Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #58816
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Hum. So my latest batch of LEDs came in, and after much agonizing, I realized that there is no simple way to make them removable from Luigi's Poltergust. So I placed an order for a second rug tool for the vacuum, so that I can simply remove that and replace it as needed.

I swear this makes sense. XD
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #58817
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Ended up remaking the bodice for Camellia Gumi. It looks so much better now and it fits better too. I'm going to have to test it later though to see how restricted my movements are so I know what I can and can't do.

Also need to cut that petticoat... T_T

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #58818
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Gah! DX I finally made it to the R season of Sailor Moon and it's making me A) want to wear my Sapphire cosplay around the house and B) work on my friend's Prince Diamond cosplay that I agreed to make her. I can't though, because my dad said the way I was doing the jacket looked really bad and insisted on helping, so I can't work on it until he finds a way to make it better.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #58819
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I just started watching Black Butler and I'm itching to cosplay as Mey Rin for next year! Ugh! I can't be getting anymore ideas!

But she's just so adorable and she's not done very much! Mey Rin is crazy like me too! Decisions...Decisions...Decisions.

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014

Last edited by Marbleyes : 03-26-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #58820
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Guess who FINALLY got around to uploading the photoshoot when I did as Kohaku from Grand Guignol Orchestra at Anime USA!

(They're the last 7 photos on that pages. The ones where I actually have a black tie and makeup on.)
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #58821
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

I was determined not to have stitch seams on the black part of Sailor Star Fighter's bra top...so I folded over the edges of my PVC fabric and used hot glue to bind it. I also used thin wire so that I can shape the pointy ends the way I want them to look! I was worried it wouldn't work but it looks great! I <3 hot glue guns!!!!

Current Project(s):
Prince Parka Tokiya (Uta no Prince-sama)/Kurosaki Ranmaru (UtaPri: Debut)

Upcoming Events:
Anime Boston/Otakon

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #58822
Curucar

So I'm running a convention this coming weekend, and realizing how freaky prepared I am this year for it (it be year 3). Instead of freaking out and not sleeping because of prep work, I totally worked on Sabriel for two hours tonight (who I'm not even BRINGING to this con). It's nice to be figuring this thing out.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #58823
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Waiting on two wigs and taking a break from cosplay work for my bday.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #58824
usuyukisou

Classe Wig is having another 5-week sale event (the first week will end in 1 hr 20 min). I'm highly tempted to take advantage of the 2nd week 20% off sale to get a wig for Lightning, and maybe a wigs for Fang and Yuna.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #58825
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Attached the main LEDs to Luigi's Poltergust. It looks great, but the weight of them is a bit much, so now I have to find a way to better stabilize them. Plus I'm not sure what to do with the pesky battery pack. And I think I'm going to cut apart the handle to match the new game design because why the hell not.

And I thought this would be an easy prop. Hahaha.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #58826
SavySachiko

I havent made or bought a cosplay in years, and now i plan on having 3 cosplays before Akon! >.<
SavySachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #58827
LeekFish
Clow Reader

ARGH. I'm trying to decide what poem to put on my Cocoa shirt. My roommate asked Yuumei about it but she only told us that any poem will do. But being someone who really likes being accurate, I tried searching some of the words in hopes of finding the original poem she used to no avail. Guess I will just have to pick one that's fitting and just roll with it. Oh well.

Might have to find an alternative method to making my Godoka wings, too... I totally don't have time for this. I more or less have a day left. WHY CAN'T SAKURA CON BE NEXT WEEK... OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #58828
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Good day today! After going to the dentist my mom took me to buy fabric to make a skirt for my Stocking cosplay~!

W.I.P:
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon 41%

2016 Cosplans
Cinderella (Brandy version)
Steampunk!Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Snow White - Designer Doll
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #58829
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Blah. Even with taking off a tier off of the petticoat it is still pretty much the same length-wise. -_- I'm thinking of going to plan b where I shorten the thing the tiers rest on to make it a bit higher. This is causing more trouble than it needs to..

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #58830
momomilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
ARGH. I'm trying to decide what poem to put on my Cocoa shirt. My roommate asked Yuumei about it but she only told us that any poem will do. But being someone who really likes being accurate, I tried searching some of the words in hopes of finding the original poem she used to no avail. Guess I will just have to pick one that's fitting and just roll with it. Oh well.

Might have to find an alternative method to making my Godoka wings, too... I totally don't have time for this. I more or less have a day left. WHY CAN'T SAKURA CON BE NEXT WEEK... OTL
I feel that way too. I wish that Sakura con was next week in a way for more time to work on some cosplays! But I'm super excited for the convention! Also, the con happens to fall on spring break which is nice
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote