Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #58471
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,623
SO MUCH STUFF got delivered to my college address while I was at home! I got the rest of the fabric swatches for Koromaru(have to think about which furs to use now..) along with the beret for Heroine and...the AMNESIA ARTBOOK! I'm so excited to look in it but I'm holding myself back until after I finish making the second rolled rose that goes on the beret(and possibly attach them onto the beret tonight...) before opening the artbook.
__________________
Working on...
|Parvati Sakura(Fate/Grand Order)|Fem Arjuna(Fate/Grand Order)|Gudako(Fate/Grand Order)| Elegant Mad Queen Ryan(Achievement Hunter)|Shura(Vol 17 cover, Ao no Exorcist)

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #58472
TeaForThought
Knows nothing
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
We should make a 'how to get started with cosplay' sticky, so new cosplayers don't have to start a new thread every time. Anyone else think so?
The issue is, we already have threads out there for every single question they've been asking. All they have to do is take the time to actually look. Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing people ask the same things over and over when there are already several answers out there for them.


I think....I kind of made some sort of progress...ish. I really hate cutting fabric...and patterns...are kind of not my friend. So..no wonder this is such a slow process for me, lol. At this rate I'll be done with a 'simple' project next year.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
Its not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.
This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #58473
SA2R
King of the Skies
 
SA2R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 966
About to order a massive amount of wigs CX Takuto is going to take 3 wigs @-@;;
And I want to squeeze in an order for my Cheng-Long Liu wig. I am also wondering just has fast I can pump out Cheng-Long Liu??
__________________
Upcoming cosplays:

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6


My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.


( ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #58474
Crabcakes
Subway Boss
 
Crabcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 83
I just really wish one of the things I ordered would be shipped out soon.
I mean, I guess it's good that they're probably not gonna show up at my college address during spring break, but I'm getting impatient. v.v
__________________
Planned Conventions
AnimeNext
New York Comic Con?

Planned Cosplays
Lolita!Emmet (Pokemon Black/White)
Elesa (Pokemon Black/White)
Bianca (Pokemon Black/White)
Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #58475
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
SO MUCH STUFF got delivered to my college address while I was at home! I got the rest of the fabric swatches for Koromaru(have to think about which furs to use now..) along with the beret for Heroine and...the AMNESIA ARTBOOK! I'm so excited to look in it but I'm holding myself back until after I finish making the second rolled rose that goes on the beret(and possibly attach them onto the beret tonight...) before opening the artbook.
AMNESIA ARTBOOK. OH MY GOD.
...You are sending me pictures.
As well as letting me stalk you for progress pictures on Heroine.
(I really love all the costumes you are working on now, man. I really do.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
The issue is, we already have threads out there for every single question they've been asking. All they have to do is take the time to actually look. Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing people ask the same things over and over when there are already several answers out there for them.
Well yes, but to be fair a ton of those threads are buried deep in General Chat. I know how I was first coming onto this forum since its layout was a lot different than what I was used to, and it can be hard to grasp at first, muchless will they really want to search through pages of a site they probably have little to no experience of using to answer a question when they think the quick and easy way is to make a new thread to ask one simple question.
So having it all in one collective thread, even if it does just link back to those, would be a bit more helpful. (and keeping the questions for any topic there contained in that one thread would help quite a bit, too.)

Also, self stop arguing with yourself. You like Ikki more and you know you'll look better as him than as Shin. JUST DO IT.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #58476
TeaForThought
Knows nothing
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Well yes, but to be fair a ton of those threads are buried deep in General Chat. I know how I was first coming onto this forum since its layout was a lot different than what I was used to, and it can be hard to grasp at first, muchless will they really want to search through pages of a site they probably have little to no experience of using to answer a question when they think the quick and easy way is to make a new thread to ask one simple question.
So having it all in one collective thread, even if it does just link back to those, would be a bit more helpful. (and keeping the questions for any topic there contained in that one thread would help quite a bit, too.)
Time consuming or challenging or not...it seems we're encouraging people to continue to repeat questions all the time. Half the time even when people link the threads it seems to do nothing. I'm not saying that's how it always works but lately, it has happened a good bit. Everyone's been new at some point, that's how it is with anything and everything. I'd just assume that when on a new website you attempt to look through it and try to figure it out so you didn't have to be constantly asking questions.
It seems there's also a pretty decent number who've "lurked" or just been waiting to get an account.
Don't get me wrong...questions aren't a bad thing and I'm all for being able to help someone out but I'm not okay with trying to help but having any attempts/actions or links ignored....that sort of thing just gets on my nerves.


Come on cosplay motivation, get back here. I have crap to finish.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
Its not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.
This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #58477
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 886
Did some hardcore cosplay material buying today! Got everything I need for one cosplay, and just need to get everything sewn/modified and wait for one commission part to be done! Then I'm ready for my convention in May ^.^

Bad part is another cosplay I was looking to do completely failed! Went to look for a blue suit at a thrift store, and failed hard. Of course it was just one store, so maybe I'll have better luck later :/
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Reaper - Overwatch (2017)
Jotaro Kujo (Part 4) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2017)
Nobuchika Ginoza - Psycho-pass (2016)
Trafalgar Law (Punk Hazard) - One Piece (2014)
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #58478
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,348
Come onnnnnnnn cotton gauze swatches! I wanna get started on this darn dress already.
__________________
Deviantart
Storenvy
Facebook (Artist alley only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #58479
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed
 
Reily96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,322
SOOO... Japanese homework never got done. I'm being so bad right now... But it's really hard to not procrastinate when the professor is pretty much saying your homework isn't due until the test day. >.> On the bright side, most of my other homework is done and I can sew kimono lining tomorrow! Yay!
__________________
Working On:
Kamui (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 51%
Samemi - genderbent Samekichi (Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea) - 66%
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #58480
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
AMNESIA ARTBOOK. OH MY GOD.
...You are sending me pictures.
As well as letting me stalk you for progress pictures on Heroine.
(I really love all the costumes you are working on now, man. I really do.)
Sure. Any preferences for pictures you want? Or we can just talk about this on fb. Lol And I'm glad you enjoy all of my costumes.


Finished my Heroine beret! Really love how it looks. Even if it did take me about 2 hours to get it done...
__________________
Working on...
|Parvati Sakura(Fate/Grand Order)|Fem Arjuna(Fate/Grand Order)|Gudako(Fate/Grand Order)| Elegant Mad Queen Ryan(Achievement Hunter)|Shura(Vol 17 cover, Ao no Exorcist)

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #58481
Shana05
Survivor
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,635
I'm going to make a new giant spatula for Ukyo. The foam ending up breaking. Duct tape fixed it enough for the con but I'm going to do what my friend did to make her keyblade. I'm going to cut the shape out of oak with a jigsaw. Although, I'll have my dad help me.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Anime Cental: SplashFree!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #58482
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
SOOO... Japanese homework never got done. I'm being so bad right now... But it's really hard to not procrastinate when the professor is pretty much saying your homework isn't due until the test day. >.> On the bright side, most of my other homework is done and I can sew kimono lining tomorrow! Yay!
XD Same here with my Chinese homework. i figured tomorrow i have enough time before class to finish it up. Ahhh i feel bad, and at the same time relaxed from my spring break which sadly ends today. Hoping to get something done this week, but i doubt seeing how busy school is appearing this week.

Welp! Link and ~H~, i've finally felt motivated by the two of you also do a secret cosplay, Gijinka syleXD
__________________


~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%

ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #58483
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Welp! Link and ~H~, i've finally felt motivated by the two of you also do a secret cosplay, Gijinka syleXD
Yaaaay!!! I can't wait to see it!
__________________

W.I.P:
Art Nouveau Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Belle - Beauty and the Beast
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #58484
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Yaaaay!!! I can't wait to see it!
XD thanks! i'm still super excited to yours as well.
__________________


~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%

ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #58485
usuyukisou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 863
Joining Reily96 and ashe2kawaii, I have an unfinished French essay. And a Japanese final coming up, although that's my easy class so studying isn't necessary.

On-topic: One of the other instructors in the Japanese department (not my teacher) wants to cosplay.
__________________
RIP CosRevo, Love Laugh, Sweety Pop, Cocosilver.
usuyukisou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Tiffany_Park
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.