Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #57631
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

YES! I finally finished Eva's top! I can't wait to take a progress picture, but I have to wait for this last bit of liquid stitch to dry T_T

So now all that's left is making the shoulder, collar, gloves, and finishing the boot covers ... as of right now I'm at 65% done ... can't wait for it to be 100% lol

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #57632
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Finally bid on a skirt for Heroine. Back in cosplay mode full swing! I think it's because pretty much everyone in my cosplay friend circle is going to Katsucon and I'm not...

Oh well, at least I can have a photoshoot this weekend while I'm home. I think I'll finally do that Badbye Gumi one I've been wanting to do for a while now.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #57633
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So apparently the last two packages I'm expecting should come in either today or tomorrow, according to their tracking numbers. Awesome~ Because I'm off and don't have to risk my stuff getting sent back to China or something. Also, I'm glad I managed to get around the Chinese New Year delays.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but I added a last minute costume to my Sakura-Con roster. Asuna, from Sword Art Online. Because my friend who's being Kirito expressed a wish for someone to go as his Asuna, and I have no willpower, and I make a lot of bad decisions because they sound like fun. .-. But this Sakura-Con is basically going to be a big SAO party, they're getting a ton of guests who worked on SAO material. It's like a subtly themed convention. And I really want in on that kind of excitement and belonging.

So now in addition to Erza, who is still in the first mockup stage, I have to make Asuna's chest armor, boots, armband thing, wig, and possibly sword. And I need to figure out how to keep her socks from falling down. o:

And then I made my normal cosplaying friends/group watch SAO and now they want to jump in on the group as Lizbeth and Klein, but for a different con.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #57634
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

. . . So my school decided to give me money. O.o so now I'm all good for my Cosplays for kon I think....

So gonna solve a few problems and plan my trip to big island. Not sure if I want to do a photoshoot type thing there though it is very pretty. I'm going there for family after all.mo.o I'll probably order my wigs for the summer with my paycheck this month though xd

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #57635
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

If I work diligently into the wee hours of the morning, I can have the back of this jacket finished! Yay!

Then it's off to learn how to embroider. O_O........

My friend --who has worked with the more hardware aspects of creativity before-- is painting the Yasaogami high pin ((a.k.a. used-to-be-mercedes benz keychain)), and the glasses into a nice burnt sienna orange. I wanted them more orange than yellow, since Chie's glasses are yellow. Plus, the coloring varies from screenshot to screenshot.

All in all, it's coming along!

I'm working with a woman's jacket, so there's just no avoiding aspects of that one.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #57636
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I just remembered I have to make a prop or two for my next con
Oops. Well, good thing I remembered now and not a day before, or something.
Now I just need to go buy some supplies and get to work! ...As soon as I stop being sick.
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #57637
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I think I just found the character to fill in the space I'll have after Ciel is all done~ Natsuru Senou from Kampfer! (the female version) That's not a show I expected to like, but it's actually pretty good so far, and apparently some girls in the area were already wanting to do a couple of minor characters from it. Best part is, if I get a wig from Arda using the coupon I have for them (since I'll have to style it no matter what), I can get the whole costume together for under $100, so I can do it fairly soon. > Ahaha~ I win~
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #57638
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

OH MY GOSH!!XD well anyways my wig for Scheherazade came today an it is the perfect shade. I am so in love with this wig, i was only a little disapointed in it's length, but it will work still.

Also my boots for the Princess of the Crystal came today, i love them so much! they fit perefectly and look nice. Hopefully sometime this week or next i'll be able to take some sort of picture.

On last thing, Sheryl's earing come into tomorrow, Yay!! so happy to see some things finally moving along a little.

Don't be suprised if i post this to Facebook, lol.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #57639
u-tv
Registered Loser

Hoping my Object Head cosplay will look nice when it is done! ; ~ ;

Hex Maniac - 35%
Shadow Peach - 0%
Spiritmaster Edea - 0%

A-KON 25 Lineup:

Friday - Spiritmaster Edea
Saturday - Shadow Peach
Sunday - Hex Maniac
u-tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #57640
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I'm already looking for a Natsuru wig. I can work fast when I really want to. Arda has a Jeannie in the perfect color and with my coupon it'd only be $20 or so with shipping..my mom already has $40 in the bank for me and $30 of that was going to be spent on a Funtom bunny..what's worth more to me right now, a wig I can use to occupy myself..or a Funtom bunny I won't need until April or May at the earliest? XD Hm..I might go ahead and get that wig so I'll have more than $10 spending money leftover..and so I have motivation to do this costume and group with these people.

Also, a tip for newbies mainly (and I know someone will use it, since I blew money when I didn't need to), if you need thigh-highs for a character and find cheap tights in a similar color (and own or can buy fabric scissors), get the tights and just cut the legs off. It looks fine if you do it carefully, you just may need something like double-sided tape to keep them up, which I, with thunder thighs, need anyways. This also applies if you're plus-sized and one-size-fits-all thigh highs just won't work.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #57641
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I mentioned earlier that I lost my buttonhole foot. I've looked all over and still can't find it. Although we found a sewing machine store and they're ordered the foot for our model. They said it should be there around Tuesday.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #57642
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Today I was talking to my brother and asked him if he would ever cosplay with me. He is into more mainstream animes, but he likes them a lot. After asking him this, he turns to me and says Dragonball. We made a list of all the characters we want to cosplay together from that series! (It's a long list too!) God I have the best younger bro ever XD Just because you're twelve doesnt mean you are too cool for your big sister :3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #57643
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

A friend commissioned me to make a few Persona-lized tarot cards for him and his friends for an upcoming convention. Which also made me realize a couple of things regarding Persona 4 Golden:

1) I haven't made cards of any of the main cast's third tier Personae
2) Why the heck is it so hard to find high quality pics of Kaguya and the Hunger/Lust arcana?

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 02-13-2013 at 10:59 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #57644
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
A friend commissioned me to make a few Persona-lized tarot cards for him and his friends for an upcoming convention. Which also made me realize a couple of things regarding Persona 4 Golden:

1) I haven't made cards of any of the main cast's third tier Personae
2) Why the heck is it so hard to find high quality pics of Kaguya and the Hunger/Lust arcana?
Because Persona 3 is best Persona.
~FLEES FROM THE ONCOMING FLAME WAR~

No but actually that's really cool. :O

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #57645
violetlights
Pokemon Master

Super nervous that my wig wont be here in time for the convention this weekend ;_;

I ordered it a week ago but it's not here yet. I've still got two days to wait so I'm hoping it will be here by friday.
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote