Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 930 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #57646
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I've decided that after I get the cosplays I'm currently working on done, I'm going to take a break from getting any new ones.
I'll still go to cons and cosplay, just no new ones for a while.
I'd really like to get some BJDs, and I will never be able to afford them if I keep buying new cosplays.
Since I'm still relatively new to cosplay, I can make due with the ones I'll have, especially since I haven't really worked out how to balance so many yet.

I just...Really want some BJDs.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #57647
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

225 stitches on the jacket so far, and it's got the arms and one of the back lines left to go.

175 stitches on the pants. =400 white stitches SO FAR. O_O And lots of blood.

I gave that jacket stitches. Jackets love stitches.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile

Last edited by epicserendipity : 02-14-2013 at 02:22 AM.
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #57648
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

My wig and costume came today~

The wig is tons better than I thought it would be. Color is great, style is almost perfect, texture is reasonably soft and can be finger combed, thickness is pretty decent. I was afraid it was going to be super thin, but I tried it on and my friends said the wefts are out of sight, even when I muss up the fibers a bit. Sounds like a go to me!

The costume is... So so. Some of the construction is amazing, and some of it is really terribly done. But I wanted it for another quick derp around costume for small cons, not for showing off at big cons, so it works for my purposes.

Also~ My friend wants to jump in on the SAO group I've got forming as Lizbeth! Her boyfriend says he wants to be Klein, but he can't sew, so we'll see how far he gets. My group is at 3 people, maybe 4! This is super exciting!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #57649
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Hallelujah, I just realized that I'm finally done with my costumes for Katsucon (Isaak, Duke, Kaito & Gin.)
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #57650
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

It looks like my order of feathers is going to arrive today, nearly a week before I expected it. This is pretty awesome, since the feather pin/flash is the one thing my Pinkie Pie-rate hat was missing.

Slightly Cosplay related, I've been turning out friendship bracelets like a boss - planning to hand them out to anyone who wants one when I'm in my Pinkie Pie costume(s). So, if anyone's going to Dragon*Con (or possibly Bronycon) find me, and I'll toss you an awesome bracelet (awesomeness subject to eye of the beholder.)

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #57651
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So...somehow I got roped into another cosplay group for Otakon. Amnesia this time. XD. It's really funny how it ended up happening too. (comments on someone's fb status ->to PM discussing about a possible group->to group) I'm going to get Heroine's green dress commissioned because I really don't want to make it... Must practice being deadpan and stupid and devoid of all emotion.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #57652
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Hallelujah, I just realized that I'm finally done with my costumes for Katsucon (Isaak, Duke, Kaito & Gin.)
I wish I could be saying this about Anime Matsuri ... I'm at 2 out of 3 though, and not really up for finishing the 3rd right now ... my motivation went byebye when my tooth ache said HALLO!

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #57653
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Finished the final fitting for Soubi's shirt, and started the arm bands. I need to fit the arm bands and add velcro (ugh). Then all that's left is sewing in the exaggerated decorative stitching! ^_^

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #57654
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Well gosh it seems like everyone's finishing up something! D: I've been trying to work on Kenshin but I don't think I'll get any work done till the play starts running... because homework is stupid and I have a paper due tomorrow and play costume research to do... Blegh.
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #57655
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Aww yeah, I finished Masamune's lightning bolt belt today! Now if I could get around to screen printing the coat's back symbol in art's class so I could start sewing the thing together...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #57656
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I want to try on my almost complete cosplays so far but I'm wondering if I should save that until after the events I'm going to at the weekend (which I'm wearing entirely different cosplays to) and wait until that stress has passed or just cave in and do it tomorrow...

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #57657
girlswithcomics

Kind of silly, but;

The guy I've been seeing for about five months has never been to an anime con. We met at a horror movie con so he's not a stranger to the convention scene. However this is his first anime con, and he's totally digging it and he's even going to cosplay to it! Now if only military stuff was indeed super easy to come by around here... D:
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #57658
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I hate having very specific things you want to do but not being able to do them because all the factors for you to do them are out of your hands. :I Gah..especially with planning. I /want/ to have a good solid plan for this year's costumes and cons so I can start efficiently working on them but there are so many little factors that I just don't know what will work and what won't. Especially with groups. I'm having an especially hard time getting answers from groups lately. I still haven't been told whether it would be okay for me to back out of the SAO group for AWA. And I need to ask the Kampfer group when they would want to cosplay it. At least with the Kampfer group I know the girls usually go to both Atlanta Anime Days during the year, so I can do it for the one in Fall this year to give myself plenty of time to work on Natsuru.
That also leaves a huge space open for AWA, though I know everyone pretty much already has themselves booked for AWA. Maybe this could be my chance to work on a Dead Master cosplay with my birthday money? But..I won't know if I can until I know how much birthday money I have.
...Planning things out is frustrating to a ridiculous level, but also relieving when you get it done. So I'm trying to get it done.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #57659
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

We're gonna try something different at Katsucon. I was thinking, since most of the Photoshoot places are taken, we are thinking of doing sort of a traveling photoshoot. That is, we're gonna walk around the Gaylord, and if there is a nice spot and people want to take pictures, we just shimmy down into the spot.

To tell you the truth though, This seems to be what most cosplayers do alone. Yet as me and my dad are getting an increasing amount "followers"( I don't know, they say they like our stuff and come cosplay with us. What am I supposed to name them? >_<), I thought it would be neat to do it as a group. Hopefully things don't turn into a giant mess.

Again, this is sort of a new thing that were trying out. So it would be nice if we got some pointers first (Preferably by PM though. I don't want to derail this thread by cluttering it up.)

We're also trying to get Carter from Halo Reach in presentable condition for Katsucon too, so maybe we'll be recognizable?...
Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #57660
Akahime
Red Princess

Oh gosh. I really need to find a wig for my secret cosplay and soon. Anime Detour is coming up and I rather not waste my time idling.

Going to the doctor today too for an eye exam. SO I could have my dang prescription so I can buy some contacts and cheaper glasses online. 8D LOL
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote