Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1095 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #58471
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
You guys talking about Amnesia makes me really want to cosplay Shin :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Do itttt! <3
Seconded. DO IIIIIIT.
I'll cosplay Shin if I end up hating Ikki for some reason. But so far (An episode into his arc) I'm enjoying the difference. I LIKE PLAYERS-TURNED-LOVEY OKAY.

Quote:
Also thinking of making a card making tutorial. I've been getting so many questions about how to make my persona tarot cards that honestly, it's starting to get a bit tiring of answering the same questions again and again and again. I'm not planning on making any more cards at the moment though...
I would appreciate this though I have no idea when or what I will actually end up cosplaying from Persona 3 >.<;

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
I spent two hours yesterday just looking at wigs. So many that I want, they are just gorgeous, I want them all!
Oh man, this. I spent an hour today just fawning over the wigs for Amnesia. THE BLENDING IS (usually) SO PRETTY OH MY GOD.
The bad thing is, I have $25 right now and I can scrape together $4 more in change. I literally have just enough for Ikki's wig and slightly over enough for Shin's. But I need to get the last accessories for Ciel....but I want the wig...ugh.

I've also decided not to use more money and get another Ciel wig. I'll compare between my first and most recent one and see which one looks the best to me with the new outfit I'm getting. AND THIS IS WHY. I KNOW HOW LITTLE I WILL COSPLAY CIEL ONCE I ACTUALLY DO IT PROPERLY.
(Also, I would love to do a type of maid cafe as the Amnesia characters. That would be great but I would suck at being a butler too.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #58472
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Apparently the weekend my local costume shop opens for the year falls the same weekend as the city's St. Patrick's Day parade. Eff that. Took us 30 minutes to find parking and another 15 to fight our way through green-clad crowds. It was a total nightmare, but I ended up with a sword to use as a base for Richter's. I've done the mock-up and started construction. More sanding in my future, haaaaaa.

I won't get any more done this weekend though - heading to a WBC game tomorrow! ^_^

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #58473
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I would appreciate this though I have no idea when or what I will actually end up cosplaying from Persona 3 >.<;

Oh man, this. I spent an hour today just fawning over the wigs for Amnesia. THE BLENDING IS (usually) SO PRETTY OH MY GOD.
The bad thing is, I have $25 right now and I can scrape together $4 more in change. I literally have just enough for Ikki's wig and slightly over enough for Shin's. But I need to get the last accessories for Ciel....but I want the wig...ugh.
I ended up writing up the whole tutorial! XD I'm going to wait until I have some pictures to put up with it though since it is very boring looking right now.

AND YES. They have such pretty hair! <3.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #58474
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Wow... wool felt is sure worth the extra money I've thrown at it. All the red stains that were on it for some reason or another have washed away by simply using water!
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #58475
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Seymour was a hot mess ugh... Well least I know how I want to fix the wig. Maybe a clear plastic thing to keep the robe from showing my breast area? O.o I really thought double sided tape would work but it so didn't. But least it turned out wellish? I think I may have ended up on a 'bad cosplay' blog because of it. I think its going to be my constant WIP cosplay...

Anyways, I also got to wear Jin and Murasakibara the past two days which were awesome cosplays to do. I've got four cosplays for later today. lol

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #58476
Hielostar
House of Hielo

Actually getting some progress done today! Almost done using Mod Podge to seal the craft foam detailing for the scabbard, and have primed and painted the foamboard base. At least having to wait for things to dry allows me to get tasks done around the house and type up some paperwork that I need for the week.

Still having a hard time finding appropriate plastic potion bottles for Link - the glass ones look cool and all, but I wanted something that wouldn't break if accidentally dropped, as I am fairly clumsy. ;-)
Link (Adult) - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hange Zoe - Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #58477
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I ended up writing up the whole tutorial! XD I'm going to wait until I have some pictures to put up with it though since it is very boring looking right now.

AND YES. They have such pretty hair! <3.
Sounds like a plan. Maybe if you get bored and have some free time you can make a card to go along with it.

Ugh I know. Ikki and Shin's hair is both fabulous. This is actually a really tough decision. Shin it felt like the heroine connected with more but she also had no idea what was going on and kept rejecting him, so I never felt attached to him even though his world was really happy and cool...Ikki I liked more but everyone around her HATED her in his world so it felt kind of sad to me...God, stop changing the environment, it's messing up my perception of these characters ;A;

I also totally forgot one of my friends (who was going to be Tsukimi whenever I cosplayed Kuranosuke) just recently got her Heroine wig in. I really want to form this up into a group. Can this please happen. *.*
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #58478
Ilafatyu
That guy

Finished Izaya at the restaurant last night-- The waitress seemed to think it was cool. Then I was fawned over with a lint roller, then SUPER SMASH BROTHERS AND DANCING AND RAFFLE AND I had fun last night.

Now I want to make All The Cosplays, but I don't have my materials.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%

Last edited by Ilafatyu : 03-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #58479
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

So my sister and I went shopping yesterday and I found the perfect cardigan I can use to be casual!England .
Although I don't have my wig yet; the wig i'm getting is actually for me to cosplay Norway but it can also work for England as well.

Black Widow (Captain America 2, civilian alternate; Falcon's house) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2, civilian alternate #2; escape with Steve) - In progress

Others:
Elsa (Frozen) - Planning
Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - In progress
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #58480
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

So not only am I almost done with my friend's Prince Diamond jacket that I'm making her, but we reconsidered our plans for Anime USA, meaning I have more time to work on Karasu's coat tails and get them looking as good as they possibly can.

So now instead of going as Kurama and Karasu from Yu Yu Hakusho at AUSA on friday, we're going as Itsuki and the teenage version of Sensui from the same thing. This has potential to be fun.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #58481
Ilafatyu
That guy

We should make a 'how to get started with cosplay' sticky, so new cosplayers don't have to start a new thread every time. Anyone else think so?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #58482
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
GALE OF DARKNESS, oh my god. That will forever be my favorite Pokemon game. I'd like to go and play it if our game room actually had a suitable temperature (right now it goes from being ice cold to suffocatingly hot) I too have wanted to cosplay the protag for a while now.
I will forever love the game and I think it's really nice to meet other fans~ I also think you'd make a wonderful protag if you decide to cosplay him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
OMG DO IT.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone cosplay him!

And by the way I'm actually re-playing through Pokémon Colosseum currently. xD
This reminds me that I also want to cosplay Wes as well! (I'll get to them eventually, but I really need to stop replaying the game now so that the urges stop!)

@Quinn: I'm very excited to see those cosplayed! They will be SUPER AWESOME!

In other news, went babysitting today and got some funds~ Using it to get the last of the stuff for Yusuke for sure, as well as stuff for Teito!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #58483
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
We should make a 'how to get started with cosplay' sticky, so new cosplayers don't have to start a new thread every time. Anyone else think so?
Agreed. Though I do think it'd take a lot of time to come up with that starting list..
But it'd also be cool to have one singular thread for them to post more specific questions for older cosplayers can answer as well. (where to get a certain wig or such) The starting post could just be the basics of getting started with your costumes and maybe link back to other helpful threads about con etiquette/cosplay etiquette when actually at a con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
I will forever love the game and I think it's really nice to meet other fans~ I also think you'd make a wonderful protag if you decide to cosplay him!!

This reminds me that I also want to cosplay Wes as well! (I'll get to them eventually, but I really need to stop replaying the game now so that the urges stop!)
I remember playing it when I was younger and the only reason I loved it was because it had Eevee. Though it is just an awesome game..I need to go play it again.

And Wes! I like his design better than GoD's protag, but I haven't had a chance to actually play his game :'( I need to go back and play all the Pokemon games that were actually on consoles. I remember them being really fun.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #58484
touchmon
Make All The Things!

SO MUCH STUFF got delivered to my college address while I was at home! I got the rest of the fabric swatches for Koromaru(have to think about which furs to use now..) along with the beret for Heroine and...the AMNESIA ARTBOOK! I'm so excited to look in it but I'm holding myself back until after I finish making the second rolled rose that goes on the beret(and possibly attach them onto the beret tonight...) before opening the artbook.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #58485
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
The issue is, we already have threads out there for every single question they've been asking. All they have to do is take the time to actually look. Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing people ask the same things over and over when there are already several answers out there for them.

I think....I kind of made some sort of progress...ish. I really hate cutting fabric...and patterns...are kind of not my friend. So..no wonder this is such a slow process for me, lol. At this rate I'll be done with a 'simple' project next year.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote