Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #58021
momomilk

I need to dye the ends of my wig for my LoL Sona cosplay -o-; Researching ways on how to do that. Man I have a lot of props to get done but so little time! :X (Wig styling/cutting/dying, painting glasses, making Naoto's hat, gotta shop for some fabric and supplies, building a gun and maybe a huge harp). YUP, a lot and so little time! 26 days till Sakura-con

And then I have the urge to cosplay other characters but I gotta not tempt myself lol. Also got my Lisbeth wig! Have yet to try it on but it looks nice ^o^
Free! - Haruka Nanase

momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #58022
shmac

I am about to tear my hair out. My fabric is just not dyeing the way that I want it do. No matter how many times I dye it, it won't get darker than beige. And it's LINEN. Not to mention on the most recent dye, it didn't dye evenly. Urrrrgh.

I've pretty much declared war on it. I concocted a color from dark brown and green (which pretty much made black), and soaked it.
Maybe it'll make it to a medium gray. I could live with that.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #58023
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

You know, as far as the Yu-Gi-Oh! series goes, I can only claim to actually like the original show. I thought GX was stupid and I never paid attention to anything after that... yet here I am watching YGOGX Abridged and I find myself wanting to cosplay Jaden because I love ShadyVox's Jaden. XD

Well, that'll have to go on my list for next year, I suppose...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #58024
OliverExorcist
Captain Teemo on Duty!!

I'm really worried that my America cosplay costume & wig won't get here on time for Triad Anime Con. D':
If it doesn't arrive in time, I'll have to cosplay as CD Version Prussia.. That wouldn't work out so well though. My friend is going with me as England.. Prussia & England? Talk about a crack pairing. xD
So, I'm really hoping it's here in time. What's more perfect than America & England? ^.^

America/Alfred F. Jones SELLING!!!
Frostfire Annie
Prussia(War of the Austrian Succession)SELLING!!!

Next Con: Animazement!
Saturday: Female Frosted Ezreal!!, & Sunday: Ezreal, Blitzcrank, or Frostfire Annie or Fem!Blitzcrank

Work in Progress!:
Glaceon
Espurr
Team Magma Member
Miss Fortune Mafia Ver.
Fem!Handsome Jack
Fem!Ezreal
Fem!Debonair Jayce
Tiny Tina
Super Teemo
OliverExorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #58025
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Ordered my contacts for Ritsuka and Russia, now I play the waiting game.
The more I wait the more nervous I get, I've heard such horror stories about ordering contacts online, and I'm a bit worried about the color.
It's almost impossible to find pictures of that color with blue eyes and that worries me a bit. They are going to stand out a lot more against brown eyes than blue eyes so I have absolutely no idea how they'll look with my eyes. Oh, the nervesss.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #58026
emmisu
King of Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
...I don't even know why I opened my mouth...sorry for such a stupid thought...

Hey its totally not a stupid thought, above poster was just being real with you. Dreams are great, but you have to have one foot in reality to make them happen!

I think the biggest issue I'd notice would be ~COPYRIGHT~ Hetalia is a Japanese franchise and they probably would get upset if you capitalized on their stuff.

I also have a dream of building and running my own theme restaurant complete with costumed servers and spectacular food. But I wouldn't advise basing something like that on a specific series or anime. I mean, if you want to have a "world fair' restaurant that served in season dishes from countries around the world, and showcased a chef from each respective country to really improve cultural awareness, that would be successful. you can even have your servers wear uniforms relating to their native culture if you want. There you go, world food! That's basically what you want, minus the copyrighted material. Think outside the box and inside the law and you will surely find success!

Also don't be so hard on yourself, just cause people criticize or something doesn't mean you're stupid or it was a bad idea. You have ambition, and that's a great thing! We rarely reach success following the original plan we set, we change and grow it based on what's feasible and what we think will be better. Don't submit to scrutiny, own it and use it as a tool to scrutinize your work yourself and improve what's missing. We cannot reach our full potential without being criticized first

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #58027
Julesie

I'm unsure what character I want to cosplay. My friends are doing a Kuroko no basket photoshoot and group cosplay at a convention this autumn. At first I volunteered to do Ryo Sakurai as I like him and the other two characters I wanted to do were taken.
I then realised that everyone else was from the generation of miracles and learnt about Akashi. I've really come to like what I know so far about him but as he hasn't properly appeared I'm hesitant.
Then I found out that he's free and I'd like to do him but.... I'm just hesitant to do a character I don't know really well.
I then found out another girl is thinking of doing him. The only problem with Ryo, as much as I love him, is his design is SO boring....

I'm leaning towards Akashi but they seem so excited for me to be Ryo...
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #58028
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My cousin who first got me into Sailor Moon found out today that I plan to cosplay Ali and freaked out saying how excited she is to see that since she LOVED Ali & En when she watched the show as a kid. When I told me mom this she said "Well get her to be the other one. She's such a goer, I think she'd let you paint her green."

...I very much like this idea.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #58029
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Apparently, finding a wig is being more of a pain in the butt then I thought it was going to be and its not with the person who I'll probably be buying said wig from.

Other news of today, I'm now apart of a cosplay group. Mainly because they've seen me around a lot and I cosplay the same things as them...so it just makes sense? lolz oh wells...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #58030
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Other news of today, I'm now apart of a cosplay group. Mainly because they've seen me around a lot and I cosplay the same things as them...so it just makes sense? lolz oh wells...
Wow! That's fantastic! No, seriously! You're so lucky to be a part of a cosplay group. I wish I could be in one...

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
[b][size="1"]Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #58031
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Wow! That's fantastic! No, seriously! You're so lucky to be a part of a cosplay group. I wish I could be in one...
Well it just kinda sort of happened? My last couple groups all kinda bailed or drama out on me. Hopefully this one works out well. Though its kinda awkward being one of the oldest in the group? I'm only 21 but at some point there is only so much immature behavior I can deal with.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #58032
nekokitkat
Nekokitkat

Hiya um hmm well I love to cosplay but the past few years I have sub-cum to tremors and sporadic involuntary movements as part of a disease I have. I have been chrona from Soul Eater in the past so my spasms look like I am in character by being possessed by black blood. But this year I'd like to do a pretty long flowy dress from cardcaptor sakura. My spasms cause me to fall and accidentally hit people, I don't mean too I have no control. I am weary about my condition and i have great friends at anime expo to support me, physically and emotionally. I do admit I am bit self contentious about my condition. you think it would be wise for me to be in a dress that Icould potentially hurt my self in or even carry a staff?
nekokitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #58033
nekokitkat
Nekokitkat

Hiya um hmm well I love to cosplay but the past few years I have sub-cum to tremors and sporadic involuntary movements as part of a disease I have. I have been chrona from Soul Eater in the past so my spasms look like I am in character by being possessed by black blood.

But this year I'd like to do a pretty long flowy dress from cardcaptor sakura. My spasms cause me to fall and accidentally hit people, I don't mean too I have no control. the attacks can last from a few seconds to several min and i look like I am having a seizure. I get them about 20- 50 times a day. I am weary about my condition and I have great friends at anime expo to support me, physically and emotionally.

I do admit I am bit self contentious about my condition. you think it would be wise for me to be in a dress that I could potentially hurt my self in or even carry a staff?
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #58034
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokitkat View Post
Hiya um hmm well I love to cosplay but the past few years I have sub-cum to tremors and sporadic involuntary movements as part of a disease I have. I have been chrona from Soul Eater in the past so my spasms look like I am in character by being possessed by black blood. But this year I'd like to do a pretty long flowy dress from cardcaptor sakura. My spasms cause me to fall and accidentally hit people, I don't mean too I have no control. I am weary about my condition and i have great friends at anime expo to support me, physically and emotionally. I do admit I am bit self contentious about my condition. you think it would be wise for me to be in a dress that Icould potentially hurt my self in or even carry a staff?
Fair warning: This may sound harsh. I don't mean it in that way. Ehem..

Stop. Just stop. Don't you EVER let any kind of condition that you can't help stop you from doing anything. EVER. I've my own issue I have to deal with, granted it's far less severe than yours, but I will NEVER let that stop me from cosplaying any character. Neither should you. I say go for it! Cosplay whatever you please. If someone says ANYTHING at all, that just shows how disgusting of a person they are. Cardcaptor Sakura is a great series to cosplay from, as Sakura herself has a TON of outfits to choose from! In all honesty, I say do it and do it proudly! You have me backing you uo 10000% on this! Go for it and cosplay proud, spasms and all!

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
[b][size="1"]Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #58035
nekokitkat
Nekokitkat

Quote:
Fair warning: This may sound harsh. I don't mean it in that way. Ehem..

Stop. Just stop. Don't you EVER let any kind of condition that you can't help stop you from doing anything. EVER. I've my own issue I have to deal with, granted it's far less severe than yours, but I will NEVER let that stop me from cosplaying any character. Neither should you. I say go for it! Cosplay whatever you please. If someone says ANYTHING at all, that just shows how disgusting of a person they are. Cardcaptor Sakura is a great series to cosplay from, as Sakura herself has a TON of outfits to choose from! In all honesty, I say do it and do it proudly! You have me backing you uo 10000% on this! Go for it and cosplay proud, spasms and all!
Thank you so much! and no you aren't harsh at all. Thank you for your support I'll definitely cosplay her then. I shouldn't let my health get in the way of something I love so thank you. yeah people can be very harsh and judgmental. Yeah its a great series! Yes she has tons of outfits so I am sure I can alter it or change my choice if need be. Thank you so much, seriously thanks *HUGS*