Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #57571
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Congrats, BFC!!! When's the con?
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #57572
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

My wing structure works for gundam wing zero but I don't want to do it at this point of my time in the hobby...

On another thought, maybe I should just do one costume per con.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #57573
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

It's so interesting how wildly different body proportions and measurements are from person to person, in completely random ways.

Yesterday was another adventure in fitting for a long-chested, small-backed woman with a small frame and a 36DD chest. I do love my body the way it is and wouldn't trade it for anything, but man is it always interesting when it comes to fitting. XD I had to adjust Sparkle Pipsi's Sailor Fuku bust armor pattern to hug my chest better like with the leotard below it, since otherwise the lycra just "tents" over and around my breasts unflatteringly. Completely and totally worth it though once I sew the final product together (going out of town for the week, picking up more lycra along the way). I'll also see if I need to add a zipper in the back after all; I have enough fleece to cut out both versions (on the fold and two pieces with zipper seam allowance) so yay experiment. I'm very much hoping for no zipper so I can just outright sew the collar in and not deal with collar snaps at all.

I'm also nearly done salvaging the lycra pockets from my shoulder petals. I'm so excited to stuff them with craft foam, just need to remember to not use tiny stitches and possibly loosen up the tension when it comes time to top stitch and then sew them where they need to be sewn to each other. The only machine stitching would be the top stitching at least, but yeah, totally need to test first. If this works the way I hope, I'm totally sharing this method with would-be S Saturn cosplayers.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #57574
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Congrats, BFC!!! When's the con?
Mid-April. We don't have anything going on that time except prepping for Fanime, so it works out pretty well.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #57575
Ilafatyu
That guy

Probably a good thing I'm not going to AB, even though I really wanted to. None of my cosplays are going anywhere with all this travelling around.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #57576
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Checked my bank account and I have more money than I thought I did! Whoooooo. I can order Saber's sandals and be done with her! And buy the skirt for Heroine so I can finally go fabric shopping to make her blouse.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #57577
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

After this weekend, I am really really close to finishing the first of my costumes. The last big hurdle wil be the crop top Pirate coat that I have planned.

I felt really excited for a moment... And then realized just how much more I still have to do for the other costumes. Fitted business suit, overcoat, fitted evening gown style dress with custom draped bodice. Then the daunting task of making lavender and purple robes look good on my husband.

But, dang it, I will finish these costumes. I can do it.
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #57578
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I'm getting beyond frustrated!

I'm waiting on Stocking to come in the mail but the mail center at my University is a joke. They don't notify people when things arrive. I've blown all the money I have on this cosplay and for it to be sitting in mail limbo is just irking me.

I might just walk over to my University's mail room and talk to them.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #57579
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Oh my freaking Christ...my mom keeps saying, whenever she sees me looking at cosplay, to "look at something else" because I'm "getting enthralled and obsessed with cosplay" and it's "the only thing you think about is cosplay; you need to think about other stuff"

For goodness sake I WAS JUST LOOKING AT IT. IT DOES NOT MAKE ME OBSESSED OR "ENTHRALLED" IN COSPLAY. I look at cosplay all the time because I love it, but I still think about other things. >> Can't wait till I move out one day....

On a happier note, I made the "sparks" for my Jolteon gijinka out of a white T-shirt. Yay. I'll have to upload the 2 pics sometime.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #57580
nonsensicality
batterwitc)(

So I recently bought some minty fabric from Joann for my Flying Mint Bunny, and I was kind of sad because I was only buying a few yards of fabric, and I didn't have a huge shipment I could do so everyone could split the cost (my group of cosplay friends occasionally do group shipments to save money). And then basically the day right after my friend asked me to add a yard of fabric for her BL1ND JUST1C3 cosplay. Timing sucks.

I'm also worried a bit about the FMB jsk, because I plan to sew it as soon as I get the lace and fabric, but this is the first time I sew a complete dress so wish me luck I guess.
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #57581
u-tv
Registered Loser

I'm waiting for the paint to dry on one of my cosplays and today I ordered most of the things I need for another of my cosplays. So right now, it's just a bunch of waiting.

Hex Maniac - 35%
Shadow Peach - 0%
Spiritmaster Edea - 0%

A-KON 25 Lineup:

Friday - Spiritmaster Edea
Saturday - Shadow Peach
Sunday - Hex Maniac
u-tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #57582
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Good news and bad news.

Good news: Kimono came into today! The synthetic is actually really, really nice! It mimics silk's look and feel really well! Which I was honestly surprised by seeing as I bought it for $12.

Bad news: It's thinner than I initially thought, and has proven that my monitor cannot be trusted with colors. It's red, yes, but it's a very unsaturated red, the kinda red that looks like its been in the sun a really long time and has faded the color so its light, but not quite pink. Its light enough so that if I wear a juban, it will probably look pink. >.>

I can fix it in two ways, line it with red, because its thin enough that the red lining will remedy the lack of saturation, or I can use it as a guideline to make my own at a proper size and with a more appropriate red. I'm leaning more towards the latter, because looking at it, I really can use this in combination with my Len cosplay if I can keep it intact.

I don't particularly mind either way, even though it means that Kenshin won't be done for a while longer yet due to my current restriction on spending and my not be able to work on anything for the next two and half weeks.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #57583
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

At the last part of making Tepig's vest, I find out that the buttonhole foot is missing. Well, they're cheap so I can easily buy a replacement. Now I just need to make the usamimi that I'm using for ears and I'm done.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #57584
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Good news and bad news.

Good news: Kimono came into today! The synthetic is actually really, really nice! It mimics silk's look and feel really well! Which I was honestly surprised by seeing as I bought it for $12.

Bad news: It's thinner than I initially thought, and has proven that my monitor cannot be trusted with colors. It's red, yes, but it's a very unsaturated red, the kinda red that looks like its been in the sun a really long time and has faded the color so its light, but not quite pink. Its light enough so that if I wear a juban, it will probably look pink. >.>

I can fix it in two ways, line it with red, because its thin enough that the red lining will remedy the lack of saturation, or I can use it as a guideline to make my own at a proper size and with a more appropriate red. I'm leaning more towards the latter, because looking at it, I really can use this in combination with my Len cosplay if I can keep it intact.

I don't particularly mind either way, even though it means that Kenshin won't be done for a while longer yet due to my current restriction on spending and my not be able to work on anything for the next two and half weeks.
Maybe it was a summer weigh synthetic? I dunno.
But Kenshin's kimono is pink-ish in the anime so it's not all off...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #57585
emmisu
King of Toast

The blizzard finally cleared up enough for my mom to send me my wigs and patterns! yesss~

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote