Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1521 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #57931
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I have fallen hopelessly in love with this outfit. I bemoan that I will never ever be able to make it.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/24bm07t.jpg
http://oi52.tinypic.com/xkt5js.jpg

I don't even know who that is, but it's amazing. D;
That's Teru, the guitarist of the band Versailles.

I can't remember exactly which outfit that is, and I have to catch the bus for work in about 4 minutes, but here are quick refs for you~

VK JRock outfits are AMAZING and were what made me start cosplaying in the first place. They give me hope that they're possible to make because they have to exist in the first place.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 02-27-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #57932
Blood_Sword
Sword boy!

Heh, seems I got the con flu after getting home from Närcon Vinter. Great.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #57933
Zoeyromanov
Bucky take the wheel

Got and made my England belt this past weekend. I was also looking for leather gloves and I knew where to look, but they didnt have the ones I liked. Funny thing is though they did back when my sister took me out to buy my bag - which was earlier this month (probably because winter is almost over so places are changing their layout/merchandise). Hopefully I find them this weekend.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #57934
Akahime
Red Princess

So... yesterday... wasted a lot of my time and I didn't get a chance to start on my wig and make drill curls. Whatever. I need chulk anyways after I actaully read a tutorial on it. LOL (since I wasn't willing enough to attempt and see if rubber cement glue thingy would actually damage the wig while drying since on the bad it could damage some surfaces)

Today though. Totally today I'm going to go and work on it.

Next cons: Anime Detour, Anime Central, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #57935
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

I really need to stop watching cosplay music videos... They make me depressed about myself and overly critical as well.

It's always skinny pretty people (understandable because they tend to look better in costume and on film) and it seems like people above a size 12 (figuratively speaking)are only put in when they are either guys or added for a satirical/humerus purpose

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #57936
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post

I can't remember exactly which outfit that is, and I have to catch the bus for work in about 4 minutes, but here is a quick ref for you~

VK JRock outfits are AMAZING and were what made me start cosplaying in the first place. They give me hope that they're possible to make because they have to exist in the first place.
I think making a Versailles (Teru) outfit is always going to be my ultimate goal of cosplay. Because god knows that will take a fortune or a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyokun View Post
I really need to stop watching cosplay music videos... They make me depressed about myself and overly critical as well.

It's always skinny pretty people (understandable because they tend to look better in costume and on film) and it seems like people above a size 12 (figuratively speaking)are only put in when they are either guys or added for a satirical/humerus purpose
This. This so hard. I especially need to stop the habit of looking up cosplayers for a character when I decide to cosplay them.
It's never a good idea and makes me feel like poop. ;-;

Still not sure whether I want to spend the money I have now on the last few accessories for Ciel or a new wig. Getting a new wig would be fairly exciting, but it would also force me into making a certain outfit.

Also, Takane Shijou, stop making me want to cosplay you. I'm not tall or skinny at all and can't afford to try to make your fabulous clothes. ;-;
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #57937
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post

Also, Takane Shijou, stop making me want to cosplay you. I'm not tall or skinny at all and can't afford to try to make your fabulous clothes. ;-;
There's always her casual everyday clothes like this. XD My sister is much better at finding idolm@ster outfits than me though..

Started making my schedule for the next school year and I'm taking a jewelry class...which means make all the jewelery I need for future cosplays! I already know I'm going to become the professor's best friend so I can learn how to make everything.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #57938
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Debating, when I go back to college in the fall, getting my hair cut into a near-exact replica of Quorra's. My own hair's pretty similar, it'd just require a change of bangs and assymetrical sides, and dyeing it to black or off-black. I need to try my wig on sans my ton of eye makeup and see if it still suits me. And then, I dunno if my own hair style would consistently look decent with it (my hair is naturally fairly wavy past two inches, fine, and loves to get frizzy in any humidity. It's a nightmare in summer). And THEN, how on earth do I put that up for wearing wigs? My current angled bob is difficult enough. Rrrgh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #57939
Krohiten

Better lose that weight...qq
Krohiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #57940
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
There's always her casual everyday clothes like this. XD My sister is much better at finding idolm@ster outfits than me though..
True. I'd still need the wig though..and somewhere to wear it. That's more my issue this year than anything else. /I've got too many damned outfits planned to wear anywhere/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohiten View Post
Better lose that weight...qq
*half of my cosplay career*
Judal, why must you mock me. (And Takane. But pshh.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #57941
redsheep

I find I'm a lot less critical of cosplay quality in real life than online.

Also I cut my hair. It may be too short for Aranea now, but it's nearly perfect for Snow.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #57942
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

I did more beading on Sapphire's jacket tonight! Look! I'm Sparkly!
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #57943
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
I think making a Versailles (Teru) outfit is always going to be my ultimate goal of cosplay. Because god knows that will take a fortune or a lot of time.
Probably both, just saying. I know there's one girl on coscom who did an amazing Jasmine You cosplay and I think it ran her something like $1500. The devil's in the details.

I feel like Versailles is too far on the sophisticated side of VK cosplay for me. I like the rougher, more ridiculous look. Like VK era Dir en Grey and DespairsRay and Amaterase and Vidoll.

Once I stop getting sidetracked with all these anime cosplays, I'ma get right on remaking my Myaku Toshiya costume and remaking his ridiculously amazing bass so that it functions to go with it.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #57944
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:

I can't remember exactly which outfit that is, and I have to catch the bus for work in about 4 minutes, but here is a quick ref for you~
Ah, thanks. You're my hero of the day. Maybe someday I'll be that good, and hopefully I'll still have the body to wear 'em when that day comes. xD

(I find it kind of hilarious that the audience is sitting down and listening politely.)

Quote:
Judal, why must you mock me.

---

I think making a Versailles (Teru) outfit is always going to be my ultimate goal of cosplay.
You there. Stop that thing where you get in my brain. This is the second time this week. xD

facebook page // nh/mass cosplay events
Next event: ???

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Actively conctructing : Zell, Soren, Zexion
Back burner : Absol gijinka, Lie Ren
Coming next : Cloud, Kafei
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #57945
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsheep View Post
I find I'm a lot less critical of cosplay quality in real life than online.
This is so very true. This is why I try really hard to go to cons often. If I go too long without them I tend to forget my reasonable perception of quality with costumes and at least think like a pompous asshat when I see pictures of them ._.;
Or I get really downtrodden and see everything as amazing because I'm horrible. I have a lot of extremes.

Quote:
Probably both, just saying. I know there's one girl on coscom who did an amazing Jasmine You cosplay and I think it ran her something like $1500. The devil's in the details.
True. Oh man, not prepared for that ;-; I'm just gonna go back to the Jpop bands now for any band cosplays. OTL *An Cafe mainly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
You there. Stop that thing where you get in my brain. This is the second time this week. xD
Hey, isn't my fault~ :P

I'm having a dilemma. My two costumes I would choose for Momocon are drastically different in sizing.
Ririchiyo is tight enough to be uncomfortable but not too tight to wear. The version of Ciel I have right now is big enough to be annoying but not so big it's falling off of me.
OH MY GOD COSTUMES STAHP. I JUST WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE ;A;
Also thinking if nothing can be done with Ririchiyo (and possibly if I have my Funtom rabbit by then), I'll wear Ciel to Momocon instead. If I do that, I'll try to wear Ririchiyo to meetups and possibly AWA if any of my InuBo friends are coming down for that >.< If not..cosplays go according to plan.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons