Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #57391
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Having a Yu Yu Hakusho marathon while cleaning my room. All of my Sakyo related feels are coming back and I want to cosplay him even more now >.<
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #57392
emmisu
King of Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Having a Yu Yu Hakusho marathon while cleaning my room. All of my Sakyo related feels are coming back and I want to cosplay him even more now >.<
Ughh I wish I brought my DVDs with me to college now I really wanna rewatch that and be like... Botan or something. Because of reasons.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)

Last edited by emmisu : 02-03-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #57393
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Why can't I make a set of fins I actually like
/cries a little

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #57394
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmisu View Post
Ughh I wish I brought my DVDs with me to college now I really wanna rewatch that and be like... Botan or something. Because of reasons.
XD Well I think you'd make a lovely Botan!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #57395
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Fuck I hate cutting narrow strips of fabric. Realllly hard to get it to not look sloppy for the diffusing fabric for Quorra. And I continue to think my entire torso armour looks like a hot mess. No way in hell I'm getting a workmanship award unless it's for electronics. ....which are mostly invisible underneath the fabric strips anyway.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #57396
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I found out I won't have a tutoring job this semester. >_< This screws over my cosplay plans so much. I'm going to need to cut corners wherever I can now in order to have enough money for Otakon as well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #57397
Curucar

So it's looking like I'll have to make my own patches for Agent Hill. There are ZERO rubber/silocone SHIELD patches on the market. >_< Luckily I'm derping around with some super-nice casting silicone right now, and it's giving me ideas.
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #57398
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
DO IT. PLEASE. My feels depend on it!
You are also making me want to cosplay Koenma Jr.

Considering cosplaying one of the new Pokemon starters, Chespin. Super cute and I have green fabric left over from Syaoran's cape so I could make his leaf hat thing. I also already have the wig. Hmmmmm.

Also I need to get on ordering stuff for Yusuke and start modfying it.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #57399
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Overlocked the edges of my skirt material..... And spend as much time cleaning the velvet fluff out of my sewing machine. I haven't done that since getting the machine, but still... I think I even have it up my sinuses. Such lush fabric though....

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #57400
Khorrupt

Man, I never knew what a bitch body paint is to handle when you're being forced to use it in large quantities. It's like, it's not clear how many shades of green even exist until you're having to try to match your green body paint from your face to the green body paint on your arms. But, on the brightside, after buying three different cake makeup palettes, I FINALLY got one that will work, when I blend a layer of white into it. Phew. Why you such a pain in the ass, body paint?
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #57401
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I already have a feeling...that Luxray's new tail....is gonna be a pain to make.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay: Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%
2015 Cosplay: Poochyena Gijinka [Pokémon] - 30%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #57402
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
DO IT. PLEASE. My feels depend on it!
You are also making me want to cosplay Koenma Jr.
I'm Definitely cosplaying him at Otakon, and I might at Anime USA if I can't get Karasu done in time.

Dangit, I wanted to cosplay older Koenma too, because I already have a wig!
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #57403
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Idly started working on my mini Pinkie Pie Pirate Hat tonight, instead of, y'know, doing the grown up stuff I should be doing, like cleaning the house, or watching the Superbowl.

It's based on her cute little pillbox hat from the Grand Galloping Gala. I found the perfect pale blue Venice lace for it on e-bay for an absolute steal (5 yards for $6, including shipping.) and I'm currently assembling the base for it out of scrap cardboard. Hopefully no one tries to look inside the hat - it's going to be made of Veggie Bacon and Veggie corndog boxes... it's what I had on hand...

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor)
Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asgard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #57404
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Convinced my sister to cosplay Kurai with me when i cosplay Alexiel. So much happinessXDDD

I found this fantastic wig for Alexiel that i really want to buy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Angel-Sanctu...em2c69a0f86 4

The price, though it speaks to me.

Also i decided that this month i'll buy Scheherazde's and The princess of the crystals proper wigs.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%

Last edited by ashe2kawaii : 02-03-2013 at 07:56 PM.
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #57405
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
I'm Definitely cosplaying him at Otakon, and I might at Anime USA if I can't get Karasu done in time.

Dangit, I wanted to cosplay older Koenma too, because I already have a wig!
Yea for Sakyo! Very excited for this~

I have approached the final hours of Syaoran's cloak completion. I just have to sew on the hood and add the button decals to the strap in front.

Let's do this.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote