Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #58816
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
I feel that way too. I wish that Sakura con was next week in a way for more time to work on some cosplays! But I'm super excited for the convention! Also, the con happens to fall on spring break which is nice
Yeah, if anything I'm definitely really grateful that it's during Spring Break this year. I'm attending two cons during my Spring Term (Equestria LA and Fanime shortly after), and I can't exceed the number of absences that I'll be using from those cons. Luckily I don't usually get sick during spring and summer.

Dang it, I'm going to have to make another trip to Michaels/Joann's first thing in the morning. I've already been to Joann's 8 times in the last week. The cashier told my roommate and I that at this point she might as well invite us to her wedding, haha. Dang it, why do good ideas become obvious at the last minute? Darn Godoka wings!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #58817
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I was hoping to get some sewing done today. Then the niece came over and we colored eggs and by the time she left I had no time to sew because I had to do stupid homework. Four hours straight and I'm still not caught up with everything. Bah...

Maybe I can get some sewing done tomorrow.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #58818
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

gonna hopefully do some major cosplay progress tomorrow (later this morning xD since it is 12:21 am for me)!

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #58819
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So while trying to take some beach shots today... I got hit in the face by a bird. By this, I mean a bird full out flew into my face, it's wing got stuck in my glasses for a bit before flying off. Yeah that was not cool, everyone laughed at me too. BUT STUPID BIRD!

Anyways, got to meet up with my cosplay group today~ It was awesome. Gonna be so much fun during the summer, since we have cosplay workshop days and photoshoots/events planned. >< yay~
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #58820
AnimeLuxray25

I haven't designed any gijinkas a while now. Maybe I should right now. I was thinking, Cubchoo, Ivysaur, or maybe even Sandile.
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #58821
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

1 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes, 3 seconds until the Party Starts!

WHY IS SAKURA-CON THIS CLOSE WHY AM I NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DONE AAAAAAAHHHH
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #58822
AnimeLuxray25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post

GO, GO, GO. Work hard, you can do it!

I believe in you. I beliiiieeeve.
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #58823
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
gonna hopefully do some major cosplay progress tomorrow (later this morning xD since it is 12:21 am for me)!
Good luck to the both of us, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
So while trying to take some beach shots today... I got hit in the face by a bird. By this, I mean a bird full out flew into my face, it's wing got stuck in my glasses for a bit before flying off. Yeah that was not cool, everyone laughed at me too. BUT STUPID BIRD!
I don't know, I'd find that pretty funny too.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #58824
momomilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Yeah, if anything I'm definitely really grateful that it's during Spring Break this year. I'm attending two cons during my Spring Term (Equestria LA and Fanime shortly after), and I can't exceed the number of absences that I'll be using from those cons. Luckily I don't usually get sick during spring and summer.

Dang it, I'm going to have to make another trip to Michaels/Joann's first thing in the morning. I've already been to Joann's 8 times in the last week. The cashier told my roommate and I that at this point she might as well invite us to her wedding, haha. Dang it, why do good ideas become obvious at the last minute? Darn Godoka wings!

Ouch. It sucks to get absesnces during the quarter but it'll be fun! I used to skip my friday classes for Sakura-con though last year, I was quite lucky and had no class on Friday. The nice thing, after getting into my department, the classes are built so I tend to get Friday off so it wouldn't have been a huge problem to miss! THOUGH, knowing you still have homework to do sucks :P

Don't you hate that? When you think you have all the materials but during the week before convention, you take like 43982049 trips to the store to get the items :X

Quote:

GOOD LUCK! I got two costumes completed! Working on my third but it most likely won't get done (which I'm fine with because I have other back up cosplays that I can choose to wear on Sunday - the shorter day ^o^)
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #58825
ilafatyu
That guy

Another gathering, you say? April 20th, you say? But of course I'll attend. Another in August? You flatter me, sir. Sign me up.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #58826
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

*headdesk* Good news, I finished Camellia Gumi and I think it looks awesome. However, I ended up accidentally deleting the picture I was going to put up on the internet of it. -_- And I really don't feel like putting all of the pieces back on again.

EDIT: Thanks to the internet...I was able to get the picture back again!

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 03-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #58827
Zoeyromanov

I found a nice fabric I can use for Belarus' dress, and her apron at Fabricland. It is a bit lighter than I wanted, but it can still work. But I didn't get it because my mom wanted me to look for pattern as well but I didn't find one suitable, so at the moment no cosplay progress. My mom is taking me to another Fabricland (sadly no I don't have JoAnn's) soon so at this point im just hoping my costumes will be done before Anime North :/. And still need to buy my ticket...and wigs...
-crosses fingers-

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #58828
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Finally did some much-needed repairs on Saphir's jacket (some of the beads popped off when I wore it on my birthday) so hopefully I can finally get some photos as him on Saturday. Lets see if I remember my gloves this time though.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #58829
momomilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
*headdesk* Good news, I finished Camellia Gumi and I think it looks awesome. However, I ended up accidentally deleting the picture I was going to put up on the internet of it. -_- And I really don't feel like putting all of the pieces back on again.

EDIT: Thanks to the internet...I was able to get the picture back again!
That freaking looks awesome. I want to do a Camellia Gumi one day. Her dress is so cute :3!

I'm debating if I should wear my UtaPuri Ittoki Debut outfit to Sakura-con for Sunday since I have nothing planned (besides rewearing one of my 2 cosplays)
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #58830
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:

/SOBS HYSTERICALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
Ouch. It sucks to get absesnces during the quarter but it'll be fun! I used to skip my friday classes for Sakura-con though last year, I was quite lucky and had no class on Friday. The nice thing, after getting into my department, the classes are built so I tend to get Friday off so it wouldn't have been a huge problem to miss! THOUGH, knowing you still have homework to do sucks :P

Don't you hate that? When you think you have all the materials but during the week before convention, you take like 43982049 trips to the store to get the items :X
Usually I have near-perfect attendance, and luckily I only have one class on Fridays, so I should be alright. If I so much as get sick once during the term though, I'll be forced to tough it out since I'm actually going to be missing one more Japanese class than I'm allowed to miss without penalty. Yikes. I typically try to base my Spring Term classes around con season and avoid Friday classes, but most language classes at my college are 5 days a week so it's pretty unavoidable. And for whatever reason it seems like all of the art classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays this term, which sucks since I'll have to miss two Thursdays due to con. Argh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the people at Joann's and Michael's are used to me by now. It's really frustrating that Michael's is on the other side of town and Joann's isn't exactly the closest store either. Makes me miss my hometown, where I live really close to Michael's, which is literally right around the corner from Joann's and Target. xD It's absolutely perfect, I tell you.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote