Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1131 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #57526
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

-bites nails-

animestuffstore's 15% off sale ends tomorrow D: The wig I want for Jolteon is only $15 now, but my mom doesn't have any money or even a credit card T_T

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #57527
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Grr, I'm kinda stuck right now. I currently have 3 costumes I'm working on, Weiss, Eva, and Black Cat, and I can't really work on any of them right now.

Weiss is for my bf, and I can't work on that unless he's here, which isn't a lot, and right now he's visiting his parents, so he won't be back til late Monday night.

Eva I'm technically working on, but it's all waiting on liquid stitch to dry, so I only get to 'work on it' for 5 minutes at a time, then I have to wait 2 hours for the ls to be dry so I can move onto the next part.

Black Cat is pretty much done except for the top, and I can't work on that til I get a new bra so I can shape the skin tight cat suit top accordingly.

So as of right now, and for the next 2+ days, I have NOTHING I can work on, on any of these costumes ... however, I do have the material to start on my Nami costume, so I could work on that, but if I don't manage to finish it in the next couple of days, then I'm suddenly going to have 4 costumes to work on, which for me, is twice the amount I usually work on at once, and I'm scared I'll start feeling too overwhelmed.

So what do I do?

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #57528
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

My wiiiig came in todaaaaaaay~ Makes me happy. Just finished straightening it and braiding it up; all it needs now is a little bit of trimming on the bangs and it's alllllll gooood~ I'm happy I was finally able to be productive.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #57529
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

I've been fighting a sinus infection all week, which means I haven't gotten anything done.

Well, almost nothing. I started assembling the hat for my Pinkie Pie Pirate costume... which is essentially me going "eh, I'll wing it. How hard can it be to make a pirate hat?"

I managed to make the hat, vaguely based off her Gala dress hat... however, the amount of flounce, floof, and general stuff I have for this is going to be somewhat epic. I've got cotton candy floof trim, tiny gemstones, ribbons, blue bias tape that matches the bodice, and miniature Venitian lace in blue. Then, to top it off, there shall be a spray of pink on pink feathers coming from one of the turned up sides.

Also, I have just found that clothes pins (the old fashioned wood ones) work great for holding trim to felt while the tacky glue dries...

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asgard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #57530
Khorrupt

Pore strips hurt like a BITCH to pull off, but it wasn't until yesterday when I realized how visible blackheads are under body paint. -sigh- The things we do for accuracy.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #57531
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I finished straightening my Luthien from Arda today. It might need a good run under hot water to get it how I want it but overall I'm really happy with it.

I was desperately hoping that my Stocking cosplay would get here yesterday so I could wear it for the date auction since our theme was Superheros, that didn't happen. So I'll have to save it for another day.

Now I wait until Monday. I feel slightly productive.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #57532
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I've itching to do a casual Summer!Kenny cosplay, but I fear that I'll get judged since my plans for it are rather plain and, well, casual.
And since it's a summer version, that I'll be sneered at for having him wear short sleeves without fur.
Now I'm too nervous and unsure about even doing it.
----------
My Ritsuka wig is taking forever to send out and I just really want it now, and I have no patience, but I don't even think they sent it out. It's not supposed to get here til the end of the month, but I want it now. //obnoxious whine.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #57533
emmisu
King of Toast

There was a blizzard in NY where I live so my mom got snowed in and couldn't send my patterns/wigs to me ;_;

Glad she's okay but I want themmmm
I wanna get started on Sakura now plz

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #57534
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Several hours, 5 and a half episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh and one trip to Olive Garden later, my Duke Devlin cosplay is done and ready for Katsucon. Woohoo! 8D

Now to finish sewing Isaak's buttons
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #57535
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

I am so excited to experiment with making Sailor Fuku bust armor from Sparkle Pipsi's tutorial tomorrow. *u* If all goes well and I like the results, I can use one leotard for Super and S Saturn, since the sleeves attach to the bust armor part. I think I'm only concerned about sewing lycra to fleece (I don't think I've ever sewn such two different fabrics together before in terms of stretchiness and thickness), getting the right smooth shape around the edges, and whether snaps may need to be involved to prevent upwards slippage since I have such a big bust.

Looking up the wonders of craft foam armor, I'm still scratching my head as to why I've never considered giving it a try before for S Saturn's shoulder petals. It would be unbelievably simple to try, too, all I need to do is cut the petals out of foam and slip them into lycra pockets like socks. Pretty much all I want is structure with some flexibility without catastrophic structure-compromising creasing.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #57536
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Stitching all the diffusing vinyl onto Quorra is actuallygoing much quicker than I thought, but still, URGH. BORING. ANNOYING. WANT THIS DONE ALREADY.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #57537
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Been searching for a wig for Isanami and I never realized how hard it is to find a wig in her hair color but without the extra hair piece in the back she has in her regular outfit. Why is your hair color so weird Isanami!? >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #57538
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Been searching for a wig for Isanami and I never realized how hard it is to find a wig in her hair color but without the extra hair piece in the back she has in her regular outfit. Why is your hair color so weird Isanami!? >_<
Seen this? click

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Yukicon (10-11 January 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #57539
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

I know I've blathered about this before, but it's really hit me recently (again) how none of my friends (with the exception of one who lives the next state up and who I rarely, if ever, get to see) really enjoy cosplaying. Yeah, they like going to conventions. Yeah, they enjoy seeing the cool costumes and, yeah, they accept and support my addiction. But none of them have any desire to make, create, or really be a part of it. Taber will join in but he's really not into making the costumes, and my other friends would rather buy than try to do it themselves, if they join in at all.

People who have cosplay groups and friends are so lucky and they don't even realize.
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #57540
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Seen this? click
Oh that is pretty. *_* I wish it showed what the base wig looked like without the little ponytail thing. I can't tell if it is a clip on or just hair. 0_o

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote