Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #58051
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx

Today at my local Target there were three girls from my school dress as Superheroes. :O
It was Captain America, Wonderwomen and what I believe was Black Cat (because of the mask) but my brother says she was Catwomen. >.>

Anyways I was so happy seeing that three other girls are into super heroes at my school other then myself xD

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)

Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #58052
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My friends want to go back to Sakura Con next year. T_T Depending on how early I can get them to plan it I may be able to go because buying 6 months in advance means cheaper plane tickets. So probably not, maybe I can convince them that we should go to AX or something. >.> that way it doesn't interfere with school.

Also...still waiting for glue to dry.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #58053
MotherSilver

akl;fioubhn HEMS. HEMS CAN GO DIE IN A FIRE.

I am in so much 'stiff pain' now from hemming my sisters skirt for her dress. Oh god, the pain.

But it looks pretty!

I'm now currently figuring out what flower petals to cut out and put on said skirt. I think I'm just going to bs it and make random flowers different sizes/shapes.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #58054
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Whew...home from ConNooga.

That was pretty awesome, bad weather and drunks considered.
Now...to get back to working on the last of my cosplays....stupid Momocon being next week...I need more time.

Dear convention planners....March is not the month to cram all of the conventions in. You're killing me.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #58055
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

Finally getting the confidence to cosplay Morrigan from Darkstalkers. I have some self esteem issues but I have been working out and feel really good about myself and my body, plus I'll admit my hips looked pretty good in my bodysuit.

Last edited by NeonGenki : 03-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #58056
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Since my grandma bought me a new, nicer suit jacket today, I think I'm going to take my old suit jacket, sew some tails into the back and use it for Karasu.

Now I just have to figure out what exactly the color on the inside of his coat is. *takes this as an excuse to rewatch the Dark Tournament arc of Yu Yu Hakusho*
Yesssssss! Good luck on Karasu, I'm sure he'll turn out great~

I managed to hem Yusuke's shirt today and devised a plan to get the tags off his shoes. Also thinking of buying one of those gymnastics dance ribbon's for Sinbad. Blue of course to match, I think it would be fun to have as a prop~

Also, I needed to start writing out cosplay planning lists. I get so very lost without them.
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #58057
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Yesssssss! Good luck on Karasu, I'm sure he'll turn out great~

I managed to hem Yusuke's shirt today and devised a plan to get the tags off his shoes. Also thinking of buying one of those gymnastics dance ribbon's for Sinbad. Blue of course to match, I think it would be fun to have as a prop~

Also, I needed to start writing out cosplay planning lists. I get so very lost without them.
Oh god, cosplay planning lists are my saviors! I have to make a new checklist for every costume!

And thanks, I'm just hoping the coattails don't prove to be as hard as I originally feared
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Nao Midorikawa-Smile Precure, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #58058
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Juban ordered; sleeves finished... all that's left is hemming and dying and I'll be done with the outfit portion for Kenshin! All I need to do now is cut the bangs on the wig... And seeing as how I just brushed up on cutting bangs on myself just yesterday, I can probably do it this weekend after all school projects are done.

Ah, it's so nice to get back into the swing of things! <3
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #58059
KatyCruel

OHBALLS.
I just realized I've spent over $160 on my Merida costume - not even counting the accessories or boots. The boots are going to be real leather and handmade, and will be doing quadruple duty for my Link costume, my Renaissance Faire garb, and my Steampunk costumes. They'll probably cost about $200. Eep. Thankfully the leather for the quiver will be free since my dad went hunting this year. XD

2013 Con Season!
- No-Brand Con (Eau Claire, WI - April 12-14) DONE!
- Anime Detour (Minneapolis, MN - April 19-21) DONE!
- Animinneapolis (Minneapolis, MN - June 28-30)
- MetaCon (Minneapolis, MN - August 30-September 1)
- TeslaCon (Madison, WI - October 31-November 3)
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #58060
Angii
Slifer Spaz

Frayblock needs a different smell. I didn't plan to turn to it, but since my original plan of french seams screwed up the stretch grain, the entire room now reeks of the stuff in my attempt to salvage my work. @__@ Worst headache ever.
In other news, I almost have a bodysuit now, and all of my props just need to be painted. Whoopee.
Angii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #58061
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Juban ordered; sleeves finished... all that's left is hemming and dying and I'll be done with the outfit portion for Kenshin! All I need to do now is cut the bangs on the wig... And seeing as how I just brushed up on cutting bangs on myself just yesterday, I can probably do it this weekend after all school projects are done.

Ah, it's so nice to get back into the swing of things! <3
I can't wait to see this!!
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #58062
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

I'm wishing I hadn't decided to sew this sleeve, all it's extra detailing and do the eyeleting on it while drunk the first time because having to do it again is horrible.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #58063
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Really hoping we get a snow event this week. Seriously, if we get a little snow, I'll be able to stay home and finish my Pirate Coat... Which will be the last piece for my Pinkie Pie-rate. And then I'll get to dive head first into my husband's Twilight Sarkle robes. Seriously, I just want to be done with this costume set.
Fix-it Faerie (Original Design), 1950s Housewife Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls... ish)

Clockwork_Ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #58064
SA2R
King of the Skies

Just got back from a con, and am ready to start on my next cosplay for a bigger con's cosplay contest. The thing is~ my group was bumped up to masters, and won first place ;; So we are gonna have to really step it up! TTwTT

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6

My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.

( ´ ▽ ` )v

Last edited by SA2R : 03-04-2013 at 10:17 AM.
SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #58065
ladysphinx07
Cats Don't Like Me Much

Sigh, I am suppose to take my younger brother to shop for fabric this week due to Jo Ann's big coupon promotion, but he's being such a little jerk, I really don't want to take him anywhere! I'm torn between my desire for cheap fabric/coupon usage and teaching him a lesson about respect. I'm so frustrated and angry with him, I really don't even want to be in the same room, let alone a 20 minute car ride....
ladysphinx07 is offline   Reply With Quote