Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #57556
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

The wig I wanted for Black Bunny's price went up! Now I'm gonna have to wait

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #57557
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Hey guys, can I ask for your opinions for a second? I want to cosplay Radu from Trinity Blood, but I don't know if I suit him. I threw together a quick closet cosplay which is here:
http://chibierwin.tumblr.com/post/42...-trinity-blood
So what do y'all think?
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #57558
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

^This guy wins the internet.

He is staff at a local con and is known for hosting the cosplay contest there.
Unread 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #57559
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Hey guys, can I ask for your opinions for a second? I want to cosplay Radu from Trinity Blood, but I don't know if I suit him. I threw together a quick closet cosplay which is here:
So what do y'all think?
I think you fit him. ^_^

GAHH. The more I play Fire Emblem, the more in love with the characters I keep getting. I need to stop. I really do. So happy any plans I make now cannot be implemented until next year.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #57560
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

It's a bad thing that I'm more excited for Ciel (who won't be happening soon) than Ririchiyo (who I will wear in a month) right? ._. That's probably a bad thing. Oh well..I really need to talk to my grandmother about looking at and altering it to fit better next weekend. I mean I can just find a way to deal with it being tight (as I know I'll forget about it once it's con time) but I'd really rather not risk making myself sick when I can avoid it. I need to detangle her wig too, but I'm thinking the night before the con I'll detangle it and just leave it on the dresser without putting it into a ponytail or braid. Assuming my sister doesn't let any animals into the room, that should work decently well. I also got a lot of stockings (I needed some for both Ririchiyo to make her tights out of, and Ciel, so it's a win) for dirt cheap, so yay! More things to do!

Also, I have made more progress on Ciel (or, my commissioner has) She just needs to find enough buttons for it and it'll start being made. Also, tomorrow I'll be ordering the Bitter Rabbit plushie to go with it. I've wanted one of those things ever since I knew they existed, and this one looks really nice *.* I'm exciteeed.

And, as far as cosplays after that..I'm not too sure. I might start working on a Kuranosuke costume since one of my friends recently posted saying she might do Tsukimi sometime soon since it's pretty simple, and I would loooove to cosplay it with her. The only decision I have to make..whether to go all out and try one of his crossdressing outfits or just come up with a fabulous male outfit for him. xDD The wigs are going to be difficult and either way I'll likely try to find some kind of heeled shoes, so ehh...not too sure.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 02-10-2013 at 10:05 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #57561
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrac View Post
<snip>

People who have cosplay groups and friends are so lucky and they don't even realize.
OMG yes! I agree. I can feel your pain.
I'm almost ready to give up trying to get a group cosplay for half a day for one con even.
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #57562
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
So what do y'all think?
I know I replied on tumblr, but I think you'll be an awesome Radu! *Future Ion cosplayer bias notwithstanding*

On an unrelated note:
Kaito is done, Gin is done, Duke is done as of this morning since I found a way to make his earring, all I have left to do before Katsucon if finish up a little bit of bias tape on Isaak and then I'm convention ready. The only problem is I have to stay after school 3 out of the 4 days I have left before the con. At least I'm done sewing all the damned buttons.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-10-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #57563
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So today I tried to dye my Seymour fabric. I successfully made it ONE shade darker blue, which is fine I guess. His robe changed color in the game anyways.... Also I got to see my staff being made because I don't know how to work with wood. >.>

Bought my beads for Seymour today as well!~ So yay I got a lot of stuff done for Seymour today.^^
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #57564
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have 2 of TRC Sakura's dresses, parts from my jellyfish costume, and my Odette costume on my pool table. I have another tutu on a chair, and a romantic tutu hanging on the wall. As well as piles of fabric, 3 wigs, and rhinestones scattered all over my pool table.............

My basement needs to be reorganized......

But I'm so psyched to do my next cosplays!
And my prom dress. I just had an idea for a really pretty applique to go with the bodice. I mean, I had an applique already, but it has pearls, and I'm not a huge fan of pearls.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #57565
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Ugh, I'm officially behind for A-Kon. I was supposed to have my contacts ordered almost a month ago, but money issues happened.
I had also intended on getting Insanity to lose some weight, but it seems money issues also happened--If I wait too long I won't have time to get through it before my next con.
A good thing though, (( Which sadly, also has a downside )), I found an awesome pair of boots I can use for a cosplay~ They aren't the right color though, but the style is amazingly close to what I need and I can wear them casually too~ Though, I had originally planned to find a cheaper pair than the ones I originally found, I went up 50 bucks in my price...But they are just so pretty *A* I can't resist.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #57566
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

My group was invited to a con as guest panelists. *0*

I'm so very, very shocked and honored.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #57567
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
My group was invited to a con as guest panelists. *0*

I'm so very, very shocked and honored.
Congratulations!
Anime Expo
PMX(?)

Potential Future Crossplays
Maki Nishikino (Love Live) - Summer school uniform
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #57568
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

^^ Congrads kell-chan and bacon flavored cosplay!~

So.... I'm flipping out over nothing. Apparently, I just forgot I'm colorblind when it comes to purple and blues. It doesn't usually bother me unless someone asks me to grab something and I pick up the wrong colored object.

...this also explains my thing about my Murasakibara wig. . . gah, how could I forget this!?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #57569
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you! It's a small, local con at a high school. We went last year, and I really liked how eager the attendees were to learn about cosplay. I'd like to hold our "Intro to Crossplay" panel this time. ^_^

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #57570
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just around fifteen more hours plus a few hours of boyfriend's electronics work to finish Quorra and Twilight Sparkle in time for Con-G (ten days! Got to be ready in eight!).... and yeah. Max of ten days to do that. @_@ This upcoming weekend will have an eight-hour workday in it on Saturday.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote