Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1128 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #57961
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I was going to get some work done this weekend. Probably on my Fangirl and Tim's new beanie. But now there's studying for midterms, laundry, getting things started for a new RPG session, and cleaning up the apartment. :: sigh :: At least once class is done on Wednesday I'm done for over a week thanks to spring break. I might actually be able to get some work done then.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #57962
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Dear self: please do not come back from Japan with another list of costumes you want to make. (Also do not buy fabric or any other textiles. You will regret it. YOU DO NOT NEED MORE PROJECTS.)
Especially since I'm not taking a craft project with me. It's probably a good idea to give my arms a complete rest, and I don't have anything that'll pack conveniently small anyway. >_>

... inspiteoffriendspushingforyoudoingtsubasareservoir chroniclewiththem ...
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #57963
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Awww yeah, got my Backlace prop for Panty all done~!
In progress:
| Yuu Kashima - 80%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #57964
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I don't have any family TV on tonight and my only homework is to study for a math quiz tomorrow, meaning I can probably finish this half of Sapphire's jacket! Woohoo!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #57965
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So the Ikki from the Amnesia group introduced me to RWBY for a group she wants to put together for Katsucon. And Ruby. <3 THAT SCYTHE, her outfit. I love it. XD It's still a maybe for me to go to Katsucon next year but I think it would be fun to make a Ruby cosplay. Plus then I can use my Red cloak for her. Yay double cloak usage!

Also it looks like there's going to be a LOT of Morgianas at AnimeNext T_T I feel like it's going to be a repeat of last year with Rin and I'll not want to wear Morgiana again after that con.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 02-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #57966
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I know this picture's blurry (blame my webcam) but I'm Almost halfway done with Sapphire's jacket! ^^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #57967
KatyCruel

So I feel like a freaking genius about my Merida wig right now. What I had was a Glinda from Arda and two matching long curly clips. What I'd been doing was putting the clips on with wig combs instead of the claw clips, on top of the wig under a few layers. What I discovered I could do was PUT THEM ON MY WIG CAP UNDER THE BASE WIG. Guys, I feel like a genius. It's so much lighter and easier and I've actually ordered a third clip so I can have one in the back since the weight's been so reduced.

2013 Con Season!
- No-Brand Con (Eau Claire, WI - April 12-14) DONE!
- Anime Detour (Minneapolis, MN - April 19-21) DONE!
- Animinneapolis (Minneapolis, MN - June 28-30)
- MetaCon (Minneapolis, MN - August 30-September 1)
- TeslaCon (Madison, WI - October 31-November 3)
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #57968
Khorrupt

So, my friend springs this thing on me about a formal ball at the next con I'm going to, which she knew I'd bite on, but it's MLP themed, and I'm not a fan of MLP, but I say, ah, what the hell -- why not?

She said I'm going to be Applejack (presumably because I'm blonde), but then I was thinking, okay, I have NO money for this, and she just told me not to worry about anything related to my dress or accessories -- she's got it all covered.

I am TERRIFIED.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - 45% complete
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #57969
strangewater

I am dying a wig for the first time using the sharpie-by-hand method! I wanted to make sure I had plenty of sharpies to color my entire 28 inch wig (a daunting task, no?), so I bought a lot. And I mean a lot. And in hindsight, I don't think I needed to order 4 packs of 12 sharpies. Starting to feel a little bit regretful, lol!

Current Project:
Diana [ver. Dark Valkyrie]

Future Projects:
Caithe
strangewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #57970
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I was supposed to do a lot of sewing today. But instead I wound up cleaning up the cosplay room. I guess at least I did something?

I sewed the top two seams in my friend's Sayaka skirt so I could take out the pins and be ready for tomorrow when she comes over so we can cut the bottom. And I did a pleating test on some other fabric. I also set my Asuna fabric to wash. I have a beautiful dark red cotton sateen and a much brighter red one. For her skirt and her armbands, respectively. I decided to wash them together because in the event that the darker red fabric dyes the lighter red, so much the better for me because the lighter red is WAY bright and could probably benefit from being darkened up a little.

Not a very productive day, but it could have been worse. At least I didn't sit around playing Final Fantasy Tactics all day again. Just til noon this time...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #57971
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My week off ends Sunday... what to do next week? I need to get started on my winged elf.... I need to wash my cosplays from Con-G.... I need to start R&Ding just how to do some decent armpieces on Quorra (ugh. First versions, did NOT stay in place. They looked awful in photos)... and I've hatched a plan to try and make a couple bucks on the side by selling parasprite plushies for sale once I refine the process to look a bit more professional. What to choose? @_@
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #57972
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Time, why you know work for me? Also, I hate pleats that I need to make sure are ironed or it won't look right. I'm looking at you Jin hakama.

I'm just gonna go buy Hijikata's cosplay and save me the effort. >.> Express shipping is going to murder my wallet but thats alright.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #57973
OldestAngel

Apparently, actually working on cosplay helps get it done.

Who would have thought?!
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #57974
trmbngrl
Britt

I'm so scared to press any further on this outfit and COMPLETELY mess it up.
><
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #57975
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

It's past 2am, but the two stripes on the back of this jacket are finished. The outfit is complete.
Again.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote