Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #57616
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Yeeey, my big sister said that the next time she comes over to visit, and I wash her car and do a GOOD job, she'll give me $20. ^w^ enough to buy Jolteon's wig. I hope she revisits very soon. c:

also, Jolteon W.I.P pictures
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3350110/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3350111/

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #57617
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
So, random quick question that I didn't really think needed a thread...

Does anyone know how to get weird smells out of shirts when a washing machine just won't cut it?

I went cheap and bought the shirt for my Ryuk cosplay from a thrift store, and it's fine, but it smells like lipstick and old ladies and I can't seem to get that smell to go away, and I certainly don't really want to wear it for a cosplay because then I'll smell like lipstick and old ladies -.-"
Baking soda?

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #57618
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

My boots for the princess of the crystal are coming tomorrowXDD YAY!! i'm so excited!

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #57619
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Ugh. This week. I'm working much later than usual than when I do have time to work on cosplay I'm like uugggggghhhhhwatchTVinstead.

Okay, no. Going to finish the final fitting for Soubi's shirt tonight. This is my goal.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!

Last edited by Kell-chan : 02-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #57620
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Woo! My wig head and clamps arrived in the mail today. I now have enough heads that I can style and store the wigs for upcoming cosplays. And transport them, too. The car on the way to Dragon*Con is going to look creepy as hell. 5 wig heads clamped to a container lid, all staring blankly out the windows at passing cars...

Maybe I'll take some time and restyle my Pinkie Pie wig soon...
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #57621
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Woot!~ I have groups for my Gundam Wing cosplays! I have a Heavyarms from Endless Waltz for my Trowa Cosplay, also the rest of the G-boys for my Trowa, and a Treize and a Lady Une for my Zechs cosplay!~

Now if I could only remember if Trowa wore a different outfit in Endless Waltz or not... I think he did? but ugh I can't tell since it's been forever since I've watched the movie.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #57622
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

The front of the jacket is nearly complete! Yay!
Tomorrow, I finish the front, and tackle the back. The arms shall be last, for those will be a bee-yotch.

More blood in the fabric thanks to the needle pricks. This cosplay officially has enough blood for a soul transfer.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #57623
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Well, the kimono sleeves are squared off, just need to close them up. Debating whether to do it by machine or hand. It'll take a little more time by hand, but if I do it by hand there's much less to take apart since I have more maneuverability. That and I could easily work on it during my run crew work since I can actually take it with me. I probably won't be able to hem it in between theater work, though... I do have a Monday off so I could work on that then...

You know, run crew actually may not be so bad. I still have some free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays... I may not have to stress so much on getting Kenshin done within two weeks.

In other news:
Since I have never seen the last three episodes of Samurai Champloo (not for lack of wanting to, mind you) I watched them today because of Netflix. I kinda want to add Fuu and Jin to my roster. ... NO REILY. NO. ASIDE FROM BEING ON A COSPLAY MAKING HIATUS, YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH ON YOUR LIST.

Also am rewatching Ib playthroughs and I want to cosplay Ib too. D'oh. Damn this cosplayer brain, always wanting to cosplay something. -w-
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #57624
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo, I finally don't feel like my almost-finished-for-the-first-version Quorra cosplay looks like total crap. Got the makeup right (EIGHT items per eye required, one of which being false eyelashes), the wig's passable for now but getting overhauled asap (it's really snug on me and I chopped off a side piece in the wrong spot, so it's a bit further back fro my face on one side than it should be), the torso armour's almost done, the lightstrips I still have to sew down will be done by this weekend... and the wiring and disk dock will be finished by Sunday! Then I have to get my masquerade walkon practiced. Four-inch wedge-heeled boots with stiff ankles mean practice is needed to move cool on the stage.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #57625
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

My birthday is coming up soon, I'm hoping I can get enough money to either buy my boots or actually receive them as a gift. And my wig should, should, be arriving a couple days after my birthday, that's going to make me so happy if it does.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #57626
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

XD Just noticed my new wig for Schera will be here either tomorrow or Thursday. Yes!! even though she is still planned to be worked on after my con in july i can't help but feel excited and anxious to start on her.

on another note i love the boots i bought for Sheryl, still waiting for my other things to arrive for her.

I really need to go an edit my list here, cause i'm starting to doubt whether i will work on reira yet.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #57627
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Well, the kimono sleeves are squared off, just need to close them up. Debating whether to do it by machine or hand. It'll take a little more time by hand, but if I do it by hand there's much less to take apart since I have more maneuverability. That and I could easily work on it during my run crew work since I can actually take it with me. I probably won't be able to hem it in between theater work, though... I do have a Monday off so I could work on that then...

You know, run crew actually may not be so bad. I still have some free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays... I may not have to stress so much on getting Kenshin done within two weeks.

In other news:
Since I have never seen the last three episodes of Samurai Champloo (not for lack of wanting to, mind you) I watched them today because of Netflix. I kinda want to add Fuu and Jin to my roster. ... NO REILY. NO. ASIDE FROM BEING ON A COSPLAY MAKING HIATUS, YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH ON YOUR LIST.

Also am rewatching Ib playthroughs and I want to cosplay Ib too. D'oh. Damn this cosplayer brain, always wanting to cosplay something. -w-
I would say sew by hand if you have the patience.. it's more traditional too. xD

Oh that reminds me I have yet to watch Samurai Champloo, been having it in my "plan to watch" list now for some time heh.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #57628
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
I would say sew by hand if you have the patience.. it's more traditional too. xD

Oh that reminds me I have yet to watch Samurai Champloo, been having it in my "plan to watch" list now for some time heh.
And it's not even that much hand sew work. I think I'll be doing that. Especially since it gives me something to work on and I've been dying to work on something - this just stretches it out a bit more. XD

It's a fun show - wild and crazy, pretty outrageous too. XD I think I wanna go back and rewatch the whole thing now, seeing as until today, I haven't seen the show for a few years now, despite the fact I actually have a couple of episodes on my computer.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #57629
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
And it's not even that much hand sew work. I think I'll be doing that. Especially since it gives me something to work on and I've been dying to work on something - this just stretches it out a bit more. XD

It's a fun show - wild and crazy, pretty outrageous too. XD I think I wanna go back and rewatch the whole thing now, seeing as until today, I haven't seen the show for a few years now, despite the fact I actually have a couple of episodes on my computer.
By all means go for it then. xD

Oh, I'll make sure to watch it someday then! I've always liked Jin's design trolololo ~
Rewatch! >8D

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #57630
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Arda's wig swatches are so helpful~ I picked out the perfect color for HyunA, and I'm going to order my wig when I get paid again. It'll be my first lace-front, so I'm a little nervous. :O
I'm going to practice making the fibers wavy on my Le Tigre that I bought for a HotD cosplay a couple years ago, so that when I finally get my HyunA wig I'll know what I'm doing and not ruin it lol.

40-some-odd days to Sakura-Con. Still not panicking. I think I'm finally used to the stress of con prep lol.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote