want to cosplay another one of my OCs…

…why am I a sucker for cool coats? And Why did I give him such a cool coat? And why do I do this to myself when he has a giant weirdly-shaped burn mark on his face that’s going to be hard to replicate? Hell, Why do I keep wanting to cosplay my own characters? These are the questions that haunt me…
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #57307
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Looks like I'm now for sure going to my first ever out of state con, Anime Milwaukee!

Now trying to decide if I want to go to my first ever comic con in April which is C2E2. The guest list doesn't seem all that great, but might be fun to check out. Plus I have lots of friends that go. Not sure what to cosplay as, but have 3 things in mind...

Dark Knight Trilogy Scarecrow - Most expensive cosplay due to the mask
Dark Knight Joker Thug - Easy enough, and probably the cheapest. Not sure which one I want to be though
CM Punk - Not sure if I can get the hair right, and pretty sure I need to buy fake facial hair, since I don't think I can grow an actual beard like that...It would be fun going around screaming "It's clobbering time" and "Best in the World" ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #57308
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
I keep buying wigs for potential costumes... I think I have a problem >.>

Just ordered 3 poofy clips from Arda to combine into a wig I bought from Cosplay.com for a hypothetical costume eventually, maybe. If not, well, I've got three massive lavender puff balls to play with clipping into things on wigs. They were going on clearance, and, honestly, they seem pretty close to what the character's hair is described as. Also, giant poof ball hair. Woo.

And it gives me something to fall back on if I royally screw up my Queen Mab costume... I'm just going to throw together a Toot-Toot costume from The Dresden Files and follow my Dresden around harassing him for pizza.
Whether you do Mab or Toot-Toot, I have to admit I will probably enjoy either result quite thoroughly. XD May I mention I also give you massive kudos for doing Dresden cosplays?
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #57309
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post

…why am I a sucker for cool coats? And Why did I give him such a cool coat? And why do I do this to myself when he has a giant weirdly-shaped burn mark on his face that’s going to be hard to replicate? Hell, Why do I keep wanting to cosplay my own characters? These are the questions that haunt me…
Random fact: By simple virtue of your name and the fact that you cosplay OCs (with awesome coats besides), you remind me so much of a friend of mine that I can't help but like you lots. So yeah. Random.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #57310
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I'm....just going to go back into this corner and resume designing my steampunk look...

Last edited by TeaForThought : 02-01-2013 at 01:16 AM.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #57311
emmisu
King of Toast

Trying to get in contact with all the artist alleys I wanna do...
Trying to decide if I'll be able to take a day off to cosplay at any of them
esfszdfgxfhgjhkgj <- my brain

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #57312
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So I got indecisive about Kenshin's hair (again), so I ended up ordering color samples from Arda instead as to be absolute sure I know what color I'm getting. No spending money from me until my next paycheck then! Good... I'm being good. I have self-control. I HAVE WILL OF IRON - IT IS STRONG LIKE BULL.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #57313
Curucar

Oi. My hands STILL smell like vaseline, and I coated my trophies HOURS ago.
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #57314
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post

Because OC cosplaying is fun? XD I wish more of my OCs had cool clothes. They are all usually pretty plain or I just don't have wigs that would work for them

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #57315
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

My wig got here today along with the Yasogami High 2nd year pins! Yay! I think the back of the wig may be a little short, so if this doesn't work out, it'll be my practice wig, and I'm out...... $15. *shrugs* It's the perfect shade, though.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote