Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1129 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #59296
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Well I didn't get to work on any cosplay tonight.

But, I did get to reorganize my cosplay plans for the next few conventions and get that all in order. I think I'm going to attempt to cosplay Rolan from Rolan the Forgotten King next year for one day of otakon actually X)
^Yes to plans and yes to cosplaying Rolan~

I want to work on everything this weekend and I don't even know where to start!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #59297
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I am too, Decus, I am too! Given the odd number of flowers/leaves, I may end up making some kind of mini wreath/tiara. And wear it between my ears.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #59298
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

O.o. . . I need 8 wigs for my plans for the rest of the year then only two for Kkon. I have so many projects coming up but it makes me happy~

I wonder if I've over stuffed myself with cosplays but I should be able to complete them (If I can afford them is an entirely different thing though I suppose...) Oh and I'm completely happy I have a reason to wear Clear from DRAMAtical Murder because my group is going to do a Otome panel at Oni-con. Xd though I might switch to being Shiki from Togainu no Chi...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #59299
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I want to ask my Sebastian if she will bring him to our con, but I'm too scared oAo. I kind of just told her about going today, and the plans of her coming still aren't solid yet. And I already asked her to bring one...I'd hate to be too pushy and demanding.
I don't even know if she still has it, last I checked she was planning on ordering one that fit her better so...
It'll just feel weird having Ciel at a con with my Sebby totally not being Sebby.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #59300
Captain Cosplay
Finn the Human

I just found the most epic cosplay ever that i absoloutely am going to do.It's the pint-sized slasher from fallout3.Heres an image another cosplayer did and hopefully the outcome of what mine will look like.https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...ZlVwJ7gbaNKjkd
Captain Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #59301
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Well, my wigs are at the post office. Now to wait and find out if they actually deliver them or if I'll get a slip to pick them up on Saturday.

I really should check eBay more often. I'd been trying to find the right size (14 mm) beads to make Kyo's bracelet. Jo-Ann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, none of them had them in black and white and smooth. I just ordered some of both from eBay. I'll have enough to make two and sell the other one to recoup some of the cost. Yay!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #59302
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Aww yeah, I got tons of stuff today!
My paint for Makishima's knife arrived and my Kanaya wig, too!
And I finally got my friend's Mami Tomoe wig, so I can give it to her this weekend! :3
In progress:
| Yuu Kashima - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #59303
ScarletRhapsody
way past weird

Ugh, just people name calling people when they disagree with something. Name calling is the lowest form of argument. I was talking to someone about how I felt about the problems I have with oversexualizing and self-objectification and some of these types of cosplayers being rude to new cosplayers. I don't appreciate the false accusations that 1) people assuming I'm "slut shamming" and 2) people assuming that I'm against cosplay =/= consent. I'm just against rude people that more attention than they deserve. =\

However! Just finished two Sailor Senshi eternal bows! I'm really happy because I couldn't figure out how to combine two bows together and what the trick was. Mari Watanabe posted a really cute tutorial on how to do so. Bless her moonie heart! <3
ScarletRhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #59304
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Please please please people! Quit sending me messages on my cosplay Facebook page asking if I can sell you or make you an Elizabeth cosplay. If the listing is closed and I deleted all the information on the cosplay marketplace please assume that I sold it already.

I understand that it's a popular cosplay right now, and that few options are available for procuring one. But please understand that I don't do commissions because this costume was made for me by someone else, I cannot make another by myself because I don't know how to sew on a machine or how to articulate patterns very well.

For the love of god. Quit sending me messages. I've already had four people ask me this already this past month. I even opened the thread and wrote a message so you guys might understand. The cosplay is gone. And there is nothing we can do about it.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #59305
Xinouth
Hadena Cosplay

Wow - I feel really accomplished now, lol!

I've never handsewn anything... Normal people would pick an easy project to start with..

Just started on Yoruichi's shoes, using a 5 euro shoe as base... and the hardest part of the first shoe is done (the nose).. :3

Cosplays:
Videl, Yoruichi, Lelouch Lamperouge, Anna (Frozen)

Working on:
Regina (OUAT)/Evil Queen (Disney) mashup

Planned:
The Great Saiyaman
Jinx
Vanilla
Xinouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #59306
Ilafatyu
That guy

Cosplay=/=consent is huge right now. What spurred that on?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #59307
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
I am too, Decus, I am too! Given the odd number of flowers/leaves, I may end up making some kind of mini wreath/tiara. And wear it between my ears.
That sounds so cute! I was also thinking of making corsages if our sleeves are short enough. I have some unpainted flowers, so I'll dig them out and see what might work.

As for today, I took a sick day because of a migraine. Only just now feeling human again. Richter's sword is allllllmost done, so maybe I'll get that last bit of painting done. :3

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #59308
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

You know...it's great that people care enough to spread the whole "cosplay is not consent" thing around now....and...yeah it raises awareness and whatnot but...I just wish it hadn't taken so many incidents and so long for everyone to figure it out.

Because personally...all the harassment has made sure conventions will never be the same for me again.

But...on a more positive note...got a piece for a cosplay I've been working on...a tracking number for a wig and apparently the costume I ordered shipped already? Cool.

This is going a lot better than I anticipated.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #59309
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I've decided to take on the huge challenge of Margaret from Rune Factory 4 after I realized I have some fabrics and venise lace that are perfect for her top and head veil thing. And I really want to cosplay an RF character...

reference 2

This is going to be really tough for me, especially the wig, but I want to make a transparent vinyl skirt and have feathers popping out of stockings and spandex ahhh <3 To spare myself the stress/rushing I didn't set a con deadline, but hopefully I can have it (sans musical prop) done by the end of the year. I'm pretty confident I can at least draft the patterns for it, but it's the most complicated outfit I've taken on.

Wish me luck!
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #59310
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctiluca View Post
I've decided to take on the huge challenge of Margaret from Rune Factory 4 after I realized I have some fabrics and venise lace that are perfect for her top and head veil thing. And I really want to cosplay an RF character...

reference 2

This is going to be really tough for me, especially the wig, but I want to make a transparent vinyl skirt and have feathers popping out of stockings and spandex ahhh <3 To spare myself the stress/rushing I didn't set a con deadline, but hopefully I can have it (sans musical prop) done by the end of the year. I'm pretty confident I can at least draft the patterns for it, but it's the most complicated outfit I've taken on.

Wish me luck!
OMG. RUNE FACTORY! I wish you all the luck on her!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote