Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 927 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #57706
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Realized February is one of those magical months that pays me three times (instead of two) in the month because of how the paydays fall on the calender. How convenient, since I was wondering where I was going to pull $1,000.00 out of thin air. How magical...cosplay funds acquired...
Eau de Decus is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #57707
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Nice Decus!

Need to see if there's a pattern sale at Joann's this weekend. Maybe I can get a head start on Boo...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #57708
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Got back from Anime Milwaukee a little while ago, and it was honestly the most fun and biggest con I have been to in a while! I was surprised at how many people were there since it was my first time going, as well as my first out of state con. It was soooooo worth the long drive!

Bad part is I think my car might be breaking down...time for a new one!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #57709
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

522 individual white stitches on the entire Yasogami high boys uniform! *falls over.* Completed tonight. @_@

Someone please hand me a fresh pair of eyes, and some fingers that aren't covered in pin pricks.

All I have to do now is hand embroider the emblem on the left side, and paint the colored stripes on the side of the glasses. *Takes a deep breath* Almost there.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #57710
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Finally made significant progress on my friend's Sayaka cosplay. Finally. I box pleated her skirt fabric with a 3 inch pleat on top and a 2 inch pleat on the bottom, but haven't sewn or trimmed it yet. Sewed the main seams on the vinyl chest armor without it puckering or bubbling or pulling away where it's not supposed to. Just need to finish the back edges and put in grommets. My friend finished the base of the white under shirt and made ruffles for 2 or 3 hours; the ruffles still need to be sewed around the edges, and the trim and buttons still need to be added.

So we have boots, socks, gloves, arm sleeves, and cape left to do.

Also, minor con next weekend, so that's going to cut down on sewing time by another day. And then Emerald City Comicon is the weekend after, so she'll be down another day after that as well.

There is no such thing as "plenty of time" in cosplay.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #57711
MotherSilver

I am honestly so happy my tax return is getting to me sooner than I expected. I wasn't thinking I'd see it until mid march but it could be in my account as early as Friday, or as late as next Wednesday.

In other words, time to go stock up on embroidery supplies, corset supplies including the islets, boning, bras for forming the shape, and of course more varaform and wonderflex. And I also still need Verans arm fabric, which I need to order swatches of.

This is actually kind of funny since this paycheck I'm getting on Saturday is supposed to be really small due to the fact I missed 3 days of work due to having to go to the hospital. For once the cosplay gods are smiling upon me and blessing me with funds and inspiration.

Now to get off my lazy arse and get back into working out. (Not so much lazy more so in pain but still about 30% lazy.)

I'll probably start fixing Verans head piece today as the curve didn't do exactly what I wanted it to do, the actual head part is fine but I need to get that curve properly. It looks more like a scythe than the curve shown in the picture BUT I have always been bad at math.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #57712
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Today I tried out contact lenses for my Hijikata cosplay the second time, this time with the wig, kimono and eyeliner. Here's a link to photos: linky link I'm happy my eyes got used to the lenses after some time, to the point I didn't feel them as much.. so I think I'm ready now for the con next weekend, awesome!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #57713
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Still too cold outside to spray paint. >_< Ugh. Why...

Well in better news, I found out I can use my Rin wig for Lucina(FE:Awakening). My 2014 cosplay list is just growing and growing...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #57714
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Today I tried out contact lenses for my Hijikata cosplay the second time, this time with the wig, kimono and eyeliner. Here's a link to photos: linky link I'm happy my eyes got used to the lenses after some time, to the point I didn't feel them as much.. so I think I'm ready now for the con next weekend, awesome!
Yeah I noticed that. I wear contacts all the time, so I thought I would be okay with putting them in instantly, but with colored contacts I had to get used to them. I think it's just because they are thicker and have the color in them as well but I did get used to wearing mine after I took about an hour to get used to them. During that time my eyesight was blurry around certain edges. But those contacts look great with that cosplay!

Now I just need to find a spot where I can get red prescriptions :/ every website I find is sold out.
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #57715
Khorrupt

Yesterday was the first time that I've had someone like my costume so much that they wanted a picture with me. Not just OF me, WITH me.

I feel so awesome right now.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #57716
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Bought my first kimono! I'm really looking forward to debuting kimono versions of xxxHolic at Fanime. :3

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #57717
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
Yeah I noticed that. I wear contacts all the time, so I thought I would be okay with putting them in instantly, but with colored contacts I had to get used to them. I think it's just because they are thicker and have the color in them as well but I did get used to wearing mine after I took about an hour to get used to them. During that time my eyesight was blurry around certain edges. But those contacts look great with that cosplay!

Now I just need to find a spot where I can get red prescriptions :/ every website I find is sold out.
Oh really? I didn't know that because I've never used contacts before. Cool to know!

Thank you!

Do you mean a website that sells red contacts?
I plan to buy these hopefully this year: http://www.honeycolor.com/super-pinky-bright-red.html
My current contacts are from that same site.

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #57718
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mentioning contacts, I finally tried on my colour circle lenses for Twilight Sparkle after buying them back in May. (I wear contacts in daily life too, but I've never worn circle lenses before) They're a little weird, but not bad; not what I'd call uncomfortable after a couple minutes of wear, but there's a slight purple halo in my vision when it's not bright light or if I blinked a few times. I'm wearing dollyeye violet lenses- they certainly work for her but they look a little freaky when not cosplaying.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #57719
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Mentioning contacts, I finally tried on my colour circle lenses for Twilight Sparkle after buying them back in May. (I wear contacts in daily life too, but I've never worn circle lenses before) They're a little weird, but not bad; not what I'd call uncomfortable after a couple minutes of wear, but there's a slight purple halo in my vision when it's not bright light or if I blinked a few times. I'm wearing dollyeye violet lenses- they certainly work for her but they look a little freaky when not cosplaying.
Interesting.
Hmm DollyEye.. I had considered those too, they seem good. Do you have any photos?

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #57720
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Oh really? I didn't know that because I've never used contacts before. Cool to know!

Thank you!

Do you mean a website that sells red contacts?
I plan to buy these hopefully this year: http://www.honeycolor.com/super-pinky-bright-red.html
My current contacts are from that same site.
Yeah I do need to order them online but I need these to be a BRIGHT BRIGHT red. As in, "Oh my god she's super evil" red. The ones you just showed are ones that you have purchased recently? Because I am having the worst luck in finding red. I found pink easily but red? No. :/ I was going to order the same contacts in red that I ordered the pink in but they were sold out lol. I'm still looking around but I'm glad some one is having better luck in not finding sold out contacts lol

I was about to say if those are similar to the ones in the pictures I saw they are pretty vivid. I have to go back to the doctor to double check my prescription but I have that page bookmarked and ready.

Last edited by MotherSilver : 02-17-2013 at 12:53 PM.