Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #57766
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

I'm starting my journey for Närcon Vinter today, AAAWWW YEEEEEAAAAA so excited! The con starts on Friday but I have to leave earlier because I will be traveling 19 hours by bus & train. I'm finishing my packing right now and I hope I'm not forgetting anything..
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #57767
Altrus
I love dogs!

I wonder how the members of one of my favorite bands will react when I have taken their incredibly awesome concept album character and sprinted with it. I'm taking some incredible design liberties on this new Protoman outfit.
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #57768
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

I girded my loins and tackled the tiny, detailed, holy-cow-my-eyes-are-bleeding embroider for the emblem on the jacket. The kanji below is so tiny, one thread doubled up was almost too much. >.< Plus, I snapped my embroidery ring. *cries.* I had to stitch with moving fabric.

I have two more circles to embroider tomorrow after work, and then.... and then... and then...... *deep breath.* My Persona 4 uniform will be complete!
....save the glasses. I still need to paint the rainbow stripes on those.

Progress pics of the jacket and upclose and personal.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #57769
Kiichigo

MY COSPLAY PARTNER IS FINALLY INTO MY LITTLE PONY I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LOOOONG FOR THIS ASDFGHJKL <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I'm always the first of us to go into a fandom and then slooowly make her join it... Hehehe. Happened with Homestuck and Hetalia and now MLP
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #57770
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Got off my arse to work on my wings and thought I was done cutting. Nope, realized that I need to make a second pair.... fudge.
Planned Cosplay 2017 - Everything all gold, woo!
Gilgamesh [Fate Series]
Kayle - The Judicator [League of Legends]
Sagitarrius Aiolis [Saint Seiya]
Genji [Overwatch - Ocre]
9S [Nier]
Geralt [Witcher 3 - Wolven]
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #57771
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I remember that gif from earlier^^

I TOTALLY have to make it then! Are you still being Labrador?
Yes I am! We're shooting for next Katsucon on Sunday ^^
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #57772
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I may end up having to sell one of the costumes I had lined up for Sakura-Con because I need money for supplies.

I hate being broke. "otz
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #57773
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I'm REALLY annoyed right now. The good news is, the wig I got for Chizuru came in. A. It's so long. O_O Like I wasn't expecting it to be that long. At least it detangles easily. B For some reason the side bangs are cut short. Like...why!? Even if I do cut the wig shorter for Chizuru's hair length I don't think it would look right since her hair is longer in the pre-cut part(to almost reaching her shoulder) Ugh. >_<

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 02-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #57774
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Yes I am! We're shooting for next Katsucon on Sunday ^^
If you let me, I'm soooo there! What other characters will you have?
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #57775
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
If you let me, I'm soooo there! What other characters will you have?
We'd love to have you!

So far it's just Frau and I but I'm gonna see if I can bribe my friend into being Castor if he can make it on sunday!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #57776
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I'm having a Love Hate relationship with Patterns.
I love buying them but How can a 32 be a size 6, 8 and 10. And on top of that when I finish making it it's 3 sizes too big and its made for petite too T_T. I just got done with the Base of a shirt size 10 on the package for 32. I could still take the whole back panel out I really want to cry right now. I wasted a yard of fabric. but I'm glad I didn't make the dress.

COSPLAYS
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear card Heart dress
Random Neko....
Grey Chocobo Kigurumi
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #57777
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
We'd love to have you!

So far it's just Frau and I but I'm gonna see if I can bribe my friend into being Castor if he can make it on sunday!
Then I'll try my best to be there ^-^
Now to start working, I think I'll probably end up being Teito!
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #57778
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Yay Teito! ^^
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #57779
Talossa
We try hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
I'm having a Love Hate relationship with Patterns.
I love buying them but How can a 32 be a size 6, 8 and 10. And on top of that when I finish making it it's 3 sizes too big and its made for petite too T_T. I just got done with the Base of a shirt size 10 on the package for 32. I could still take the whole back panel out I really want to cry right now. I wasted a yard of fabric. but I'm glad I didn't make the dress.
These might be some obvious questions, but:

a) Have you taken your own measurements recently/accurately?
b) Are you looking at the measurement chart on the back of the pattern envelope to determine which size to make?

If the answer to either of those is no, that might be the cause of your problem. If the answer to those is yes, then:

c) Which pattern company's pattern are you using? Different pattern companies have different ideas of how things should fit, and sometimes that fit is just TERRIBLE. If you're using Simplicity, for example, I've found that their patterns tend to run HUGE. (As in, I'm pretty sure a blouse does not need 12 inches of ease!!!)

Because it can be such a pain trying to get things fitted and sized correctly, it can help to make a mock-up garment of really cheap fabric first before you start using the good stuff. Muslin is good for this, as are old bedsheets (you can get them SUPER cheap at a thrift store, just make sure you wash them well first!)
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #57780
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

DX I was hoping my mom would take me shopping to get stuff for Saphir's jacket, but no such luck. What kills me is the mall is right across the street and I could walk there if It wasn't so damn cold -3-