Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1101 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #59221
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Okay, yeah I finally got around to watching the episode as well, and I guess you're right. Seems like it's a dark purple-black mix, like Rin from Ao no Exorcist has a purple-blue mix, and Suguru from Gravitation has a greenish black. xD
I'm happy Gareki's hair stayed plain ol' black, or else I would have had to get a new wig.
They did change his eye colour though, which I kinda like since it gives me more chances to wear my blue lenses.
Blabbering is perfectly fine with me xD I actually found a nice Black/purple wig online for not too much. Since I already have a long black coat, this cosplay is happening!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #59222
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Blabbering is perfectly fine with me xD I actually found a nice Black/purple wig online for not too much. Since I already have a long black coat, this cosplay is happening!
LOL and I meant black-blue with Rin from Ao no Ex, just edited that. Why do I have purple on my mind? Right, because it's on of my favourite colours.... Wow...OT blabbing again, shame on me. uú

But to get back to cosplay, I'll be looking forward to seeing you as the four-eyes. ;D
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #59223
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Ritsuka Aoyagi is pretty much all complete now! The ears arrived and are pinned nicely to the wig and everything's good to go. Except the tail. I think it's held up in customs...It's a week late and it hasn't even made it into America yet. I don't think it'll be here by my photoshoot Saturday, oh well, we'll just say it's tucked under his pants xD
I'm actually glad Ritsuka is beat-up more often than not, I've developed carpal tunnel and I have to wear a brace now. I won't have to take it off for Ritsuka since it goes with his theme anyway.
I tried out Ritsuka's wig with ears and my cat kept staring at me with the widest eyes ever.
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #59224
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

I'm finally done with one of my papers! -enter sobbing here- I may have time to DO something later this week once I finish up my research paper and the essay being assigned on Thursday. Even if it's just painting my Dragon's Crown elf feathers or finishing up the quiver, I'd be really happy.

And I just realized that I should be able to make it to Sac-Anime in the fall! 8D School starts the Monday before so I shouldn't be too busy, and by then I should have all my current projects all finished up (well, hopefully XD). And I was thinking about how amazing it would be to go to a con while on the road trip... :3 I think I'll go look some up and see if any are around those times.

Edit: Found four in three states around where we'll be. Still need to see how far everything is, but it's very exciting.

Hehe. Here I am planning cosplay side trips and the car we'll be taking is so tiny we'll be lucky to fit our luggage let alone cosplay stuff. XD Then again, it'll be just the two of us, so we'll have to back seat too...

UGH I must stop doing this to myself. XDD
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt

Last edited by ShadowDrac : 04-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #59225
DollFacedDude
Master of tl;dr Posts

lol, funny cat. I love it when they make that face. 'WAT'S GOING ON. O.O'

Needlessly stressing over Alta´r's design and the parts that don't make sense... whether it would be better to make the buckles functional and sacrifice 100% accuracy or to put on lots of useless buckles just for decoration... hmmmmmm...
DollFacedDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #59226
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

So, I got home today and I found Gillbird waiting for me outside of my room door. The Gillbird plushie I ordered came in, and it looks absolutely ADORABLE!!! Now, all I need is a pair of black gloves, and Prussia is officially complete!

Now to wait on Toys R Us to send the polar bear plushie, and then I can start the search for the Canada wig and outfit.

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #59227
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Finished a major part of my cosplay today. I did it all on my own and is only the second thing I have ever sewn.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #59228
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediofTime View Post
Finished a major part of my cosplay today. I did it all on my own and is only the second thing I have ever sewn.
<plays Final Fantasy victory fanfare>
Well, congratulations! I'm always happy for people who accomplish something like that for the first time! Sewing is difficult, so I'm really glad to hear that you've finished up a really big part of your outfit! Well done!

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #59229
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
<plays Final Fantasy victory fanfare>
Well, congratulations! I'm always happy for people who accomplish something like that for the first time! Sewing is difficult, so I'm really glad to hear that you've finished up a really big part of your outfit! Well done!
Well another major part was waiting for me when I got home and have another part coming in a few days.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo

Last edited by JediofTime : 04-08-2013 at 06:35 PM.
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #59230
CrossedCrowns

Well, Shutocon is over, and I'm exhausted...

...and now I have cosplays to wash. ;n;

I'm so lazy but they /need/ to be cleaned. ugh
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #59231
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

eessh, this small cold is really bugging me. I haven't been able to work on the striped stockings last night and today either :P I'm gonna try working on them when I get back from the dentist tomorrow. Right now I can try and practice on making Honekoneko with some spare felt I have here at home that wont be used for anything anymore

rewatched Battle Royale....now I really wanna cosplay from it :X

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #59232
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Yup! For the otakon Pandora Hearts shoot.
AH! Perfect!!! You're gonna be so awesome~

All this Pandora Hearts cosplay plans is really making me want to cosplay from it already!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #59233
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
AH! Perfect!!! You're gonna be so awesome~

All this Pandora Hearts cosplay plans is really making me want to cosplay from it already!
XD Pandora Hearts will do that to you. I have at least...8 characters I want to cosplay eventually
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #59234
Ilafatyu
That guy

PiC and I are dorking over circle skirts and the possibility of an elastic waist on her Mor dress. We drool over Magi cosplays on Tumblr (we diagnose coconut hair on a few) and she tells me I'm going to be fan-molested when I wear Judal. I tell her I can handle teh ladiez, but she should totally wear a petticoat under her dress. And a sass-hat.

But her wig came today afdskafj and all is well.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik armor upgrade - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #59235
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I'm so ready to jump in and work on Undertaker.
I got the pendants I ordered and they're just fabulous. I also talked to some current and future Kuroshitsuji cosplayers at AAD and got some ideas for when I do cosplay him. xD
Just gotta wait so I can pay for the wig. >.< And AAD was fun! All the Vocaloid cosers were really nice, though some of the Kuro crowd got rowdy at the start of the con (and briefly got watched by staff) they were also cool after a while.
Though it looks like bringing my bestie along to cons is going to become a regular thing. And I love her, but...I'm not sure how to feel about this. She does pretty good at cons even if she gets a little excited (and I can't blame her for it, she's only ever been to two) but I really do just need a con to walk around and do what I like without having to watch her..especially when we go to larger conventions.
But I also don't want to be selfish and tell her no, since she can only go to conventions with me and she's already really, really excited about making her next costume for Seishun-con.
Though it did get to the point that we were allowed to go where we like in the con center seperately as long as we didn't go outside without my dad..so maybe he'll start to trust her enough to let us do that at smaller cons.
But I'm sorry, I really don't want to go to AWA with her. I don't want to be tied to her arm in a con center I've not even fully explored in the years I've been going. She has said she prefers smaller cons so perhaps she won't be interested in going or will go with other friends from school? I hope so :c
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote