Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #58516
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Planning out my cosplays for the next events and stuff. I've gotta remake my Jin top and redo parts of my hakama, work on Zechs, make my top for casual Murasakibara, make Lightning's skirt, and work on the parts for a Soul Eater group. . . Woohoo?

Also that sengoku basara cosplay >.> and Idolm@ster, and HTF...and Yhbtefiujokpl';

TO MANY PLANS T_T
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #58517
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I now have no excuse to not get progress done. I have everything to get 9 cosplays made and another 4 touched up. Now I just need to sit down and get working. Unfortunately all of them should wait until I get my Fangirl finished for Dragon*Con. She's who I need first. Granted, getting Death's 'arms' done would be good to do before Dragon*Con too.

2018 Conventions: Marcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #58518
Akahime

Yesterday... while working on my new Chie jacket.... it took me more than an hour to make the pockets..... why?!!!!!! (then again, pockets were never my forte...)

And I just got another cosplay date (as that's what we're calling our days together when making cosplay now, lol) with my friend. I'll be mostly guiding her on making her Kagome from Inuyasha backpack and help her with some expenses with the backpack.
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #58519
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I think I just got my friend on to a cosplaying kick. I told her I would help her out with half of her cosplay list and it's long! I thought I had a lot of cosplays but she beats me in that category.

Speaking of, I really need to finalize my cosplay list for next year so I can figure out what to start working on and what I need commissioned. I only have three on my list that I'm thinking about doing but nothing is set in stone yet.

I hate starting cosplays and not finishing them. Stocking is about done but I need to take the dress to get taken in and dry cleaned still. The sword is in my friend's hand who is making me it for me for free. Thank god!

Future Cons
Daisho-Con 2016 [All Days]
Con-Alt-Delete 2016 [All Days]
Katsucon 2017 [All Days]
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #58520
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Yay I just bought myself a dressform, now I can start working on the Alliance uniform
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #58521
NeoGC
The Rookie.

Being a newbie and all, the biggest thing on my mind is the future. How i'm gonna get a job to afford the money to make the costume...how it'll look...how I can make it unique and add elements of my own work in there...how i'm gonna do certain things, how everything will come together...and more!
NeoGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #58522
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Sisi lace arrived while I was in Japan. Still need to dye it, but that means all of my fabric acquisition is complete.
Got photos of general costume construction in the Petite Museum in Takarazuka, which means I've got a better idea of how I want to put this thing together.

Now to just make myself NOT start working on it until other projects are complete ... Priorities, Charis, priorities! *smacks wrist*
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #58523
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoGC View Post
Being a newbie and all, the biggest thing on my mind is the future. How i'm gonna get a job to afford the money to make the costume...how it'll look...how I can make it unique and add elements of my own work in there...how i'm gonna do certain things, how everything will come together...and more!
Quite an exciting process and feeling, isn't it? ^^
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #58524
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

gonna go buy fabric again Saturday....very tempted to buy the same maroon fabric that I bought for my Asuna's cloak and buy a blue one so then me and my sisters can finally be Link wearing the Kokiri/Goron/Zora tunic that we planned to do in the future (my older sister already has the Kokiri tunic since we made it for her for halloween~! x3

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #58525
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

Ooh why'd I have to wait until the last minute to try to get some feathers? I seriously doubt I can get any by spring break (next week), when I'll have the most time to make my wings, and the company I was looking to order from said that they don't get the type of feather I was looking at very often, but I haven't heard back yet on if they currently have the pound+ I'll need in stock. :< I might have to go with another, more expensive type. I found a company that was $10 cheaper than this one for the second type of feather, but they haven't responded to my email, so I don't think I'll go with them.

I also need to order some fabric! Neoprene or spandex? I guess it's time to pay a visit to the "which fabric should I use?" thread!

If nothing else, I can get both pairs of horns done over break, as those require a solid amount of work time over a period of days, which I can't do easily during school, and get the wing armature done so it just needs to be filled in whenever I can get some feathers...which is hopefully at least a month before Fanime, so I have enough time to actually glue all these on! I can also work on sewing Ultimecia's dress, as I already have all the fabric for it, and sewing is an easy way to fill in gaps of time.

I'm still kicking myself over those feathers, though. :<
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #58526
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

Yes, today I decided on my Desucon cosplay plans!
Now I just need to wait for some kimonos to arrive, order a wig for Kazuma and make the eyewrap for Rokurō and I'll be ready for the con ~

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 03-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #58527
NeoGC
The Rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
Quite an exciting process and feeling, isn't it? ^^
It is! It makes me real excited for the future! Hopefully everything goes as planned...!

-Current and Future Cosplays-

Marty Mcfly (Back to the Future) - 100%
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain) - 100%

NeoGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #58528
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

My wig has been shipped today~! ^_^ come to meeee my precioussssss!!!! *_* OH! OH! OH! And I get to order my Stocking wig next Friday~! :3

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #58529
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

T_T I've apparently impressed a lot of people with my cosplays because people now want me to make stuff for them like crazy wig styles and other cosplay related items. My normal policy is if you buy the materials for me to use I'll make it for you. (Though when I'd get it done depends...) Not sure how much longer that policy is going to work with five commissions being tossed my way.

Also my friend convinced me to do Koubun Ka because my Sinbad which is a crap ton of fabric so I could use the extra funds.... >.>
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #58530
Hielostar
House of Hielo

My wig from Arda shipped today! *happy dance* Plus, I was able to get a refund from the other company, so it really didn't cost me anything!

Not a fan of unexpected snow days lately, since that means I need to dip into my 'Earned Time Off' bank to make sure I get paid today. At least I can work on the scabbard painting some more and wash my Link tunic fabric.
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Shiro - No Game No Life
Professor Juniper - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote