Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1050 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #58246
Mr Zero

Hoping to get a X-force X-men group for Acen. Im doing Deadpool and at least one friend is doing Wolverine. Need more people
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #58247
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
How cosplayers are expected to have the skills of a hair stylist, a makeup artist, a dressmaker, an actor, a musician, and a dancer. What.
It's a multi-skill hobby. Fortunately you don't need to have all of them or be an expert at all/any of them. Also, I never really witnessed the dancer/musician part except in occasional masquerade performances (though I dance ballet myself, but I've never had the chance to use it in cosplay except for having awesome balance in heels).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #58248
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So all of a sudden, I just thought, "Wow wouldn't it be cool to do a kimono gijinka of Suicune?" And then I got this idea of an oiran inspired Suicune and there's now a design in my head.

%#@$.

In better news, got my dye. I'm probably going to test dye tonight on the spare fabric and then do the actual kimono dyeing tomorrow if the test ends up good. Bah, I'm nervous I'll screw it up. D:
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #58249
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Hijikata came in! Yay it fits! Now to go run across the island to get something for Seymour done. Also my wig is looking goodish? T_T ugh this cosplay.....

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #58250
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So all of a sudden, I just thought, "Wow wouldn't it be cool to do a kimono gijinka of Suicune?" And then I got this idea of an oiran inspired Suicune and there's now a design in my head.
OMG DO IT! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Hijikata came in! Yay it fits!
I want photos!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN-SWE-FIN DesuCruise (21-23th August 2014)
THU ???
FRI Sōji Okita (summer uniform) - Hakuōki SSL ~Sweet School Life~
SAT ---
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #58251
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
How cosplayers are expected to have the skills of a hair stylist, a makeup artist, a dressmaker, an actor, a musician, and a dancer. What.
Musician and dancer I've found no problems with unless maybe you want to add flair to a Vocaloid cosplay or are in a skit that requires it (same for acting, though I like to do it just around cons anyways)

This is part of the fun to me, though, is learning a lot of new skills I never had before to pull a costume together. It's interesting.

On a similar note, I'm entirely mindblown at how people cosplay Sakizo designs. (These)
Like...HOW?!! How are you so good to do that?!
It's on my dream list, but god, I can't imagine actually doing it right now. I honestly can't.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #58252
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post

%#@$.

In better news, got my dye. I'm probably going to test dye tonight on the spare fabric and then do the actual kimono dyeing tomorrow if the test ends up good. Bah, I'm nervous I'll screw it up. D:
Oh my gosh, please do it! Being a sole gijinka cosplayer, that would absolutely fill my heart with rainbows!

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #58253
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

My dad took me to a military surplus store to help me find something that resembles England's outfit -- but didn't find anything. I expected that; but it couldn't have hurt to look. Soo it looks like I may have to make it. BUT, I did find a hat I could use to cosplay Soviet!Russia, and got gloves for England. SCORE. I didn't actually get the hat but my dad is taking me back there since he's giving my sister a ride to work; and it's close. And getting fabric tomorrow, yess.
And I figured out who else who i'd like to cosplay -- Spain \=v=/. I said before that i'd cosplay the soccer ver. of him, but i'd also like to cosplay his military outfit.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold

Last edited by zeochan : 03-09-2013 at 07:51 PM.
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #58254
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Stop giving us ideas! (Although the designs are quite pretty so it's probably now on our futures list, haha.)
*evil cackle*

Can't wait to see pics of xxxHolic hair goodies and Richter's axe-thingy!

Bought some more patterns for fun. Plus dyeing supplies and dye for my Luna fabric experiment. I'll be be testing a swatch tonight to see how it goes.

@FuntomKitten: Sakizou is my dream right now. Some of her work is far easier to make than others. Unfortunately my dream outfit is from the Romantic Jewels series and it will be a while before I can attempt to make it. Though, if I reach that point, I will probably be able to make outfits for other people as well, so...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #58255
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Well, it's time to work on Karasu now! 8D
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #58256
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I should probably get off my lazy behind and cut up another white T-shirt for my Jolteon pants soon. .-.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #58257
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I sold my Elizabeth Bioshock cosplay, even though I hardly even had a chance to wear it. But at least the money will go first to buying me actual necessities. Like-- actual normal clothing that will fit.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #58258
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Making progress with polishing my furisode dressing skills for Hotaru. (lol of course the right panel hem decided to go SPLAT when I was finally getting other details right.) Here's what the back looks like. Getting the obi to sit and stay high enough, especially in back, is still an issue, but hopefully I can get tips and help for that at Sakuracon's kimono workshop. Still, I'm determined to get this right on my own.

@Reily96 - HOLY CRAP DO IT. I know I would love to do a Suicune maiko if that dressing and wig/kanzashi/hikizuri/darari obi-making wouldn't absolutely kill me dead.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #58259
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I found the perfect pants I could use for my Summer!Kenny cosplay, so beautiful and orange and jeans...And I'd so wear them in my daily life too.
But alas...They were almost ten sizes too big and the only pair left.
Go figures.
Guess I'd have to go with brown pants.

I'm getting a bit nervous about my Russia cosplay for A-Kon. I don't have much sewing skills yet, though I am working on improving, so I'm going to order it. But at this rate, I don't know if it'll be here in time and the site is so contradictory on their shipping and processing time! One part of the site says it only takes a week for processing and about a week for shipping to my area, but another part says it would take three to five weeks for shipping and processing eue.
And I still need to get my ears and tail for Ritsuka, I keep having nightmares that I'm not going to get them in time. At least I have a spare tail I could use...It's kinda old and kinked up, and it's missing the attachment piece.

I'm getting into the incredibly nervous phase of pre-con feels, I'm like tugging at my hair and getting all worried.
But my Ritsuka/Russia contacts came in earlier than expected~ And they're beautiful. They are really dry though, but I'm just used to having contacts with higher water content than normal.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #58260
~Naru~

Just finished my huge petticoat for my Miku dress~~ It only took like... 6 hours T.T But whatever, it turned out awesome!!
Korra (The Legend of Korra)
Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)
Nakaba (Dawn of the Arcana)
~Naru~ is offline   Reply With Quote