Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1168 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #57841
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I don't why it is so hard to find boots that are similar to hers. -_- Actually, it's hard to find white boots that short in general. Now I wish I started working on her in the beginning of winter so I would be able to go boot shopping for her.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #57842
twixel

Got all the supplies I needed for Orion, but the pattern I bought for the pants was the wrong size.......gosh I need to learn to read the package BEFORE I buy something.......
twixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #57843
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

I finally found and dug out my serger (I'd been using my sewing mentor's all this time), and since it's from the early 80s and hasn't been used in years, I'm so worried about the mostly-metal parts inside being rusted out. It might just need an oiling and a very thorough cleaning, but I'll be so sad if this serger is in disrepair. I know I've used it before years ago, the last time I dug it out, but it's still possible something happened during storage.

At the very least I need a cover for the poor thing, it must've gotten lost over the years. Ugh I hate dealing with dust.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #57844
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I want to cosplay Teito Klein from 07-Ghost in his mourning robes, so I've been looking for a black dress as a base. I find it funny that the only reason I'm looking for a dress if for a guy cosplay :3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #57845
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I want to cosplay Teito Klein from 07-Ghost in his mourning robes, so I've been looking for a black dress as a base. I find it funny that the only reason I'm looking for a dress if for a guy cosplay :3
I'm laughing at this far harder than I should be xD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #57846
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixel View Post
Got all the supplies I needed for Orion, but the pattern I bought for the pants was the wrong size.......gosh I need to learn to read the package BEFORE I buy something.......
I can relate to this as far as fabric goesXD I got Mio's fabric for Listen, thinking it was heather grey, cause i couldn't see the color right and ref pics correctly. Then i finally found a site by chance only to figure out it was light purple. How i mixed that up, not sure completely, but i figured i'll make use of what i have, sew the top and use or a mock tester and buy he proper colored fabric.X"D

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #57847
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Tried on my Saphir Shirt/jacket/thing and realized the buttons are way too noticeable DX That's one more thing I have to fix...

...But I made actual progress tonight! Look! Granted all I did was take the collar off and sew the silver thing off, but still, progress!

I swear I'm not really that pale xD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #57848
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixel View Post
Yay for supplies but that stinks. I sometimes do that too. I have a couple of patterns that will not work for me because they are too big. >_< Now I make sure I read each pattern just so it won't happen again.

So I like how JoAnns sends the coupon commotion coupons for two weeks from now after I went to JoAnns today. >_> Gah. I wasn't going to go but Butternick patterns are going to be 5 for $5 and well, yeah. I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Tried on my Saphir Shirt/jacket/thing and realized the buttons are way too noticeable DX That's one more thing I have to fix...

...But I made actual progress tonight! Look! Granted all I did was take the collar off and sew the silver thing off, but still, progress!

It looks good so far!

Quote:

Unread 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #57849
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Made a newbie!Klein From Sword art online as a quickie-comfy costume, And I'm planning on fixing up my .hack//sign Sora for anime boston, but I need some other big project to get my creative passion-juices going. I've been in a huge slump, playing games and doing absolutely nothing artistic at all. I could tweek the Fury... But that thing is likely never coming out of retirement with it's transport costs and what-not ._.

Maybe it's time for attempt number 2 at half-scale optimus prime? (12.5 feet tall)
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #57850
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post

It looks good so far!
Thanks! I'm hoping to do more of the beading when I'm less tired DX
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #57851
momomilk

Thank you for all the compliments Excited to cosplay her for Sakura con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
So I caved in and bought the Amnesia artbook. So many reference images. Also the Amnesia group for Otakon is complete! Like we have all the guys! So this artbook can help with pictures too.
^ Niceeee. I caved and bought the Amnesia games for the PSP lol. I'm so poor now. I really want the artbook too :X When I look at the pictures, I really want to cosplay Shin x.x anyways... it's great you have a group!!

@Akahime: love the Chie gag glasses~

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicserendipity View Post
Need to figure out what I can use to put these rainbow stripes on the side of the glasses.
I need to do that too!! Gotta figure out howww o:
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #57852
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Wah. Fanime plans full speed ahead. Placed several orders for kimono!Watanuki (xxxHolic) and Richter (ToS: DotNW).

Hoping to get the final shaping on Richter's axe hilt done tonight, and hitting up Michael's/Joann tomorrow for materials for the hair clips for Watanuki/Yuuko/Himawari.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #57853
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

That was one of the most tiring cosplay shoot to date for me... Probably because it required me to actually play basketball. However, got some really awesome shots of Murasakibara! I can't wait for my friends to post them online. ><; Though... Its hard to play when you have a curtain of hair in front of your face. . .

Now to shower then work on Seymour!~
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #57854
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
I'm laughing at this far harder than I should be xD
My mom and brother had the same reaction! I laughed at myself too :3 My man-dress will be humorous indeed. I will have a swishy skirt!

Quote:

Looks really good so far!!! You also cut your hair! (Looks good ) And don't worry, I know exactly how you feel, I had to buy paler foundation because I go from super pale to translucent
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #57855
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
^ Niceeee. I caved and bought the Amnesia games for the PSP lol. I'm so poor now. I really want the artbook too :X When I look at the pictures, I really want to cosplay Shin x.x anyways... it's great you have a group!!
I would buy the game but my Japanese is not good enough to play any game. Lol.

Decided to start making the rolled flowers for Heroine. Yeah. I have one strip that I used fray check on the edges. That took wayyyy too long. Still waiting for it to dry before hopefully making it successfully.

Quote: