Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #58441
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Got fabric today to work on Asuna's cape/cloak! And also some white fabric so I can continue to work on Kuro Usagi My niece bought some fabric so she can learn how to make some clothes for her dolls, I wish I was taught at an early age~! xD

W.I.P:
Ariel's Pink Dress - The Little Mermaid
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #58442
AnimeLuxray25

I really wish I had white felt right now. ;A;
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #58443
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Squee! My Owloysius woodbaby puppet came and he's adorable! I'll be uploading a picture of him this evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #58444
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post

Also my need to coslay the protagonist from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and from Beyblade is through the roof.
OMG. Gale of Darkness. DOOO ITTTTTT.

I think.. I think I will get this petticoat. Yes, it is $65 but this would be so much easier than making it myself. Plus I tried calculating the cost of fabric and such and this is the better option. I'm going to need to sell off some cosplay stuff though so I can afford to make Koromaru as well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #58445
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
I'm sure it will just out awesome! Take your time if you need it~

Working on the tips of Jenos' glove today. Going pretty well I think for using a new method!

Also my need to coslay the protagonist from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and from Beyblade is through the roof.
Thanks! ^_^ this is why I'm starting early, so I have plenty of time to screw up ^^;
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #58446
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
GALE OF DARKNESS, oh my god. That will forever be my favorite Pokemon game. I'd like to go and play it if our game room actually had a suitable temperature (right now it goes from being ice cold to suffocatingly hot) I too have wanted to cosplay the protag for a while now.

Also, I have a horrible urge for cosplaying cocky manly men right now.
I'm considering attempting to make my dark blue wig work temporarily for Fushimi just to let this urge go away.
Fushimi and Izaya are just all over my brain right now despite not watching a lot of [K] or Durarara. And Nezumi, though I don't think he's cocky? I have watched too few of these series!!
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #58447
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Also my need to coslay the protagonist from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
OMG DO IT.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone cosplay him!

And by the way I'm actually re-playing through Pokémon Colosseum currently. xD
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #58448
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Tried loosening the curls on my Tsumugi wig and it turned out horribly frizzy, so now I've got to re-curl it. Urrggghhh.
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #58449
kenharel

I remember someone saying on here that for long wigs, buy from Epic Cosplay instead of Arda, since theirs don't tangle as much. I looked at both websites, and while the ones from Epic Cosplay were nice, I thought "Well, I've always bought from Arda, so I guess I'll order one from them!"

Yeah...

I took it out of the package and it's a mess. I don't have time to get a new one, but my stylist said she'd help me fix it. I have nothing against Arda, their wigs are great! But I think I'm just going to buy their short and seasonal wigs from now on.
-Koizumi Hanayo (Love Live!)

kenharel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #58450
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraduck09 View Post
I remember someone saying on here that for long wigs, buy from Epic Cosplay instead of Arda, since theirs don't tangle as much. I looked at both websites, and while the ones from Epic Cosplay were nice, I thought "Well, I've always bought from Arda, so I guess I'll order one from them!"

Yeah...

I took it out of the package and it's a mess. I don't have time to get a new one, but my stylist said she'd help me fix it. I have nothing against Arda, their wigs are great! But I think I'm just going to buy their short and seasonal wigs from now on.
I have (or had before I cut it shorter) a butt-long wig from Epic Cosplay. Honestly, if you store it properly (even just carefully putting it back into its bag) it won't tangle very much. The only reason mine got such a mess is because I was stupid and stuffed it into its bag one day @.@; Yeah, not a good idea.

On that note, I started watching Amnesia again.
I shouldn't have started watching Amnesia again.
Ikki and Shin are calling me. Especially Ikki. Blue color scheme, tailcoat, gets all the chicks. Mm.
..But I still need to finish the series before I decide anything. That opinion could change easily (I just have it in my sig since it's my opinion now)
..It also kills me because I know somewhere I have blue eyeliner I could practice his spade with. >:U WHERE IS IT.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #58451
Khorrupt

I'm kind of irritated that Metathiax isn't going to be ready for MTAC, so I'm going to have to maaaaajourly cut her down. Black hair instead of red hair, red eyes instead of black and white eyes, no horns -- maybe I'll be able to find something else to use in place of them, I'll have to use my regular spiky teeth instead of my gross ones, and I won't have my gross fingernails ready to use at MTAC either.

AGH.
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #58452
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm not really sure what I want to do with my Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay in terms of embellishments....part of me wants to do something and part of me wants to just leave it. But it's CLAMP. CLAMP is the epitome of crazy fancy dressy gravity-defying outfits.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #58453
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
On that note, I started watching Amnesia again.
I shouldn't have started watching Amnesia again.
Ikki and Shin are calling me. Especially Ikki. Blue color scheme, tailcoat, gets all the chicks. Mm.
..But I still need to finish the series before I decide anything. That opinion could change easily (I just have it in my sig since it's my opinion now)
..It also kills me because I know somewhere I have blue eyeliner I could practice his spade with. >:U WHERE IS IT.
You should do ittt. And I'm cosplaying Heroine so yeah!

GAH! The emblem for Marie's bag...the sharpie smudged everywhere when I coated it in modge podge. -_-. It look a bit crappy now but I don't have more gold craft foam to make another so I'm just going to go with this I guess...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #58454
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Hooray, I got my checking account set up! Once I get my card, I am going to do a little bit of shopping at Jo-Ann's (or maybe Hancock Fabrics if my mom decides to take the semi-long drive?) so I can start work on my 3AM Dress. Also, I am going to order a wig for my good friend. Now that I have an account, I don't have to wait for the payment to withdraw and clear, it'll be pretty much instant.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #58455
momomilk

Welp. I'm getting paranoid a bit. Con's coming up soon and the commissioner I got to work on one of my cosplays (cause its way too complicated for me) hasn't contacted me in like...2 weeks so...you know, I'm a bit worried and on edge >.>

Other than that, got some fw ink at my local uni bookstore (surprised to find it there). Gonna use it to dye a wig O:

You guys talking about Amnesia makes me really want to cosplay Shin :3
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote