Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #57721
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
Yeah I do need to order them online but I need these to be a BRIGHT BRIGHT red. As in, "Oh my god she's super evil" red. Those that you showed me are probably as close as I'm going to get, because I am having the worst luck in finding red. I found pink easily but red? No. :/ I was going to order the same contacts in red that I ordered the pink in but they were sold out lol. I'm still looking around but I'm glad some one is having better luck in not finding sold out contacts lol
Hmm.. have you checked all the red lenses HoneyColor carries?
http://www.honeycolor.com/colors/red...tact-lens.html

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #57722
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Crossing my fingers so much right now. My Ikki for Otakon found a Sawa cosplayer at Katsucon who has friends that are Toma and Kent. I'm hoping they will join us for the Amnesia shoot at Otakon. If they do join...we have almost have the full cast!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #57723
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Hmm.. have you checked all the red lenses HoneyColor carries?
http://www.honeycolor.com/colors/red...tact-lens.html
Yeah I had briefly browsed them but I liked the ones you showed me best. The picture I saw looked vivid and strong but they also looked more 'natural.' and I could use them for other cosplays potentially. If I get a bright vivid red that looks unnatural it may not go well with other costumes lol. I have the ones you showed me bookmarked because I'm digging for options and then I'll pick from the few that I have set aside. I have heard good things about honeycolor, but I have never bought from them before, but they were one of the places I had looked at.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #57724
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Yeah I had briefly browsed them but I liked the ones you showed me best. The picture I saw looked vivid and strong but they also looked more 'natural.' and I could use them for other cosplays potentially. If I get a bright vivid red that looks unnatural it may not go well with other costumes lol. I have the ones you showed me bookmarked because I'm digging for options and then I'll pick from the few that I have set aside. I have heard good things about honeycolor, but I have never bought from them before, but they were one of the places I had looked at.
Ah, I see. That makes sense.. the more cosplays you can use the same contacts for the better.

I can vote for HoneyColor personally, that's where I got my violet lenses.

*~In progress~*

FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #57725
Ilafatyu
That guy

Wondering if my budget would support getting red contact lenses. 3/4 of the characters I'm cosplaying this year have the same color eyes... But with all the horror stories I've heard, I'm petrified of ordering contacts online.
Also they tend to have large irises, and I don't like that look.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #57726
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I have the perfect contacts for a cosplay, but arg! They don't come in prescription, this is terrible.
I'm still thinking of getting them, and just forgo seeing for the sake of cosplay. If I get too needy, I guess I could carry my glasses with me and use them when I absolutely need them...
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #57727
MotherSilver

Quote:
Ah, I see. That makes sense.. the more cosplays you can use the same contacts for the better.

I can vote for HoneyColor personally, that's where I got my violet lenses.
I think I am going to get them from honeycolor, just based off the picture they had (which I know is slightly photoshopped but still) they looked really good and a lot of cosplayers I have seen with them look good with them as well. I'm just worried due to me having dark eyes but that is one thing I have heard is that honey color contacts are good with dark eyes. I'm glad to hear multiple good stories from them, I was hesitant to buy from them to begin with. I'll just double check my prescription and order them lol
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #57728
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oh geebus...I've done it again! >.< I randomly picked up a manga to read yesterday and guess what....I'm love with it. I love the characters. And the character I want to cosplay as has the same color/length of the wig I'm gonna order soon for another character that I'm working on already! x3 This is what I get for not being able to sleep late at night -_-

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 02-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #57729
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Not completely cosplay related, but after my friend told me yesterday that Panty & Stocking had a Transformers parody while at a convention, and I was mentioning that I wanted to check the show out, I literally had like 5 other people at the con telling me that I NEED to watch the show once they heard I have never seen it XD Lol, the Stocking cosplayer I took a picture of was super shocked I have never seen it XXD Going to order it online today sometime though ^.^

On a cosplay related note...I saw a Blood Dupre cosplay from Alice in the Country of Hearts, and now I'm tempted to cosplay him too
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #57730
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I think I am going to get them from honeycolor, just based off the picture they had (which I know is slightly photoshopped but still) they looked really good and a lot of cosplayers I have seen with them look good with them as well. I'm just worried due to me having dark eyes but that is one thing I have heard is that honey color contacts are good with dark eyes. I'm glad to hear multiple good stories from them, I was hesitant to buy from them to begin with. I'll just double check my prescription and order them lol
Aren't most circle lenses made with Asian cosplayers in mind? So dark eyes should be no problem.
Go ahead and order, HoneyColor is a good store.

*~In progress~*

FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 02-17-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #57731
MotherSilver

Quote:
Aren't most circle lenses made with Asian cosplayers in mind? So dark eyes should be no problem.
Go aheaf and order, HoneyColor is a good store.
I actually saw another pair of contacts on honeycolor that I'm debating on now XD so I have two that I'm looking at and have to decide on. I still need to double check my prescription (although it hasn't changed in five years and I keep seeing doctors regularly) but still better safe than sorry!

http://www.honeycolor.com/dolly-red.html this is the other one I'm looking at, I'm so torn between this pair and the one you showed me earlier.

Edit: I found these as well.

http://www.honeycolor.com/red-manson-crazy-lens.html

http://www.honeycolor.com/monster-red-crazy-lens.html

Last edited by MotherSilver : 02-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #57732
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I actually saw another pair of contacts on honeycolor that I'm debating on now XD so I have two that I'm looking at and have to decide on. I still need to double check my prescription (although it hasn't changed in five years and I keep seeing doctors regularly) but still better safe than sorry!

http://www.honeycolor.com/dolly-red.html this is the other one I'm looking at, I'm so torn between this pair and the one you showed me earlier.

Edit: I found these as well.

http://www.honeycolor.com/red-manson-crazy-lens.html

http://www.honeycolor.com/monster-red-crazy-lens.html
Those seem cool too. Now you just have to decide which. XD

*~In progress~*

FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #57733
Khorrupt

One of my friends cosplays Artemis, and she just got her wig today. Thing is, she bought the curly one that she figured she could just flat-iron, because it was cheaper. Her, being a complete noob at anything fashion-related, including using a flat-iron without singing your fingers constantly, asked me if I could flat-iron it for her, and I say, sure, no problem.

So it takes like half an hour to stuff her seriously long hair into a wig cap, and once I finally put the wig on her, I'm like, okay, well, it's not actually TERRIBLY thick, so this shouldn't really take that long, right?

It took me TWO HOURS to straighten that thing >.> Why, straight wig, did you have to cost so much...?

Last edited by Khorrupt : 02-17-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #57734
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
I have the perfect contacts for a cosplay, but arg! They don't come in prescription, this is terrible.
I'm still thinking of getting them, and just forgo seeing for the sake of cosplay. If I get too needy, I guess I could carry my glasses with me and use them when I absolutely need them...
Why not have your glasses on when walking around the con and take them off for photos? No risk of bumping into people or whatnot.

*~In progress~*

FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #57735
vicomtedechagny

I'm pretty sure looking for decently priced sequins in bulk is going to kill me
vicomtedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote